• Latest reply 5 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b3d4 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

From my Future Spa...the only lamps working are the ones driven from Q3, Q4, Q9, and Q10. Can you tell from this information which component(s) need to be replaced?

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b3d4 (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b3d4 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Bad Q1 or Q2 output on the 4013 chip? Logic probe should show activity on the 4013 at p1 and p13 during lamp test.

#3 5 years ago

If I checked correctly, I do have activity (pulse) at pins 1 and 13.

#4 5 years ago

Have all of the header pins been reflowed?

#5 5 years ago

yes

Quoted from dothedoo:

Have all of the header pins been reflowed?

I did a diode check with DVM from ground to all the pins on the 4013 and compared to a good aux lamp driver board and noticed differences, to the extent that I think the 4013 is bad (even though there is pulse activity at the outputs). I will order a 4013 today and hope that fixes the problem.

#6 5 years ago

Makes sense. That is the common component for each of your issues.

#7 5 years ago

You can verify what is good by hooking up a test lead to TP1 5v on the board and probing around.
Given only that I4 data is working it's either a bad 14013 chip, input resistor, or most likely a bad connection to the board.

#8 5 years ago

SOLVED: Replaced the 4013 chip and all is good again.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

SOLVED: Replaced the 4013 chip and all is good again.

yay. Sometimes a bad chip isnt as simple as a blown gate output since the logic probe showed activity. Having a working example to compare to helps in situations like this. Makes sense it was the 4013 tho given your symptoms. have fun

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/defective-aux-lamp-driver-board-repair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.