Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by dyopp21
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

A new thing I made for when you need to clean the f!ck outta your playfield.

#2 2 years ago

Great design. Solves all the problems. Not looking forward to sewing that tube…

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

A new thing I made for when you need to clean the f!ck outta your playfield.

I so badly wanted to say “just shop the pin!”
    Totally get that the point is for when you wanna do light cleanings monthly/weekly in-between the shop jobs

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I so badly wanted to say “just shop the pin!”
    Totally get that the point is for when you wanna do light cleanings monthly/weekly in-between the shop jobs

Oof! Yeah I can't imagine breaking down some of these machines every time I just wanted to "get the dirt line" and try to minimize wear. I'd be living in a state of shop! And I hate HATED pushing fiber towels up into a lot of those spaces. This ain't as thorough as a shop job, but it's better than anything I've managed to find available for this purpose.

#5 2 years ago

smart idea, I route a few games. I have one game especially that gets stupid dirty within a week or two. Mainly because its nearly impossible to clean under the upper playfield without taking it off. Micros get caught easy for sure.

#6 2 years ago

Great idea, I will be making one for sure!!

#7 2 years ago

should rename the product .... great idea for a quick clean !

#8 2 years ago

Great idea! Lousy name.

PinSnake would work. Use material that has a snakeskin design. Done and done.

#9 2 years ago

I love this!

#10 2 years ago

On the name.... I was originally calling it "The Pathfinder" when I was planning on producing them, but when I dropped that idea I decided it really didn't matter what I called it, so the name is tongue-in-cheek (and I knew people were going to say, "awful name!" Haha.)

#12 2 years ago

Call it the "Pindoscope".

You're welcome. I'll wait here for my royalty checks.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

Call it the "Pindoscope".
    You're welcome. I'll wait here for my royalty checks.

I sat and figured up the labor involved and by the time I was done answering the question "what's it worth to try to make these things in bulk?" I was over $400 a piece. At that point it was- "o.k. I'll share the process but no way is anyone going to pay that price for a huge pinball dildo." The royalty checks on $0 earned will be small.

#14 2 years ago

Funny...I've been trying to think of how and what could be used for the same idea!
    Nice job!

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

Funny...I've been trying to think of how and what could be used for the same idea!
    Nice job!

I was surprised there was nothing already out there for this purpose. Be glad you can quit thinking about this one, I know I am!

#16 2 years ago

Pinsnake

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

Great design. Solves all the problems. Not looking forward to sewing that tube…

I made boxer shorts in 6th grade Home Ec class with zero prior experience.....pretty sure you can sew a tube.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I made boxer shorts in 6th grade Home Ec class with zero prior experience.....pretty sure you can sew a tube.

Sewing the Lycra tube is one thing. Getting it the right size and getting it over the rubber hose is something else.

#19 2 years ago

would clean up overpriced used games with ease !

#20 2 years ago

This would be great on No Fear !

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

This would be great on No Fear !

I've found it works well on a good number of modern games. It makes short work of the classics too. In and out and back to hitting the start button.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deeprooter-ultimate-playfield-companion?hl=scandell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.