(Topic ID: 229502)

Deeproot, Zidware, and John Popaduik. Assets and Liabilities

By CoinTaker

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

96054A1F-1FD1-4435-A9A1-14AA2CB5C646 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 2.49.39 PM (resized).png
    giphy.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago

Gee, didn't see this coming at all. When's the 5 days of deeprooting again?

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup. They showed their trash hand when they hired Jpop. Everyone in the hobby should stand on principal and vow never to spend a dime on Derp Poop product until Jpop's victims are made whole. No distributor should agree to sell their product.

People just don’t do that. “The right thing to do” never trumps “I want my stuff.” Never. Cointaker is run by top of the line people, and I hope they get what they are owed.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

That's just it isn't it? There is no way they should be able to use any of Jpoops designs. I cannot fathom how they can until everyone is made whole. Jpop owes Cointaker unless Deeproot uses these Zidware designs that screwed several of us.
    Plain and simple Deeproot said they'd pay the invoices. Stand up and stick by your word.
    I'd urge everyone to boycott Deeproot until they make everyone whole as they are using designs paid for by victims of Jpop.

Yep. They haven’t produced jack shit. Yet I will point out AP has delivered now -2- games that are rolling off the assembly lines. And they were the ones who last got tagged by the JPop shit show. They took action and made it work. Show me, don’t tell me.

1 month later
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I'm not so concerned they hired jpoop per se, although that is a head scratcher. The hyperbole and arrogance was my first warning signs that DR didn't know what they were getting into in general, then saying they were going to debut 5 games, at once, in a year. Ya... And here we are. But, they didn't take pre orders, so whatever. Hope the pull it together, competition is good!

Boy you said it all in one place there. I'm actually shocked there are some people still shocked. This whole thing smelled bad from the beginning. I do hope they get it together, but the whole thing reeks of inexperience and putting on a big show (er, big talk) to distract from the fact that they arent actually producing anything. (Yet?)

1 year later
    #61 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

From the Linkedin profile:
    "Currently immersed exploring new ideas in brand development, social media, mobile learning, game design and technology enhanced learning.

Developing innovative applications and thoughtful experiential activities that keeps people engaged as they discover new ideas and explore the social world around them. The technology infused mobile space allows me to prototype software concepts from napkin sketch to final software design and product concept."
    Wow.
    "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit." W. C. Fields
    Interesting that he does not show employment at deeproot on Linkedin.

He probably was never an employee - he would have been a contractor, like how a lot of the designers appear to be nowadays. Lawlor may be an exception -

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deeproot-zidware-and-john-popaduik-assets-and-liabilities?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.