New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 229502)

Deeproot, Zidware, and John Popaduik. Assets and Liabilities

By CoinTaker

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Concretehardt
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

96054A1F-1FD1-4435-A9A1-14AA2CB5C646 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 2.49.39 PM (resized).png
    giphy.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 2 years ago

Good luck (sincerely) with getting paid from deeproot. Maybe they will see fit to make you whole, but I would not hold my breath. When I heard about deeproot, my first reaction was, what was in the cocktails they were serving the investors who thought getting in bed with JPop was such a wonderful pinball friendly idea to bring new money to the table and new machines to market? I mean, it was like topsy turvey land hand just taken over reality and white was black, up was down, and somebody had replaced my downtown brown with some sticky Thai stick from the 70’s, because obviously I was seeing things. Then I sat through the siminar and JPop actually showed up (which I thought was just pure fucking bravado) but what I saw were people who eat, drink, breath, and sleep pinball, because, well that is all they know. Was I excited? Not initially, and not yet, but there is something poking at me like a splinter in the mind, like, if by some strange twist of fate, this is the group who ultimately saves pinball... i don’t know if their collective pasts will add up to a positive or a negative overall for pinball, but from a deficit point of view, they started with their heads under water, and they got a lot of swimming yet to do to keep from drowning.

#23 2 years ago

What you are relying on is that JPop fully represented his liabilities to deeproot when they made that statement. I would think, seeing as JPops track record of honesty is, at best, shady, he didn’t come totally clean up front and after seeing your invoices, Robert may have determined how much he misspoke when communicating with you. Either way, JPop is not an asset to deeproot that is worth risking it all on IMO, but there may be those who disagree.

#30 2 years ago

I kind of think it is misplaced nostalgia for the WMS days of the 90's. That they can get costs back to the margins they worked with back then, where they all made a living wage and they lived on the reputation of the Bally/Williams name. So even their name implies how deep rooted they are in the past and how their past triumphs should equate to future ones using the same business model of yore. Hell I just think they are all broke looking for a steady paycheck, and you can't blame them for trying, but are they really the future of pinball or ghosts of it's past?

1 month later
    #55 1 year ago

TL;DR...
    People keep saying, “wait till you see what they are doing...” ok, with all the here-say and rumor that gets tossed around in the pinworld, and the only inkling of what people think might be coming is virtual reality pinball? How about virtual alternate reality?! People on here have already said that VR pinball is a nonstarter with most pin heads, so why keep beating this dead horse? What I would like to see from DR is some form of accelerated developement pipeline or process or automation that makes the idea go from the designers brain to finished product with the least amount of rework and redesign... Not sure DR is going to pull that off and use it to produce 5 machines “on demand” which is what I am expecting they are working on... a generic assembly line that is dynamic and can do multiple titles all at the same time. More than likely some form of removing a lot of the manual labor in favor of automation, or in favor of a totally different manufacturing process. If mums the word, and JPop is the key, just what paradigm shifting process are they working on? Sounds a lot like voodoo magic and smoke and mirrors without anything other than a friendly Trumpian “We’ll just have to wait and see...” as our reassurance they are going to grab the pin world by the pinballs. I wish them luck.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,599.00
    $ 27.50
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 91.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 59.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 64.00
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 107.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 43.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 235.00
    Boards
    RS Technologies
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 103.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 199.99
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside