New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 229502)

Deeproot, Zidware, and John Popaduik. Assets and Liabilities

By CoinTaker

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Concretehardt
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

96054A1F-1FD1-4435-A9A1-14AA2CB5C646 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 2.49.39 PM (resized).png
    giphy.gif

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I'm not so concerned they hired jpoop per se, although that is a head scratcher. The hyperbole and arrogance was my first warning signs that DR didn't know what they were getting into in general, then saying they were going to debut 5 games, at once, in a year. Ya... And here we are. But, they didn't take pre orders, so whatever. Hope the pull it together, competition is good!

Boy you said it all in one place there. I'm actually shocked there are some people still shocked. This whole thing smelled bad from the beginning. I do hope they get it together, but the whole thing reeks of inexperience and putting on a big show (er, big talk) to distract from the fact that they arent actually producing anything. (Yet?)

#52 1 year ago

Patience is a virtue folks. Not all goals are met. They had a big goal, realized they weren’t going to hit it, and then made a clear announcement to everyone about the delay. Just wait. Whether it’s May, or September of 2019 or possibly even January of 2020, once you see what they are offering and bringing to the table, it will be well worth the wait.

#53 1 year ago

I'm honestly surprised no one punched out JPop at the show he attended recently.

#54 1 year ago

But did someone get a good picture of his back?

#55 1 year ago

TL;DR...
    People keep saying, “wait till you see what they are doing...” ok, with all the here-say and rumor that gets tossed around in the pinworld, and the only inkling of what people think might be coming is virtual reality pinball? How about virtual alternate reality?! People on here have already said that VR pinball is a nonstarter with most pin heads, so why keep beating this dead horse? What I would like to see from DR is some form of accelerated developement pipeline or process or automation that makes the idea go from the designers brain to finished product with the least amount of rework and redesign... Not sure DR is going to pull that off and use it to produce 5 machines “on demand” which is what I am expecting they are working on... a generic assembly line that is dynamic and can do multiple titles all at the same time. More than likely some form of removing a lot of the manual labor in favor of automation, or in favor of a totally different manufacturing process. If mums the word, and JPop is the key, just what paradigm shifting process are they working on? Sounds a lot like voodoo magic and smoke and mirrors without anything other than a friendly Trumpian “We’ll just have to wait and see...” as our reassurance they are going to grab the pin world by the pinballs. I wish them luck.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Patience is a virtue folks. Not all goals are met. They had a big goal, realized they weren’t going to hit it, and then made a clear announcement to everyone about the delay. Just wait. Whether it’s May, or September of 2019 or possibly even January of 2020, once you see what they are offering and bringing to the table, it will be well worth the wait.

Ego + burning cash = DOA.

1 year later
    #57 4 months ago

I leave this here with no comment.

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 2.49.39 PM (resized).png
    #58 4 months ago

From the Linkedin profile:
    "Currently immersed exploring new ideas in brand development, social media, mobile learning, game design and technology enhanced learning.

Developing innovative applications and thoughtful experiential activities that keeps people engaged as they discover new ideas and explore the social world around them. The technology infused mobile space allows me to prototype software concepts from napkin sketch to final software design and product concept."

Wow.
    "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit." W. C. Fields

Interesting that he does not show employment at deeproot on Linkedin.

#59 4 months ago
    Quoted from doghouse:

I leave this here with no comment.

Congratulations are in "odor".

#60 4 months ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

"Currently immersed exploring new ideas in brand development, social media, mobile learning, game design and technology enhanced learning.

Developing innovative applications and thoughtful experiential activities that keeps people engaged as they discover new ideas and explore the social world around them. The technology infused mobile space allows me to prototype software concepts from napkin sketch to final software design and product concept."
    Wow.
    "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit." W. C. Fields

Deep Root is probably embarrassed. We all know they have the highest standards for their "colorful" staff.

#61 4 months ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Wow.

He probably was never an employee - he would have been a contractor, like how a lot of the designers appear to be nowadays. Lawlor may be an exception -

#62 4 months ago

Congrats JPOP your the most hated man in pinball!

96054A1F-1FD1-4435-A9A1-14AA2CB5C646 (resized).jpeg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 12.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 48.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 75.00
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Led
    B & K Mods
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 219.00
    $ 49.95
    $ 399.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Bent Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    $ 19.50
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 50.00
    $ 49.00
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside