11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Rarehero
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

giphy.gif

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 months ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I'm not so concerned they hired jpoop per se, although that is a head scratcher. The hyperbole and arrogance was my first warning signs that DR didn't know what they were getting into in general, then saying they were going to debut 5 games, at once, in a year. Ya... And here we are. But, they didn't take pre orders, so whatever. Hope the pull it together, competition is good!

Boy you said it all in one place there. I'm actually shocked there are some people still shocked. This whole thing smelled bad from the beginning. I do hope they get it together, but the whole thing reeks of inexperience and putting on a big show (er, big talk) to distract from the fact that they arent actually producing anything. (Yet?)

#52 9 months ago

Patience is a virtue folks. Not all goals are met. They had a big goal, realized they weren’t going to hit it, and then made a clear announcement to everyone about the delay. Just wait. Whether it’s May, or September of 2019 or possibly even January of 2020, once you see what they are offering and bringing to the table, it will be well worth the wait.

#53 9 months ago

I'm honestly surprised no one punched out JPop at the show he attended recently.

#54 9 months ago

But did someone get a good picture of his back?

#55 9 months ago

TL;DR...
    People keep saying, “wait till you see what they are doing...” ok, with all the here-say and rumor that gets tossed around in the pinworld, and the only inkling of what people think might be coming is virtual reality pinball? How about virtual alternate reality?! People on here have already said that VR pinball is a nonstarter with most pin heads, so why keep beating this dead horse? What I would like to see from DR is some form of accelerated developement pipeline or process or automation that makes the idea go from the designers brain to finished product with the least amount of rework and redesign... Not sure DR is going to pull that off and use it to produce 5 machines “on demand” which is what I am expecting they are working on... a generic assembly line that is dynamic and can do multiple titles all at the same time. More than likely some form of removing a lot of the manual labor in favor of automation, or in favor of a totally different manufacturing process. If mums the word, and JPop is the key, just what paradigm shifting process are they working on? Sounds a lot like voodoo magic and smoke and mirrors without anything other than a friendly Trumpian “We’ll just have to wait and see...” as our reassurance they are going to grab the pin world by the pinballs. I wish them luck.

#56 9 months ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Patience is a virtue folks. Not all goals are met. They had a big goal, realized they weren’t going to hit it, and then made a clear announcement to everyone about the delay. Just wait. Whether it’s May, or September of 2019 or possibly even January of 2020, once you see what they are offering and bringing to the table, it will be well worth the wait.

Ego + burning cash = DOA.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 8.95
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 6.50
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 28.00
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 999.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 315.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    liorillusion
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 64.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside