Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Squeakman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

expo (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

All,

Hoping someone will stream. Very interested in the reactions to Deeproot and specific people working for Deeproot.

Tim

#2 5 years ago

is that this expo or texas?

#3 5 years ago

Expo

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

is that this expo or texas?

This Expo was the 'talk' seminar. Texas next year should be the big revile with actual working games.

#7 5 years ago

Deeproot: Everything we are doing is super cool and awesome, has never been done before and we’ll do it better than everyone.
    Audience: but what are you doing?
    Deeproot: We can’t tell you but it is super cool and awesome.
    Audience: What games are you working on?
    Deeproot: We can’t tell you but they are super cool and awesome and we are the best.
    Audience: are you guys actually working on anything?
    Deeproot: just some super cool awesome things that we can’t tell you about.
    Audience: What did you guys have for lunch?
    Deeproot: Something super cool and awesome but it’s top secret.

Yeah, great seminar...

#8 5 years ago

There 1st game is...
    Super Secret Pinball Madness!

#9 5 years ago

For what it's worth I consider Steve Bowden a good friend of mine and I met Barry Oursler one year at Pintastic and consider him a friend as well. For them to move their life essentially and move where it's hotter than hell and have cacti instead of trees says a lot to me. Also I really like that artwork they showed off. Yeah Rob makes some crazy statements but just sit back and watch. I at least think it's going to be a great reveal at TPF.

Yes while Robert makes some crazy statements he reminds me A LOT, like A LOT, of the majority of bosses I have had. Probably you too reading this. They reach for the Moon, realize where the Earth and Moon are distance wise, get frustrated not at their unrealistic expectations but instead blame the employees and start the 60hr work weeks. It leads to employee burnout and people end up quitting. Then it just turns into this revolving door and people know about THAT company and warn their friends. Now the trick is for Robert to realize reality and to temper his expectations and if things don't go to his vision then to figure out why and not blame staff. Is it a way they do things inefficiently, poor suppliers for parts, employee training, etc? It's your employees that make your company succeed, not 1 guy calling all the shots. Does Heighway Pinball ring a bell to anybody with Andrews blinders on or JPOP?

Now I could be full of it and maybe they have figured this stuff out and that is GREAT! However the first game is always the hardest and that goes for anything in life but if they can pull it off, like Spooky did or American Pinball, then there is no doubt in my mind they will be a MAJOR player in the industry. We are still dealing with petty stuff like ghosting on playfields and people bitching about a hardened steel ball bearing crushing wood because a ball bearing doesn't cause damage smashing into stuff right? Robert mentioned that the playfields are indestructible. Could be a wood species combined with a proprietary clearcoat or better yet it's not wood eliminating many issues.

Anything is possible with a new set of eyes and how they approach making pinball. It's why we have LED's in games, LCD's, etc.

#10 5 years ago

I watched the seminar again, and it was painfully obvious that its a cluster fuck waiting to fail. Sorry, but over promising and under delivering is not the way to go about business particularly when you have a T.U.R.D. like JPoop on the deck looking as if he is part of the problem, not solution. He is still in his mind 'magical', and 'special', and brings to the table his 'vision.' HUGE mistake to have this guy on his panel of employees, helpers, or consultants. I don't blame Dennis for not letting that guy see a single thing he ever does. He's likely to steal it and call it his own, just like the money thing with MG.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

There 1st game is...
    Super Secret Pinball Madness!

When I first read this I thought it said "Super Secret Secret Squirrel. Now that would be a cool theme.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deeproot-reaction-from-pinball-expo-2018 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.