Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wolfemaaan
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F91C9C65-69C9-4B84-9A27-5CF1A000C1F9 (resized).jpeg
    94c56f02455353203f90bf94fd820db8e3425329 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Saw this on facebook posted by Knapp Arcade:

#3 5 years ago

Cool. I wanted something “Pinball” but the ending was solid.

#4 5 years ago

Art style looks cool. Levels of humor also seems like a pretty appealing amount. If that were the teaser trailer for the game (having never seen the layout), I'd be excited to see and play it. I have seen the Zidware era layout, but I'd curious to see what the Deeproot version looks like.

#5 5 years ago

I’ll be more impressed when DR actually has a pinball machine to look at.

#6 5 years ago

Looks nice

#7 5 years ago

Looks way cool to me! Now thats original and they clearly have some animation skill on board which is a good thing to see in pinball.

#8 5 years ago

I was in on this before, like to see this come to fruition.

#9 5 years ago

I hope they can wait tell end of year. Hoping for good things

#10 5 years ago

I hope that they will figure it all out and be able to deliver some games. Teaser video here was cool.

#11 5 years ago

Interesting aspect ratio. Seems like something you could stretch across the back of the pinball machine.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from raz0red:

Interesting aspect ratio. Seems like something you could stretch across the back of the pinball machine.

I was thinking that too, looking at the backbox (no screen there) and the height of the cabinets looks like the screen might be a really wide one in the back of the cab itself kind of like cv

94c56f02455353203f90bf94fd820db8e3425329 (resized).jpg94c56f02455353203f90bf94fd820db8e3425329 (resized).jpg
    #13 5 years ago

I think we've all seen teasers before, especially for Jpop's unfinished titles. Unless Deeproot starts actually showing some flipping games, I'm not going to get particularly excited about anything.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I think we've all seen teasers before, especially for Jpop's unfinished titles. Unless Deeproot starts actually showing some flipping games, I'm not going to get particularly excited about anything.

JJP POTC came in and has been a great pin and so is ACNC.

DP will come out with a bang and I for one am looking forward to it!

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

Looking at the backbox (no screen there) and the height of the cabinets the screen might be a wide one in the back of the cab.

The speakers are clearly in the lower left and right of the translites in that photo, so the display must be down on the playfield.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

The speakers are clearly in the lower left and right of the translites in that photo, so the display must be down on the playfield.

I expect that this is an old Zidware only photo and not the DP edition. Not sure why DP would have Zidware all over it.

#17 5 years ago

The video is great. I hope they can follow it up with some great gameplay.

#18 5 years ago

Are we at the point now where all Pinball has to have an LCD? Call outs, sound effects and fun factor are more important to me than a LCD. Deeproot has the potential to disrupt if they can produce the games on time, working code and something we've not seen before.

#19 5 years ago

Sure, the video is cool, but it doesn't speak reveal anything about the actual pinball machine.

#20 5 years ago

Lol, cool, a backstory. I like the way they think.

#21 5 years ago

Wow, that’s looks amazing! If the game is anything like the video, this company will destroy Stern, JJP, Spooky and APC.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Wow, that’s looks amazing! If the game is anything like that, this. Company will destroy Stern, JJP, Spooky and APC.

DeepHyperbole.

#23 5 years ago

Pre-orders?

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I’ll be more impressed when DR actually has a pinball machine to look at.

I'm flying out to TPF in March of 2019. I will let you guys know what all the DR games look like when I get back.

#25 5 years ago

Don’t. Just....don’t.

#26 5 years ago

I still think JPop should be in jail. And for a company to have him on staff and payroll is a major misstep. Then to actually release a game he was suppose to release to begin with is like stabbing original buyers that got swindled in the heart. With that said, If all original pre-orders are fulfilled...then we will talk. Until then deep root have an uphill battle with a moral and professional issue.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Wow, that’s looks amazing! If the game is anything like the video, this company will destroy Stern, JJP, Spooky and APC.

If I were stern, JJP, spooky etc I’d just fold up shop now and liquidate.

Clearly its all over.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If I were stern, JJP, spooky etc I’d just fold up shop now and liquidate.
    Clearly to all over.

First time I spit my beer reading a crazylevis post. For all the right reason.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from dnaman:

I expect that this is an old Zidware only photo and not the DP edition. Not sure why DP would have Zidware all over it.

The pic is old, I remember it from years ago.

#30 5 years ago

Looks Good.

#31 5 years ago

It's just a teaser, but the execution looks great. The animation looks excellent and the feel for the theme seems dead on. I'm not holding my breath for machine #1 being delivered, but I'm definitely more interested than before.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Are we at the point now where all Pinball has to have an LCD?

As opposed to what? A DMD or alphanumerics?

DMD more expensive than an LCD and still requires development, no real upside.

Alphanumeric displays will go over like a lead balloon now, and limit your code.

I think it’s pretty clear that LCD displays are here to stay. That doesn’t mean how they’re used is remotely explored yet though.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

I was thinking that too, looking at the backbox (no screen there) and the height of the cabinets looks like the screen might be a really wide one in the back of the cab itself kind of like cv[quoted image]

Awesomely Tall lower cabinet! Another pinball cabinet that looks like it may not fit in modern SUVs. I'd love to see the measurement of the back of the cab with no legs and the head folded down.

#34 5 years ago

From a storytelling aspect, it has a very ‘Plan 9 From Outer Space’ vibe. Looks like a lot of fun... zombies, aliens, radioactive amusement parks.

Tons of opportunities for a fun game.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

From a storytelling aspect, it has a very ‘Plan 9 From Outer Space’ vibe. Looks like a lot of fun... zombies, aliens, radioactive amusement parks.
    Tons of opportunities for a fun game.

A common refrain from some pinball people is “see, people say they want original themes, but then they don’t buy Dialed In or Oktoberfest or etc.” This to me is an example of an original theme that I’d be happy to buy (if it’s a good game). Aliens/Zombies/Amusement Park/Campy humor seems like a great idea for original IP.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I'm flying out to TPF in March of 2019. I will let you guys know what all the DR games look like when I get back.

Amusing they have one to play.

6 months later
    #37 4 years ago

RAZA in 20 days

http://deeprootpinball.com/

F91C9C65-69C9-4B84-9A27-5CF1A000C1F9 (resized).jpegF91C9C65-69C9-4B84-9A27-5CF1A000C1F9 (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deeproot-raza-video?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.