(Topic ID: 221901)

deeproot Job Posting - Technical Scripter

By deeproot

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Do you offer profit sharing or require mandatory drug testing? Also do you provide a company car and paid vacations?

I'd also be interested in your pension plan.

#5 5 years ago

I hope you get your guy then. I'm certainly not him.

I wouldn't want to interview a company that states what they want, but refuses to say what they are offering in return.

Good luck

#6 5 years ago

You wouldn't want me anyway. I have a habit of sleeping until noon.

#8 5 years ago

Here's the part that gets me--

Quoted from deeproot:

* No private messages or phone calls please.

Quoted from deeproot:

As per company policy, all discussions involving those topics would be private.

I'm not the guy for the job, but even if I was, I would be so turned off by this job posting, that I'd probably look to find another line of work.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

details about benefits and compensation are typically not discussed publicly.

Really?
    https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/careers/employee-perks.html

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Aren’t there any washed up 90s guys they can snag?

It would probably have to be somebody desperately in need of money and willing to take whatever they can get.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Can you give me specifics to any of those general "perks" listed on their website?

Make New Friends-
    Laugh and have fun with the great people you’ll be working shoulder to shoulder with.

#26 5 years ago

So, let me get this straight.

The OP of this thread chose to blatantly ignore the rules that the rest of pinside has to follow by not putting his ad in the marketplace where he would have the option to link it to a thread where both positive and negative feedback can be posted, and now that some have posted in regards to what seems like a couple of very arrogant posts, some of you have a problem with that?

Talk about peanut gallery!

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

If the position gets filled by this posting, does he also need to throw some cabbage Robin's way?

Depends on how pinside wants to enforce or interpret it's own rules I guess.

I'm wondering why the mods didn't just shut this one down when it started.

They are usually Johnny on the spot whenever anybody else does it.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

JJP had a similar posting a few years ago that was up for awhile.

That might have been before pinside started the new rule where all ads must be posted in the marketplace before a thread can be added.

Usually they are really quick to lock the thread when that happens and advise the OP.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I know you have an axe to grind here... but its not hard for the unbiased to realize the difference in approach to a JOB posting in a pinball community... vs selling product.

I have no axe to grind.

The dude could have posted his help wanted ad in the marketplace if he didn't want to respond to questions raised in a thread.

Which obviously he has no intention of doing.

But instead he's getting all these free bumps. So what's the problem?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deeproot-job-posting-technical-scripter?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.