Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mpdpvdpin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

failure (resized).jpg
    imagesewfge (resized).jpg
    Ec_logo_800 (resized).jpg
    Goonies (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

Community,

I thought it would be helpful to start a thread of 'Goonies.'

Tim

Goonies (resized).pngGoonies (resized).png
    #2 3 years ago

yeah, they're most certainly going to be able to get subsequent, licensed titles out on time, and maybe even before their first, unlicensed game that doesn't work properly.

#3 3 years ago

Anyone have a contact for the guys at Deeproot? I really want to connect to them if this is coming.

#4 3 years ago

You’ve got a better chance of getting hit by an meteor and struck by lightening at the same time.

#5 3 years ago

Goonies??? Possible you got it wrong.....
    Ec_logo_800 (resized).jpgEc_logo_800 (resized).jpg

#6 3 years ago

will it be produced before any of the six that were promise,,,, how long ago?

#7 3 years ago

Super confident in seeing this in 2021.

Oh wait, actually anyone who wants this license now gets to sit there knowing the license is being held (presumably) by a company that has taken 3 years to not produce their first run of games. Could that change tomorrow, sure, but it also could not.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

[quoted image]

Glad I'm not the only one that thought of Electric Company. We're gonna turn on the power!

#9 3 years ago

Goonies could be really cool. Classic theme. Hopefully they can start getting some games out the door.

imagesewfge (resized).jpgimagesewfge (resized).jpg
    #10 3 years ago

This game has to have Good Enough by Cindi Lauper!

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

Goonies could be really cool. Classic theme. Hopefully they can start getting some games out the door.
    [quoted image]

does throwing it on the curb count?

#12 3 years ago

I'd be in for one. But I need to see them put some games out first. No preorders for me.

#13 3 years ago

I'm interested, but only if they can find a way to slap some touch screens onto the legs and rails.

#14 3 years ago

It was leaked that they had this license over a year ago with a flyer dated TPF 2019.

The person who posted it was promptly asked pretty forcibly to remove the post, the subsequent posts/responses are in the thread.

Really isn’t a surprise they have this.

#15 3 years ago

It was a bad idea to let people start building up the perfect game in their head for the next couple years (could say the same for the rest of their theme ideas)

#16 3 years ago

I wish Deeproot the best of luck making this game.

My only advice would be bump it up the line - make it sooner rather than later!

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from fridgejam:

I wish Deeproot the best of luck making this game.
    My only advice would be bump it up the line - make it sooner rather than later!

I agree, the theme would sell for sure. I think it’s risky to try original theme as your first game built.

#18 3 years ago

Cool theme, but I wonder how many people under 40 would be interested enough in the theme to consider buying one

#19 3 years ago

It’s a good theme, but, at this point, I do t think it’s even worth talking about. DR just needs to get a pin completed, any pin. Unless they have a major surprise up their sleeve, we are years away from seeing a Goonies or any other licensed pin from them.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

It’s a good theme, but, at this point, I do t think it’s even worth talking about. DR just needs to get a pin completed, any pin. Unless they have a major surprise up their sleeve, we are years away from seeing a Goonies or any other licensed pin from them.

Not sure but if they are indeed so far away from making anything after all this time, have to wonder why investors keep throwing cash at them.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

It was a bad idea to let people start building up the perfect game in their head for the next couple years (could say the same for the rest of their theme ideas)

Not only that but it robs you of sales on earlier games. DR should focus on not only production of their first game but marketing it as well.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Not only that but it robs you of sales on earlier games. DR should focus on not only production of their first game but marketing it as well.

Agree. They should focus on 1 game only and get it out the door. You don't start a business by launching 7 new products at the same time when you haven't even launched 1. This allows you to implement learnings from the first product and make the next products even better. Happy to consult with them on product launch and marketing strategy. They know how to find me.

#23 3 years ago

This game is likely a year away. I would be interested in knowing the designer. Hopefully this would be a Barry Oursler game.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

[quoted image]

I thought that also

#25 3 years ago

Clever marketing & R and D idea if true. "Some are saying" Goonies so DR just sits back, watches what people want and incorporate some of that into a machine years later?
    If ever.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Clever marketing & R and D idea if true. "Some are saying" Goonies so DR just sits back, watches what people want and incorporate some of that into a machine years later?
    If ever.

There was talk back in late 2018 early 2019 that DR had the license already so if true not exactly sitting and waiting...we’ll maybe sitting and waiting to build I guess after all this weeks drama.

#27 3 years ago

add to the rumor thread, had the movie license for FAILURE to LAUNCH

failure (resized).jpgfailure (resized).jpg
    #28 3 years ago

I would be in but not holding my breath. Deeproot has a long way to go.

#29 3 years ago

I loved the movie, but moved on from it years ago. Something modern would be better. Still don't understand those wishing for Jaws or is that just a joke tag line?

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from cloggedDrain:

Cool theme, but I wonder how many people under 40 would be interested enough in the theme to consider buying one

If they enjoy Baby Ruth candy bar, they will

#31 3 years ago

I can't see this happening, a great movie but not enough meat on the bone to make a modern pinball game. Pinball makers should be looking at classic trilogies now, for plenty of content for a deep and interesting ruleset. Matrix, BTTF, Mad Max, Bill and Ted, Rambo..stuff like that. No one wants to play a game where you'll see and hear everything in one game. Trust me, you will with The Goonies.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

add to the rumor thread, had the movie license for FAILURE to LAUNCH
    [quoted image]

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I can't see this happening, a great movie but not enough meat on the bone to make a modern pinball game. Pinball makers should be looking at classic trilogies now, for plenty of content for a deep and interesting ruleset. Matrix, BTTF, Mad Max, Bill and Ted, Rambo..stuff like that. No one wants to play a game where you'll see and hear everything in one game. Trust me, you will with The Goonies.

Do you know who will be on the design team? Just wondering how you would know we will see it all and hear it all in one game

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wildbill327:

Do you know who will be on the design team? Just wondering how you would know we will see it all and hear it all in one game

I wonder who they have for a production team, or team leaders and trainers...

7 months later
    #35 2 years ago

Can anyone ACTUALLY confirm that Deeproot currently holds the license for Goonies?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deeproot-goonies-rumor-thread?hl=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.