Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skywalker
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rooted (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200804-125443_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tenor.gif
    2BA72D2C-17CC-4D70-850A-6EAF4C4EAF9F (resized).jpeg
    F46DD781-07DF-44F3-9611-C5253D6DE992 (resized).jpeg
    burnmoney (resized).jpg
    giphy (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-07-09-20-52-26-1 (resized).png
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

All,

So, Deeproot was going to announce games right before Texas Pinball Festival (March 2020). Today, we are now four (4) months post Texas Pinball Festival without any announcements at all. Stern has announced/released TNMT and American Pinball with Hot Wheels. P3 even announced Heist. Still, no news from Deeproot.

Question: What is happening at Deeproot?

Tim

#2 3 years ago

Just took this photo at the factory, been doing this for a while.

Screenshot_2020-07-09-20-52-26-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-07-09-20-52-26-1 (resized).png
    #3 3 years ago

I wouldn’t be shocked if they never end up releasing a game.

#4 3 years ago

Vaporware

#5 3 years ago

https://giphy.com/gifs/college-field-study-YJjvTqoRFgZaM

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png

They've been burning money for about 3 years, the past two has been at a rate (according to Robert) at about 750k/month. If you're Stern no problem, they build 50+ games a day. If you're deeproot, there's only so much money. This can't go on forever.

#6 3 years ago

Don't worry, JPOP has a long history of seeing things through to completion.

#7 3 years ago

LTG : )

burnmoney (resized).jpgburnmoney (resized).jpg
    #8 3 years ago

Building product is hard. I know from personal experience just how hard it is. But if they are burning $750k a month and, and they honestly have no release date, someone is not managing the endeavor very well. If I were the VC I’d start bringing in a different management team that can get the job done. Having JPOP on staff does not give one great confidence in a culture of expediency.

#9 3 years ago

There is already a thread with 8740 posts about nothing from Deeproot.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/175#post-5735148

If we start another thread about nothing from Deeproot we will have 2 threads about nothing from Deeproot. 2 times zero still equalls zero.

I feel for the people waiting for games. It does not matter how many times you multiply nothing, you always end up with nothing.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

There is already a thread with 8740 posts about nothing from Deeproot.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/175#post-5735148

If we start another thread about nothing from Deeproot we will have 2 threads about nothing from Deeproot. 2 times zero still equalls zero.

I agree. In before the lock.

#11 3 years ago
    F46DD781-07DF-44F3-9611-C5253D6DE992 (resized).jpegF46DD781-07DF-44F3-9611-C5253D6DE992 (resized).jpeg
    #12 3 years ago

I hope we hear something soon. I played RAZA last November, and it certainly had the beginnings of an amazing game..

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I hope we hear something soon. I played RAZA last November, and it certainly had the beginnings of an amazing game..

The animations on the display were awesome. The display could have been even better if it was double the height.

#15 3 years ago

Serious question. Could deeproot be intentionally set up for failure for some kind of financial reason?

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:Serious question. Could deeproot be intentionally set up for failure for some kind of financial reason?

Sort of a "Producers" type gambit? I like it!

#17 3 years ago
    2BA72D2C-17CC-4D70-850A-6EAF4C4EAF9F (resized).jpeg2BA72D2C-17CC-4D70-850A-6EAF4C4EAF9F (resized).jpeg
    #18 3 years ago

You "overheard" this? In a conversation outside your office window? In the grocery store? Loud cell phone conversation walking down the street?

#19 3 years ago

I'd be shocked if they did - and even if they did - where will the consumer trust be at that time?

#20 3 years ago
    tenor.giftenor.gif
    #21 3 years ago

Someone call Dennis Nordman up and get the scoop.

#22 3 years ago

Any company that spends 750k a month for a couple years and produces 0 product....
    Is certainly poorly run, and no one I would trust to buy from.
    This is just stupid.

#23 3 years ago

Imagine how their investors must feel.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Any company that spends 750k a month for a couple years and produces 0 product....
    This is just stupid.

It's either poorly run or one of the most genius money laundering operations of modern times. Marty Byrd would be envious.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

It's either poorly run or one of the most genius money laundering operations of modern times. Marty Byrd would be envious.

I see what you did there!

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

This is just stupid.

Believing that figure based on a pitch man bragging without fact is also .......... If he said he could fly and crap fruit loops would that be believable? Lol

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

And if the money gets flagged, you just clone the frozen assets using a pre-authorized access code, then redirect the deposit history in order to hide the inner bank transfer, you change the passcode twice so you can circumvent the automated security checks.

#28 3 years ago

Just tell them Pinbal is HARD... it takes millions of dollars in development to produce a product that costs $6-$10K and even then it may not get produced.....brilliant

#29 3 years ago

As each day passes , it's looking more and more and like a case of perineum....

#30 3 years ago

It's still not too late to get in on the ground floor, before sales explode and the value of their funds skyrocket.

https://deeprootfunds.com/

#31 3 years ago

Simply put - No chance. Zero.

#32 3 years ago

Remember, in 2019 they were to produce and deliver more machines than any other manufacturer has in a single year before.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It's still not too late to get in on the ground floor, before sales explode and the value of their funds skyrocket.
    https://deeprootfunds.com/

#34 3 years ago

How can you lose?

"The end result defines us: solid alternative investment funds that are designed to keep pace with or outperform traditional investments without taking on unnecessary, unpredictable risk."

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

How can you lose?
    "The end result defines us: solid alternative investment funds that are designed to keep pace with or outperform traditional investments without taking on unnecessary, unpredictable risk."

Pretty much.

Also some may or may not consider black face offensive. We don’t give a fuck.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also some may or may not consider black face offensive. We don’t give a fuck.

Like the Redskins renaming their team the Blackskins? That should make everybody happy.

#37 3 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #38 3 years ago

You mean that company that was going to do everything better, cheaper, and easier that no sane person thought would ever release a game?

#39 3 years ago

A Friend started a racing business to hide profits from his construction business, happens all the time. Pinball is a great business designed to take a loss on.

#40 3 years ago

Yay another nothing thread!

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Imagine how their investors must feel.

But didn't Robert say, "There are no investors, it's my money." Not sure what that's supposed to mean, when we know that the Deeproot-family of companies does have investors. Guess it's all a big money swapping shell game.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

But didn't Robert say, "There are no investors, it's my money."

He must be a very wealthy, eccentric hobbyist. Wouldn't be the first.

#43 3 years ago

Didn't Cary Hardy say in hes last vid he got a invite to DR

#44 3 years ago

I'm curious how many people have learned their lesson and won't send them payment for anything that they can't immediately inspect and load into the back of their car.

Doesn't seem like there will be many major shows this year. So even if they did say here it is for sale, you're making a big leap of faith that something worthwhile shows up at your door anytime soon.

#45 3 years ago

They went for some spectacular business model, instead of making one game and putting it out.

Pinball companies often appear to be mismanaged, well besides Stern, they make all the money.

3 weeks later
    #46 3 years ago

Any more news on deeproot? How long will it take before they start selling a game? My guess is not until 2021.

#47 3 years ago

My guess is not at all.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from monte_:

Any more news on deeproot? How long will it take before they start selling a game? My guess is not until 2021.

Yeah you missed it they are in full production and shipping 50 games a day.

#49 3 years ago

Since there is absolutely no news out of Deeproot to talk about, lets revisit some Deeproot greatest hits of the last few years.

RM: When boiled (or torn down) to its individual components, there is nothing hard or novel about pinball machines. The magic comes in balancing each of the individual components together to create a ‘production’ that is fun, engaging, and immersive. ‘Pinball is hard’ has become an excuse rather than a fact of development.

-----------------

TWIP: Are you concerned about over-promising and under-delivering?
    RM: LOL! No. Not at all. The bar is so low right now I think the bigger issue (for us) will be to continue to raise it after our launch.

RM: There is ample evidence of the amount of drama that this industry experienced over recent years. It is hard to believe that any current participant in this industry would be able to thrive in a more mature or competitive industry. I’ve built businesses and competed in multiple industries much more crowded and cutthroat than the pinball industry. That’s what makes doing pinball so easy for us.

-------------
    11/30/17
    TWIP: Do you have the capability, expertise, experience, and financial resources to manufacture pinball machines in large quantities?

dr: Sure. Why not?

-------------

TWIP: I ask this question because, as you know, in the last few years, this community has had several start up pinball companies not delivered what was promised, and several other startups that are having significant struggles in trying to manufacture pinball machines. It seems like nearly every company that has started since 2011 has had significant hurdles, significant delays, and in many cases had to be bailed out by bringing in additional investors. What makes deeproot different from the other startups?

dr: Unlike everyone else in the industry who shows off something shiny and then does the immediate take away, we simply are not going to tell everyone what we’re doing. When the masterpiece is ready, we will unveil it for everyone to enjoy. It is hard to believe that we (who arguably have more capitalization then all the other pinball participants combined and having accomplished the impossible in other industries) would not be able to find a way to do something as easy as pinball.

--------
    TWIP: Better quality machines than any other current manufacturers, including Stern and Jersey Jack?

dr: Quality is subjective. People typically don’t judge a Ferrari by the gas cap it uses. It’s equally difficult to judge a pinball manufacturer by a particular title. Or a range of titles. Each manufacturer will have its own style and product profile. While some people might currently think that JJP is better quality than Stern, it wasn’t always the case. Our view is this… what’s the point of making a Ferrari with Ferrari prices and Ferrari costs. Ferrari already does that. We would love to make a Ferrari with KIA prices and KIA costs. No offense to Ferrari or KIA in this example. At the end of the day it would be hard to imagine any existing pinball manufacturer able to compete with us on the deeproot perfect blend of product line, price, costs, and quality.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

...the deeproot perfect blend of product line, price, costs, and quality.

Well, they have no product line, no price, and therefore no quality...but at least they have costs...lots of costs.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deeproot-any-2020-machines?hl=theadicts77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.