(Topic ID: 246961)

Deep Thoughts...

By Floyd

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9D639435-805E-43B2-88D9-E2E26FB4F266 (resized).jpeg
    BD8F2BCA-5A40-40DF-8FEC-9A93D550D59C (resized).jpeg
    pinballcar (resized).jpg
    dtfb (resized).jpg
    0A7C3782-D28C-4B39-9808-92EDF5BC0B3E (resized).jpeg
    ogre.gif
    There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Folks, we live in the Day of distracted driving. Driving home from a work meeting today I nearly got into 5 accidents due to distracted people sitting behind the wheel of their car pretending to be driving responsibly. A person on their phone sitting at a intersection at a green light. A person playing on their phone in the left lane oblivious to the 10 cars behind them. It took me an addition 10 minutes to get home, and whole time I'm thinking about how distracted most people are, and how I'm going to have to factor this additional time into my schedule moving forward. This is only the beginning my friends. Trust me, I'm no saint. I'm guilty of this behavior as well, but seeing it today on a new higher level, I'm going to be more thoughtful about staying focused on driving and protecting myself and my passengers from all the other rockets on the road without pilots. Be careful out there!

#3 4 years ago

Good advice!

There is a perpetual state of distraction we live in now, with information coming from everywhere, and it’s not just phones. It’s 24/7 news, social media, jobs wanting us online all the time, and FOMO. I just got back from a week at a camp out in Maine. Very little cell service, no TVs no computers. It was awesome

#4 4 years ago

Scariest thing I've seen, a guy eating spaghetti on a plate, using both hands. While driving at over 60 MPH.

#5 4 years ago

I'm also getting rid of Direct TV today! Your right @rdoyle1978.. crap flying at your face 24/7 nowadays. I get stress out by it all. Unplugging is the only way out.

#6 4 years ago

But not unplugging from Pinside! Pinside can stay.. As long as everyone is nice

#7 4 years ago

I agree internet forum brethren and sisteren, we should all unplug and not be on the internet.

#8 4 years ago

This is aboot as shallow of a thought as possible

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

This is aboot as shallow of a thought as possible

Really? I have never before heard any ruminations on today's "smart phone" culture!

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Scariest thing I've seen, a guy eating spaghetti on a plate, using both hands. While driving at over 60 MPH.

bah, no biggie, cars practically (sometimes literally) drive themselves these days...kids with their power steering. Try learning to drive with no power steering, stick shift 3/4 ton p/u...in the snow...uphill. Punks. I could cook a spaghetti dinner while driving with these new fangled contraptions.

#11 4 years ago

As a pedestrian in Disney last month I got run over by a handicap scooter with occupant steering and using cell phone. Excuse me sir you need to pull over and take your call while
    not in motion. Keep safe for all those walking beside you.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really? I have never before heard any ruminations on today's "smart phone" culture!

I thought that was the basis for all the complaints about DI - or I guess you are being facetious.

#13 4 years ago

Deep Thought: Airline is food is bad, also the DMV sucks!

#14 4 years ago

Pickup truck driver in front of me was on his cell phone and was weaving from side to side in the middle lane of a three lane road. I got into the left lane as he changed into the far right lane. I wanted to honk at him about the cell phone, but a sedan pulled up between us and I didn't want the sedan driver to think I was honking at them. But when I looked over into the sedan I saw a girl driving it while using her rear view mirror to put on her mascara. Yeesh!

#15 4 years ago

Just be happy you got home alive.

It's scary out there.

LTG : )

#16 4 years ago

Were they all wearing Mom jeans?

#17 4 years ago

You can almost bet the the jackass in front of you doing 10mph under the speed limit is on the phone.

Or the one that doesn't move from the green light for 5 or 10 seconds. Because lights are for, you know, checking your messages.

#18 4 years ago

It’s really scary seeing so many people on a cell phone or doing whatever while
    behind a 3000+ pound machine. Motorcyclists I think have the most to lose- they could be excellent riders but all it’s takes is some idiot/assclown not paying attention which can easily cost them a leg or worse.

NY driving is the worst- include cellphones and it’s a more of a nightmare. Be safe and don’t drink/text/anything but drive.

#19 4 years ago

I received a collegiate degree in Communication. Whilst obtaining the degree, I saw hundreds of speeches. The most profound speech was from one of the head guys at the dmv that spoke about driving dangerously...complete with pictures. There were thousands in attendance, and there weren't many dry eyes when he was finished. It was incredibly unsettling.

He mentioned something that stuck with me: The dmv states that driving while using cell phones is the #1 cause of all accidents and fatalities...recently topping drunk driving.

That is insane.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I received a collegiate degree in Communication. Whilst obtaining the degree, I saw hundreds of speeches. The most profound speech was from one of the head guys at the dmv that spoke about driving dangerously...complete with pictures. There were thousands in attendance, and there weren't many dry eyes when he was finished. It was incredibly unsettling.
    He mentioned something that stuck with me: The dmv states that driving while using cell phones is the #1 cause of all accidents and fatalities...recently topping drunk driving.
    That is insane.

I've read studies that even hands free phone use causes distraction almost equal to drunk driving. Just what the mind is processing/imagining etc.

#21 4 years ago
    ogre.gifogre.gif
    #22 4 years ago

Deep Thought: There's no fucking way the Stones show in New Orleans happens on Sunday, hopefully I can reschedule our flights for another weekend.

#23 4 years ago

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy.

Any one remember those?

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Deep Thought: There's no fucking way the Stones show in New Orleans happens on Sunday, hopefully I can reschedule our flights for another weekend.

Shit that sucks! Did you get your new hotel room at the Superdome yet?

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Floyd:

I'm going to be more thoughtful about staying focused on driving and protecting myself and my passengers from all the other rockets on the road without pilots. Be careful out there!

Think driving requires attention? Most days I commute via bicycle in the DC area... from Virginia, across the DC line, and then over to Maryland. Some areas I'm separated from traffic, but the places that aren't offer an endless supply of buffoonery (and sometimes danger).

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#26 4 years ago

....Watching a Group of Young College Co-Eds, out together for dinner at Outback.
    No One talked. Everyone was on the phone. They texted each other across the table.

Will they Text through a relationship, and communicate through memes?

#27 4 years ago

booooooo

I thought this was a Jack Handy thread.

My favorite Deep Thought:

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror, like the passengers in his car.

Runner-up:

If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Shit that sucks! Did you get your new hotel room at the Superdome yet?

Lol no..

Here’s the front yard of my current assigned accommodations..

0A7C3782-D28C-4B39-9808-92EDF5BC0B3E (resized).jpeg0A7C3782-D28C-4B39-9808-92EDF5BC0B3E (resized).jpeg
    #29 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lol no..

Here’s the front yard of my current assigned accommodations..

just remember, it's always shallower than it looks. you're fine

#30 4 years ago

Deep thought... what's the best butthole paper to buy at the grocery store?

#31 4 years ago

I like to consider pinball people smarter than average. Good place for a deep thoughts forum..

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Not John Wayne toilet paper... I don't take shit off anyone!!

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Here’s the front yard of my current assigned accommodations..[quoted image]

Holy Shit!

Quoted from Floyd:

I like to consider pinball people smarter than average.

Ha POTW

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

New. Not worth the money you save getting the used.

LTG : )

#35 4 years ago

My favorite Jack Handey:

To me, clowns aren’t funny.
    In fact, they’re kind of scary.
    I’ve wondered where this started
    and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

#36 4 years ago

I wanted to say something, but I got nothing.

dtfb (resized).jpgdtfb (resized).jpg
    #37 4 years ago

So your saying other people's distracted driving distracts you?

#38 4 years ago

i always laugh my ass off when i see people holding their smart phones and talking while driving in newer vehicles with hands free bluetooth........

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Floyd:

Deep thoughts...

Just think about the Mariana Trench.

Hey, it doesn't get much deeper than that.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Floyd:

I'm also getting rid of Direct TV today! Your right rdoyle1978.. crap flying at your face 24/7 nowadays. I get stress out by it all. Unplugging is the only way out.

An excellent decision.

#41 4 years ago

Here’s a Deep thought... it took the universe only one trillionth of a second to go bang but it took you 45 minutes, an oven mit, and an industrial size bottle of Jergens to do the same thing last night...

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Here’s a Deep thought... it took the universe only one trillionth of a second to go bang but it took you 45 minutes, an oven mit, and an industrial size bottle of Jergens to do the same thing last night...

45 minutes?

#44 4 years ago

An oven mit?

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

45 minutes?

I guess we've been doing it all wrong...

#46 4 years ago

Oven mitt hmmm...buble where you a cook in the Navy by any chance?

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

humor is...not your strong point

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

humor is...not your strong point

I never claimed it was. But right now we have more “nothing” going on here on Pinside than anything else...

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Here’s the front yard of my current assigned accommodations..[quoted image]

Uff I just saw theat you're missing the US Wmone's team party in NY for this shit

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff I just saw theat you're missing the US Wmone's team party in NY for this shit

Nah I missed that cause as ICE predicted I suddenly remembered soccer sucks.

Not in NOLA yet plan was to fly there on Friday which certainly seems like a pipe dream. My friend runs a charming bed and breakfast in the Garden district and was putting us up for free so she sent me that pic.

Whole thing is a pain in the ass, but then whining about a potentially catastrophic storm ruining my tourist plans would be so very wrong!

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deep-thoughts?hl=welovescott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.