Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by hoby1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Bringing my wife to Expo for the first time tomorrow and want to show her a good time. She loves deep dish pizza, so I'm curious if anyone has recommendations for places near expo, maybe even locations that would deliver to the Westin. Anyone had particularly good experiences with deep dish pizza in Wheeling?

Thanks a bunch,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#2 10 years ago

Lou Malnatis in mt prospect I think that's the closest one

#3 10 years ago

Sorry I'm not sure they deliver. I didn't read the delivery part

#5 10 years ago

Thx Lloyd

#6 10 years ago

Giordanos in Buffalo Grove about 2-3 miles down lake cook rd.

http://giordanos.com/location/buffalo-grove/

#7 10 years ago

Lloyd, that's why so many people like you. You always take that extra minute to make things easier for someone else. I need to try to get better at that.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Lloyd, that's why so many people like you. You always to that extra minute to make things easier for someone else. I need to try to get better at that.

SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................... I'm hoping to get a slice when it's delivered.

LTG : )

#9 10 years ago

Giordanos > Lou Malnatis.

No comparison.

I don't think the Westin allows deliveries. I believe they want you to buy from their restaurants. You could go out, get your own, and bring it back in - but good luck finding vending if you want pop to go with it!

#10 10 years ago

Gino's east ohare phone # 773-444-2244

#11 10 years ago

Digiorno cooked slice by slice in your hotel room microwave.

Leave it with a note that says "gone to play pinball, enjoy".

#12 10 years ago

Lou Malntis is in buffalo grove. Very close and very good.

Love the sausage.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from kapper:

Love the sausage.

easy now.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Digiorno cooked slice by slice in your hotel room microwave.

No microwaves, but i've cooked hot dogs and grilled cheese sandwiches with the coffeemaker.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

No microwaves, but i've cooked hot dogs and grilled cheese sandwiches with the coffeemaker.

Sure...but no Michigan man is going to eat a Chicago dog...no thanks.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure...but no Michigan man is going to eat a Chicago dog...no thanks.

Speak for yourself! A Chicago dog is the best hotdog ever devised!

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Speak for yourself! A Chicago dog is the best hotdog ever devised!

Well..."Grayling" isn't exactly "Michigan." Just call it the U.P. and have done with it.
    A Hot Dog have 2 things; mustard & a bun (When you get to the level of buying B- games like DH you'll know this )
    A Coney has 4 things; a bun, chili, onions, mustard. <---Michigan.
    A Chicago dog has too many frakking things. Pickles, cucumbers, beef jerky...I don't even know; Gross!

I'll never deny their Pizza Pie though...the best there is.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

Giordanos > Lou Malnatis.
    No comparison.
    I don't think the Westin allows deliveries. I believe they want you to buy from their restaurants. You could go out, get your own, and bring it back in - but good luck finding vending if you want pop to go with it!

Sorry John but I wholeheartedly disagree.

Giordano's is what I consider stuffed pizza, not so much Chicago style deep-dish. Lou's rules, unless you can get into the city for Pequod's (or Morton Grove, where I grew up, home of the original Pequod's.)

Of course everyone has their own tastes... maybe what we need to do is buy about six different ones and then have a pot luck!

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from ZplumbSS7:

Gino's east ohare phone # 773-444-2244

+1

You have Chicago pizza and then you have THIS!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

+1
    You have Chicago pizza and then you have THIS!

Quoted from mrbillishere:

...unless you can get into the city for Pequod's!

#21 10 years ago

But Barron chime in on your dog Preference...you must have seen both.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well..."Grayling" isn't exactly "Michigan." Just call it the U.P. and have done with it.
    A Hot Dog have 2 things; mustard & a bun (When you get to the level of buying B- games like DH you'll know this )
    A Coney has 4 things; a bun, chili, onions, mustard. <---Michigan.
    A Chicago dog has too many frakking things. Pickles, cucumbers, beef jerky...I don't even know; Gross!
    I'll never deny their Pizza Pie though...the best there is.

French fries right on the dog. Don't ask for ketchup though... See you at the remodeled from the flood Gene & Jude's on Friday......

#23 10 years ago

I' ve seen pizza delivery guys at the Westin every year that Expo has been there.

#24 10 years ago

Ordered Giordano's and Malnati's from the Westin in 2011, both were fine, but I'll likely order Giordano's next time. Would love to try Gino's too.

But thanks to the Korn, there's no friggin' way I'll leave Chicago again without another visit to Pequod's. I'll stand in the cold rain out front of the Westin and flag down a ride in a mobile meth lab/tour van driven by the manager of a Spice Girls drag tribute act and their entourage to get back to that place. Now THAT's some pie!!

#25 10 years ago

Giordano's rocks

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

But Barron chime in on your dog Preference...you must have seen both.

See, I don't think that would be fair. I've been a vegetarian for 20 years. I don't think I can do the hot dog justice, but...

I grew up in Michigan, so I like ketchup and I like the coney. I also love the Chicago dog (sport peppers and Vienna relish, in particular; you can keep the tomato wedge). The whole 'no ketchup' thing is just incredibly stupid when you put a half of a fuggin' tomato on the dog anyways. That Gene and Jude's joint doesn't even have ketchup for their delicious french fries! That should be a crime.

#27 10 years ago

Not really the Chicago style deep dish pizza from Gino's, Giordano's or Lou's but Wapaghettis in Wheeling is some excellent, thick crust pizza.

IMO the best Chicago style is Gino's East; you're best bet would be to group up and find someone to drive and get some for you. All locations are roughly 30 minutes away from the Westin (although someone coming back from Pinball Life could hit the Lake Barrington location if they took the right route).

#28 10 years ago

The best Double Decker pizza hands down is in Waukegan, IL at Double D's Pizza.

I know it isn't a deep dish but this thing is awesome!

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

But thanks to the Korn, there's no friggin' way I'll leave Chicago again without another visit to Pequod's. I'll stand in the cold rain out front of the Westin and flag down a...

white cargo van with no seats?

#30 10 years ago

Lou's sucks. It is seriously some of the worst pizza I've ever tasted (and yes I grew up in Chicago). Gino's or Pequods or Giordanos is where you get the good deep dish from.

The hotel can't and won't prevent you from having food delivered there.

#31 10 years ago

IMO Giordanos is more like eating a lasagna

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deep-dish-pizza-delivery-to-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.