(Topic ID: 238294)

Deep Code Strategy vs Flipping Away for fun

By Hogey

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Deep Code Strategy vs Flipping Away for fun”

• I learn all of the rules and follow them to try to beat the game every time 4 votes
      21%
    • I just like flipping and having fun 3 votes
      16%
    • I do both depending on the amount of time I have to play 12 votes
      63%

(19 votes)

#1 5 years ago

This may have been covered before, if so I apologize. I hear a lot of discussion about shallow code and concerns with "depth" of games, etc. I admit I'm a flipper, not a strategist. When I get a new Stern or whatever, I may take a look at the ruleset on Pinside, but usually just jump in and play. I may try for certain modes because they are fun to complete or watch, but I don't try to beat the game all the time. High scores are fun and I enjoy getting them, but again, the journey is more fun to me than the destination. Ex. will be the new Munsters. I have a Prem on order and am anxious for the "fun" of the game more than "beating" the game.

Just curious what others think. I know, I know, another poll...just a brief one...

Thanks all.

#2 5 years ago

I am with you. I love my Star Wars Pro, but I cant figure out the rules, so I try to just pay attention what I instructed to hit next and enjoy the game. I used to understand Star Trek's pro rules, but even with that machine, I got like 2 levels in.
    We don't have to be pros to love the game.

#3 5 years ago

Depends on the game,, I still dont know all the rules and modes / shots on my GOTG and bought it new over a year ago, but Ive been playing Munsters since two of my buddies bought it, pro & LE.. and understood it right away, easy modes, shots.. went right though each mode to Munster Madness several times, then you start it over again. Also have Ghostbusters.. that I Still have never got to stay puff marshmellow man scene..

#4 5 years ago

I play the combo platter of flailing away
    to the best of my ability but then sometimes
    I go by the "rules".
    Pinball is supposed to be fun, have at it!
    vs
    What to go for first then what do I need?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deep-code-strategy-vs-flipping-away-for-fun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.