Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should Pinside have a dedicated sub forum for Arcade Video Games?”

• Yes! A sub forum for Arcade Games is a great compliment to an already awesome site 164 votes
      58%
    • I like arcade games but this IS a pinball forum so go over to KLOV and suck it 78 votes
      28%
    • No, go away and never speak of this again 39 votes
      14%

(281 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

blood_(resized).png
    DSC03552[1]_(resized).JPG
    IMG_5619_(resized).PNG
    IMG_5620_(resized).PNG
    460469-i_(resized).jpg
    462179-i_(resized).jpg
    462288-i_(resized).jpg
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-19_at_3.43.48_AM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-19_at_3.43.27_AM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-19_at_3.43.11_AM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-19_at_3.42.37_AM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-19_at_3.39.49_AM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-19_at_3.39.34_AM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-19_at_3.39.20_AM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-19_at_3.44.57_AM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-19_at_3.44.42_AM_(resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 8 years ago

I like all the arcade stuff new and old but don't see myself owning anything other than dmd pins. Old vids can rasily be emulated on my pc if I ever want to play one. Pins have so much more going on as a skill game and cannot be emulated. Vids can get old fast but I always love playing pins. I still get nostalgic with some vids so it would be cool to see what people are doing with them. I always dig seeing people take a busted, nasty old arcade game and Get it like new. Why not have a sub forum or two dedicated to vids? Where ever there are pins, there is usually vids.

#102 8 years ago
    Quoted from metahugh:

Namco unfortunately just recently halted development of new arcade games

No they didn't, that story was either mis-translated or totally bogus.
    http://arcadeheroes.com/2016/02/16/bandai-namco-not-halting-arcade-development/

#103 8 years ago

Theres a few that I want, I have a SuperSprint 3 wheel, would like a nice Tron Arcade and maybe a Satans Hollow and a Phoenix. I would like a sub forum, why not?

#104 8 years ago

Sub Forum seems like a no brainer, but it shouldn't go any further. Just like I feel there should be a gameroom sub forum as well. Video Arcades and Gamerooms are so closely linked to pinball. This site is about pinball first and foremost and should stay that way. You can't lose your identity and spread yourself too thin.

#105 8 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

I've been contributing to a "What arcade games do you own?" thread for awhile that got tossed in the basement. The basement is a free-for-all of every OFF TOPIC thread imaginable. I think this is really stupid as ARCADE and PINBALL go hand in hand. I have and restore both types of coin operated machines and think that arcade video games deserve a better place than at the bottom of a land fill. A lot of guys here own both and it would be nice to be able to have ARCADE stuff in one section for buying/selling, tech, restoration, etc. There are other sites that have this but they suck nards compared to Pinside. What do you guys think?

I vote no. I like Pacman, have done a few deals with him that went picture perfect, I 100% disagree with his banning, but I still vote no. KLOV has a pinball subforum and it averages less than 5 posts a day. I motioned to get rid of it a few years ago citing everyone uses Pinbside for pinball, but I was shut down. Like others have said, it's their site (Robin for Pinside, Greg for KLOV), they can do what they want.

But seriously, if you had a game to sell, or needed a part, or wanted some help, where would you go? If it was a pinball game, would you go to the KLOV sub-forum for pinball games? No way! If it was a video game, would you go to the Pinside video-game sub-forum? Again, no way.

KLOV does not suck nards, by any means. And neither does Pinside. I like them both, and both have good features that the other doesn't have. They do not need to cross over to each other. I wish Pacman was on KLOV, but I still vote no.

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
    [email protected]

#106 8 years ago

The layout here is pretty good, very readable. I say throw up "arcadeside.com" with the pinside software and see what happens.

A half-decent dedicated VM is like $50/month. I bet you'd see some migration over from that 90's era web design nonsense at KLOV.

#107 8 years ago

If anyone would like to see the process, I unlocked all my restoration photos on KLOV.
    http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=267221

#108 8 years ago

Thanks for bringing the pics back. I loved watching you rebuild these machines.

#109 8 years ago

That banned label is pretty harsh

#110 8 years ago

Well "Tombo" the biggest doosh mod at KLOV deleted all the new positive comments then locked the thread. See what I mean? He couldn't stand all the KLOV guys supporting me and calling him out for banning me.

I texted a few of my friends on KLOV, heres what they thought.

- Mod comment: Removed, let's try and keep the drama off Pinside, thanks -

#111 8 years ago

Now the KLOV mods closed ALL my threads so nobody can comment or benefit from my restorations over there.
    They also threatened to ban anybody who even mentions my user name.

#112 8 years ago

Hey Pacman. - I wasn't expecting that level of awesomeness - you've definitely got crazy skills, money, and time. Fantastic photos also...... truly off the charts work!

#113 8 years ago

Thanks!

Quoted from mountaingamer:

Hey Pacman. - I wasn't expecting that level of awesomeness - you've definitely got crazy skills, money, and time. Fantastic photos also...... truly off the charts work!

#114 8 years ago

PACMAN, did you have any of your games at Arcade Expo? The reason I ask is because they had a Chiller there and I've never seen one before!

#116 8 years ago

Nope, not this year. Maybe next year, i'm still finishing my games. Got about 30 to go.

Quoted from Cornelius:

PACMAN, did you have any of your games at Arcade Expo? He reason I ask is because they had a Chiller there and I've never seen one before!

#117 8 years ago

Credit where it's due.

Super amazing reproductions for sure.

#118 8 years ago

while we're at it, how about a change machine sub-forum? I prefer Rowe because that's what most of the arcades had
    DSC03552[1]_(resized).JPGDSC03552[1]_(resized).JPG

In all seriousness though, I don't have any vids, probably never will (unless I build a tabletop MAME) because that's space taken up. At the same time, growing up with arcades, I can appreciate people showing off their arcades and restorations of cabinets. I'd probably pop into some threads just to look through photos.

#119 8 years ago
    Quoted from phillymadison:

That banned label is pretty harsh

Quoted from PACMAN:

They also threatened to ban anybody who even mentions my user name.

I never heard this. Fizgig/PACMAN, your name is mentioned freely on KLOV w/o repercussion. While I don't support banning someone for life, Fizgig/PACMAN was often harsh/insulting/bullying with other collectors. The ban text was earned. Sharing disparaging insults about Tombo shows me you haven't changed.

Long time well respected arcade guys, Joe Magiera and Ken Layton see no need for redundancy. I agree. Even though I have issues with KLOV, I would not bother checking for vid stuff over here.

#121 8 years ago

The "cliques" exist on pretty much every forum out there, it is definitely not limited to KLOV.

#122 8 years ago

Be careful what happens here. It's easy to bag on klov and cast stones calling them names but really, name calling and all is no better behavior. This place has it's 'cliques' too to be sure.

It all depends on what you want to see. If you want to look at what someone with a bunch of money can do and put that person on a throne you're more than welcome to. BUT, don't think for a minute anyone is released from KLOV because of the good things they can do. People here called KLOV all kinds of names because they banned Kaneda. It took a year, but eventually Pinside realized why. Nothing to do with cliques. Sometimes people can do fantastic work, put insane investments into things, but they can be toxic at the same time.

Posting screenshots of chats of people talking trash about other people while censoring your own words should raise some flags as to why things happened in this case over there. Just be careful in your decisions and look beyond the flashy things a little money can do.

#123 8 years ago

Little "clicks" are the worst.

#124 8 years ago

I have to admit that Fizgig/Pacman has some serious dough to be able to afford to pay people to reproduce games for him.

They're quite beautiful... though I wonder what kind of satisfaction they bring knowing that someone else did most the work and all...I guess if you come from the "player" or "collector" mindset rather than a "restorer", it doesn't matter.

#125 8 years ago
    Quoted from FrizzleFried:

I have to admit that Fizgig/Pacman has some serious dough to be able to afford to pay people to reproduce games for him.
    They're quite beautiful... though I wonder what kind of satisfaction they bring knowing that someone else did most the work and all...I guess if you come from the "player" or "collector" mindset rather than a "restorer", it doesn't matter.

Someone with that short of a temper and an inability to tolerate alternate views is surely self employed.

#126 8 years ago

- removed -
    Oh and none of you have ever been to my shop to see how I restore these games so how do you know how or what I do? Oh yeah, you don't. But keep talking out of your ignorant butts

#127 8 years ago

Holy crap. Check this thread a few days later (I'm in favor of arcade subforum) and it's now Bloodsport.

Nothing wrong with KLOV, but the interface is horrible and while there's some overlapping with Pinsiders, a lot of us are more comfortable asking people here because we have a relationship with each other as being pin(side) junkies.

Could be helpful.

blood_(resized).pngblood_(resized).png

#128 8 years ago

Seems Fiz has a hard time getting along most places he goes. How in the hell do you get banned from Google Groups? Holy smokes...

#129 8 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

Ha ha. Pinside guys were right, the smell of blood in the water brought the stink of KLOV to Pinside. Same good ol boys, FizzleDried, Z3K3, game stencils, pin factory - dicks on KLOV and dicks here.
    Oh and none of you have ever been to my shop to see how I restore these games so how do you know how or what I do? Oh yeah, you don't. But keep talking out of your ignorant butts

Somehow I feel this poll trending towards a NO....

#131 8 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

Based on this post, I would have to say NO - keep the video games off pinside! Otherwise all these awful people will migrate over!

Hello!!!!!!!

#132 8 years ago

Thread locked per request from the OP.

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dedicated-video-arcade-sub-forum-vote-now/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.