(Topic ID: 323156)

Pinball Bucket List - Lets Help Complete It (RIP Bo/GoldenBeard)

By GoldenBeard

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 376 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 60 days ago by Happy81724
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many pins can you reasonably fit in your home?”

• 1-5 12 votes
      25%
    • 5-10 14 votes
      29%
    • 10+ 22 votes
      46%

(48 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    667E7CE7-5268-40DB-8D0B-010EA1E37D63 (resized).png
    PXL_20240104_030341896 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240104_030401545.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240104_030426584 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240104_030408220 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240104_030440148 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240105_111051192.MP (resized).jpg
    IMG_7390 (resized).jpeg
    IMG20240105193121.jpg
    IMG20231227225353.jpg
    IMG20231227225204.jpg
    IMG20231227225150.jpg
    IMG20231227225215.jpg
    IMG20231227225032.jpg
    IMG_20231227_194207.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 376 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
    #51 1 year ago

I just heard my first, "It's a bobby dazzler!" of the year.

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

My spouse is on Folfirinox for the same cancer. Friday is cycle 5 / week 10 and this chemo (likely the same as the chemo you are on) can work extremely well. My spouse’s cancer symptoms diminished after the second cycle and disappeared after the fourth.
    There’s a good chance that you’ll respond well to chemo and become eligible for surgery and get rid of that cancer!!!

Oh man I’m so sorry he’s going through this too. Wouldn’t wish any of this on anyone. Not sure if he has the cold sensitivity stuff or neuropathy but that’s the worst part of that particular chemo. My wife has been giving me magnesium and it seems to help right out of the gate this time.

Once again sucks he’s going through it but I’m happy there’s progress! The ‘sports player’ in me is superstitious and it’s just so hard to be hopeful. Definitely keep me posted on progress. Not sure what I can do to help but if you guys ever need anything or anyone to talk to reach out!

Sending positive energy your way

#53 1 year ago

Keep up the good fight my friend !
    LTG : )

#54 1 year ago

On a side note related to original post… I know have a Deadpool and Rob Zombie in the collection!!!

Not just to convince my wife not to kill me when I buy one more hahahaha.

I’m trying to muster up the energy to finish installing all of my mods. But I just end up playing instead haha

#55 1 year ago

So the three left in the list I’m def looking at

-R&M
    -Wonka
    -Oktoberfest

It’s def hard to pass on Oktoberfest with it being available NIB and the price.

Ponying up for R&M is a tough pill to swallow on a ‘used’ pin. And I feel like I saw a lot of problems with Wonka at one point but it would still be nice to snag NIB, just something about unboxing and setting up and it being mine that feels good

#56 1 year ago

Lots of distributors rent games, good way to sample a lot of titles at home w/o buying.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

So the three left in the list I’m def looking at
    -R&M
    -Wonka
    -Oktoberfest
    It’s def hard to pass on Oktoberfest with it being available NIB and the price.
    Ponying up for R&M is a tough pill to swallow on a ‘used’ pin. And I feel like I saw a lot of problems with Wonka at one point but it would still be nice to snag NIB, just something about unboxing and setting up and it being mine that feels good

Wonka is a fun one and I think the entire LE package from the way the game is packaged and presented is pretty impressive. If you can grab a game from one of the later runs, the last one ideally, you should be good to go. Automated (Pinballs.com) sites still shows Wonka LE’s in stock but at a bit of a markup of $12k. Their games are likely from the final run. Hope you are doing well!

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Oh man I’m so sorry he’s going through this too. Wouldn’t wish any of this on anyone. Not sure if he has the cold sensitivity stuff or neuropathy but that’s the worst part of that particular chemo. My wife has been giving me magnesium and it seems to help right out of the gate this time.
    Once again sucks he’s going through it but I’m happy there’s progress! The ‘sports player’ in me is superstitious and it’s just so hard to be hopeful. Definitely keep me posted on progress. Not sure what I can do to help but if you guys ever need anything or anyone to talk to reach out!
    Sending positive energy your way

Thank you!!! Sending positive energy your way too!!!

#59 1 year ago

I am sorry to hear about your health issues. I truly wish you and your loved ones the best.

I don't know what your current health situation is, but here is what I would do were I having major health issues:

Prioritize your time to be with loved ones
    and find meaningful ways to share fun times with them (hopefully pinball!)

I would seek out friends and family with arcades/games to play in first, and then places on location second.

If you are in a situation where you can't travel or go to locations, only then would I consider buying. However, if your health is in such a situation that you may not live much longer, you should consider how the funds of buying a pinball and the added stress of your family having to potentially sell it afterwards would effect the situation. It would give me serious pause for concern.

If you are still gung ho about getting one, Deadpool is the easy answer. I would recommend Rick and Morty as a back up.

Edit:. I just saw your post above. Definitely get Rick and Morty. The only way I would consider Oktoberfest would be if that box opening moment would surpass all time potentially played on the game (since I would consider R&M FAR superior to Oktoberfest)

#60 1 year ago

Thanks for the input. I’m def managing my finances. And god forbid I die they better not touch my machines because they won’t need to. Post is about buying pinballs. And having fun. Just to clarify. If I wanted a real financial strain I’d just buy everything and make them move it for me and yell at everyone hahahaha. I’ve got cancer, no one can tell me no. Lol

I want a place for my family to hangout and enjoy the miserable Ohio winters and have fun.

Currently working on a sliding system with a go pro mount to live stream the playfields on a TV, and that same TV to have leaderboards for the stern connected games.

…..back to finances for a second, if anyone wants to donate R&M, Oktoberfest and Wonka, have at it! I’ll even let you come play whenever you want.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I am sorry to hear about your health issues. I truly wish you and your loved ones the best.
    I don't know what your current health situation is, but here is what I would do were I having major health issues:
    Prioritize your time to be with loved ones
    and find meaningful ways to share fun times with them (hopefully pinball!)
    I would seek out friends and family with arcades/games to play in first, and then places on location second.
    If you are in a situation where you can't travel or go to locations, only then would I consider buying. However, if your health is in such a situation that you may not live much longer, you should consider how the funds of buying a pinball and the added stress of your family having to potentially sell it afterwards would effect the situation. It would give me serious pause for concern.
    If you are still gung ho about getting one, Deadpool is the easy answer. I would recommend Rick and Morty as a back up.
    Edit:. I just saw your post above. Definitely get Rick and Morty. The only way I would consider Oktoberfest would be if that box opening moment would surpass all time potentially played on the game (since I would consider R&M FAR superior to Oktoberfest)

I see you have a GB and T2 in your collection, looking to sell them? My wife wants GB but has said for a few years now she’s truly waiting for someone to come out with BTTF and we’ll get a LE of that.

#62 1 year ago

I'd vote Wonka. It is a fun game and different themed than the others to add variety. Pinball really brings family together

I'll be praying for you and your family. I'll pray for healing as well as peace. I've seen God do some great things during my lifetime. But whether He chooses to heal or not, the greatest thing He does for us is save us from sin and the fear of death. I would like to recommend that if you don't know Jesus personally, that you would take the time to seek Him. He can give you peace now and forever no matter what is to come. Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk.

7 months later
    #64 9 months ago

Well… yes. I’m still alive!! Still waiting on one final test to officially say this but at the moment, I’m cancer free!!

Had my Whipple procedure on 4/20 (weed day baby) and prior to that I qualified for an experimental trial with focused radiation after completing chemo.
    -Part of my intestines removed
    -Part of my stomach removed
    -Part of my biliary ducts removed
    -Part of my pancreas removed
    -Veins/Arteries reconstructed or removed
    -Spleen removed due to possible bursting
    I’m sure there’s something I missed.

It was a 14 hour long surgery. Just got my last tube taken out yesterday.

My SMA, where the cancer was an what made it inoperable, survived surgery. But about a month ago something felt ‘off’ with me. Still not sure why I did it but I went in to the ER and my SMA was rupturing and they performed emergency surgery to save my life. No one knows why I went in including myself. But hey, I did. Someone or something nudged me in there.

I’ve lost about 150 lbs in the last 1.5 years now. Body won’t absorb nutrients or fat all the way currently and hoping to start some experimental IV process.

Current lineup for arcades/pinball:
    -AC/DC premium 2012
    -Munsters Color Premium
    -Deadpool Pro
    -Rick & Morty BSE
    -Alien LV
    -Golden Tee
    -Big Buck Hunter

My goal is to make the Big Buck Hunter world championship and compete in Chicago this fall. Haven’t played since my surgery due to health but I’m still ranked in the top 100.

It’s been a hell of a ride. I was supposed to be gone by last Christmas. Hoping to continue to soak up what I can and be happy. There’s not very much information out there on what happens next for a 33 year old. So everyone is kind of just guessing in my opinion. I know I need to put on a little weight and stay active. Def wouldn’t be here without all the love and support from not only family and friends, but also friends I’ve met along the way in the pinball community and in general.

Hoping to get back to work next month, been a year since I’ve worked. And also hoping to finalize our non profit where we can give younger kids video games, board games, etc to help them and some money and care packages for their families.

That about sums it up. If anyone is looking for any type of support, please do not hesitate to reach out. I don’t have any profound wisdom, but life has been drastically altered in such a short period of time.

Love you all

#65 9 months ago

PS… still saving the final dollars needed to finish paying off my scooby, and hoping pulp fiction comes later this year, pre ordered the max mother flipper edition! I decided to buy big buck hunter just prior to paying off scooby and heading into surgery. Man is that game fun

#66 9 months ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Well… yes. I’m still alive!! Still waiting on one final test to officially say this but at the moment, I’m cancer free!!
    Had my Whipple procedure on 4/20 (weed day baby) and prior to that I qualified for an experimental trial with focused radiation after completing chemo.
    -Part of my intestines removed
    -Part of my stomach removed
    -Part of my biliary ducts removed
    -Part of my pancreas removed
    -Veins/Arteries reconstructed or removed
    -Spleen removed due to possible bursting
    I’m sure there’s something I missed.
    It was a 14 hour long surgery. Just got my last tube taken out yesterday.
    My SMA, where the cancer was an what made it inoperable, survived surgery. But about a month ago something felt ‘off’ with me. Still not sure why I did it but I went in to the ER and my SMA was rupturing and they performed emergency surgery to save my life. No one knows why I went in including myself. But hey, I did. Someone or something nudged me in there.
    I’ve lost about 150 lbs in the last 1.5 years now. Body won’t absorb nutrients or fat all the way currently and hoping to start some experimental IV process.
    Current lineup for arcades/pinball:
    -AC/DC premium 2012
    -Munsters Color Premium
    -Deadpool Pro
    -Rick & Morty BSE
    -Alien LV
    -Golden Tee
    -Big Buck Hunter
    My goal is to make the Big Buck Hunter world championship and compete in Chicago this fall. Haven’t played since my surgery due to health but I’m still ranked in the top 100.
    It’s been a hell of a ride. I was supposed to be gone by last Christmas. Hoping to continue to soak up what I can and be happy. There’s not very much information out there on what happens next for a 33 year old. So everyone is kind of just guessing in my opinion. I know I need to put on a little weight and stay active. Def wouldn’t be here without all the love and support from not only family and friends, but also friends I’ve met along the way in the pinball community and in general.
    Hoping to get back to work next month, been a year since I’ve worked. And also hoping to finalize our non profit where we can give younger kids video games, board games, etc to help them and some money and care packages for their families.
    That about sums it up. If anyone is looking for any type of support, please do not hesitate to reach out. I don’t have any profound wisdom, but life has been drastically altered in such a short period of time.
    Love you all

You are a beast. Hoping for a speedy recovery and more pinball in your future!

#67 9 months ago

Awesome news! Way to hang in there!

#68 9 months ago

Great news ! Keep it up !
    LTG : )

#69 9 months ago

Don’t ever lose your thirst to live life.

Some really fantastic news!

Definitely saying a prayer for you tomorrow at church.

4 months later
    #70 5 months ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

PS… still saving the final dollars needed to finish paying off my scooby, and hoping pulp fiction comes later this year, pre ordered the max mother flipper edition! I decided to buy big buck hunter just prior to paying off scooby and heading into surgery. Man is that game fun

Any updates on you these days?

#71 5 months ago

I lost my mother to pancreatic cancer. One day she turned orange, diagnosed and given 6 months or a non-guaranteed whipple surgery chance. A lot of people die on the table and they truly don't know if the surgery can be completed until they open you up. Hers was a success, the DR said, "She's cancer free". Took 9 days before her stomach came back online. What a MIRACLE .... until it wasn't. The Dr. lied. Later learning that there are micro cells which are impossible to remove with surgery and if the cancer makes it into the lymph nodes you're really in for a fight. The marker test showed elevated and a PET scan showed cancer. She started chemo, her scores started to drop and after almost 1.5 years later of fighting she not only beat the statistics but went into remission! And 2 months later the fucking cancer came back with a vengeance. Spread to her brain and looked like someone threw sand into her skull. She was taken home where she died about two weeks later. Out of the 4 people in my family I was my mothers support system. My then wife got cancer and thankfully her kind was rare, and encapsulated and surgery DID cure her. (I was her support system). And then my father died 7 years later of lung cancer - and out of the 3 people he had to choose from once again I became the support system.
    When Deadpool said is absolutely true. Cancer is a shit show and what it does to those you leave behind is indescribable. I hope the OP is still with us and I hope he realizes that everyone who loves him was at the same time fighting a battle of their own. Sometimes the "comforter" needs comforting.

#72 5 months ago

Hey GoldenBeard hope you’re still kicking cancers ass! You got an update for us? (Health and pin line up)

#73 4 months ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

I lost my mother to pancreatic cancer. One day she turned orange, diagnosed and given 6 months or a non-guaranteed whipple surgery chance. A lot of people die on the table and they truly don't know if the surgery can be completed until they open you up. Hers was a success, the DR said, "She's cancer free". Took 9 days before her stomach came back online. What a MIRACLE .... until it wasn't. The Dr. lied. Later learning that there are micro cells which are impossible to remove with surgery and if the cancer makes it into the lymph nodes you're really in for a fight. The marker test showed elevated and a PET scan showed cancer. She started chemo, her scores started to drop and after almost 1.5 years later of fighting she not only beat the statistics but went into remission! And 2 months later the fucking cancer came back with a vengeance. Spread to her brain and looked like someone threw sand into her skull. She was taken home where she died about two weeks later. Out of the 4 people in my family I was my mothers support system. My then wife got cancer and thankfully her kind was rare, and encapsulated and surgery DID cure her. (I was her support system). And then my father died 7 years later of lung cancer - and out of the 3 people he had to choose from once again I became the support system.
    When Deadpool said is absolutely true. Cancer is a shit show and what it does to those you leave behind is indescribable. I hope the OP is still with us and I hope he realizes that everyone who loves him was at the same time fighting a battle of their own. Sometimes the "comforter" needs comforting.

First off, sucks you went through what you did.

Second, this is depressing as fuuuuuck. Haha

#74 4 months ago

Short health update:

Had my surgery in April, removed a bunch of stuff. Partial pancreas, partial stomach, partial intestines, gullbladder, lymph nodes, dewired some arteries and veins and my spleen almost exploded so they took that too. 17+ hour surgery

Home after 1 week, don’t really remember very much for the first 6 months, just some good hits and pieces.

My SMA (main artery) was what originally made it inoperable. A few months in something didn’t feel right and I said screw it and went to the hospital. Which is unlike me, I hate going there. I made it just in time as they cut it rupturing and fixed it. Probably the worst pain I’ve ever felt was that.

Currently on food supplement that goes into my bloodstream as I’m having a hard time with calories and absorbing shit. Can’t put on weight but I feel like I’m finally healing. Still a lot of aches and pains.

Nobody can really give me any news on ‘whats next’ just that I need to make it a full 12 months. I have a follow up in a few weeks for more scans and blood work but as of a few months ago I’m cancer negative or whatever they call it, so they think I’m cancer free.

PS… never rang the chemo or radiation bell when I completed my cycles, not sure I want to at this point. I want to stay far far far away from there. Radiation and chemo were miserable

PSS… 95% of people that work in healthcare are incredibly nice and I couldn’t have made it this far without them. But man there are some terrible people out there as well. I feel bad for those that can’t advocate for themselves.

#75 4 months ago

Pin update:
    Alien LV
    Rick & Morty
    Deadpool
    Munsters
    AC/DC (first model)

(Scooby hopefully be here soon, Badmother edition Pulp Fiction pre ordered as well)

All-one-arcade
    Golden tee
    Big buck hunter (making the top 100 was my rehab goal, and I did! Chose not to go to championship for many reasons and happy I stayed home, although I wanted to go so bad, trying to keep healing and stay healthy)

#76 4 months ago

Life update:

There are some incredible people I’ve met on my journey including some on those site. I am forever grateful for the relationships I have.

I’ve spent the last year or so reflecting a lot on how I lived my life, who I let in, etc. Sadly there are a lot of people that have walked out of my life as I’ve prioritized some things. Mainly the relationships that I’ve lost that hurt the most are the ones where I feel I put all the effort in, they haven’t reached out to see how I’m doing or just stopped by.

It’s crazy how people are all effected differently, but one thing is consistent, a lot of people will cry and be sad in the beginning, but will quickly retreat and it leaves a feeling of ‘out of sight out of mind’ it’s very hard to explain. But hey, I get it.

Trying to make some money again, which isn’t going too well as I still can’t really work but I’m trying. It’s nice to have money, but also I’m sick of staring at the wall all day. I know I know, I can sell my pinball machines, I have sold a few but overall I’m still keeping what I really enjoy. And I am trying to declutter a lot of other things in my life.

My wife and I are actively working on starting a new business along with a nonprofit to help some local children with their healthcare battles. We plan on helping financially a little bit as well as giving the kids something ‘fun’. Like a Nintendo Switch, or gaming computer, something to take their mind off what they are going through.

Hoping to be around for a long time. I love watching my son grow up (now is 2.5). One silver lining in this whole thing is that I’ve been able to just hangout with him, and watch him grow, soak it all in instead of going through the motions.

At the end of the day I’ve said from the very beginning, right after they said I had 2 months to live (I’ve been alive 11 months longer than I’m supposed to already) that I’ll do whatever I have to for 5 years. I want at least 5 years and I’m hoping if I can stay cancer free and stay active, I’ll be able to do that.

Thanks for those that care or who have reached out. And thanks for letting me vent a little bit as well. Love you all!

#77 4 months ago

DP my friend...Right now concentrate on getting better...Best of luck to you! God Bless and I am praying for you my friend!!!

#78 4 months ago

I know that feeling of losing touch with friends/family
    Glad that your wife has stuck by your side

#79 4 months ago

Just read your story. You keep hanging in there. My dad was diagnosed at 72 back in 2015 with Stage 4 and surgery wasn't an option. MD Anderson wouldn't take him as a transfer from Michigan so we went with Memorial Hermann here in Houston (my folks had planned to move down here before the diagnosis hit). He was on Fluorouracil (5FU) with Neupogen for the white counts and got 9 hours twice a week along with a port pump the next day followed with the Neupogen every other week. I asked the docs for any nutritional advice and they gave none. Literally said, whatever he can hold down. What?!? That's the plan??? So before he started the chemo, I started him on high calorie shakes made with a Vitamix. Basically threw in weight gainer powder, peanut butter, different healthy oils, eggs...vitamins...blended that all up and I think it came to about 2500 calories a shake and tasted like a Reese's peanut butter cups. Needless to say he put on about 15 pounds before the chemo and was able to tolerate it without much weight loss or issue aside from some Chemo brain and neuropathy in his fingers. He got his indicators down to 0 and was basically free of it. He went on for another 2 years and then another completely different cancer got him in the end. Moral of the story, you are way ahead of the curve, and are a survivor. Not many get the surgery option. Keep fighting the good fight!

1 week later
    #80 4 months ago

Well, bad news. Partially venting as I need to type this out. I’m officially labeled as terminal. Cancer seems to have spread to quite a few new areas and now I’m at the stage of quality of life vs. using drugs to slow down cancer, and inevitably going on hospice. Could be as soon as a few months or up to a year. They aren’t 100% sure (super complicated long explanation). I’m sure I’ll be on here as I try to organize and partially complete my man cave. This community has been so accepting and I’ve been able form some incredible connections.

If I had any advice from my newfound wisdom… We’re all going to die eventually, some sooner than others. We spend our whole adult lives working to have nice things and to eventually retire, I had a plan to retire by the time I was 50. I turn 34 this Christmas… I’m still 16 years away. Take some time out of your busy life as much as you can to just soak everything up. Be in the moment, live in a place that gives you and your loved ones happiness. If there’s one positive to come from everything I’ve been through, it’s that I know if I was living a ‘normal’ life I wouldn’t have slowed down to soak up all the precious memories with my wife and our son. I’ll forever be grateful for both of them, they truly have given me happiness.

Going to try my best to stick around and be a pain in the ass as long as I can.

Love you all

PS…. Willing to buy a Munsters topper at a premium as my wife and I agreed a long time ago that pin will never leave our house, and I’d really like to complete the look.

#81 4 months ago

Hang in there Beard, sorry about your situation. Keep banging those balls around as long as you can.

#82 4 months ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Well, bad news. Partially venting as I need to type this out. I’m officially labeled as terminal. Cancer seems to have spread to quite a few new areas and now I’m at the stage of quality of life vs. using drugs to slow down cancer, and inevitably going on hospice. Could be as soon as a few months or up to a year. They aren’t 100% sure (super complicated long explanation). I’m sure I’ll be on here as I try to organize and partially complete my man cave. This community has been so accepting and I’ve been able form some incredible connections.
    If I had any advice from my newfound wisdom… We’re all going to die eventually, some sooner than others. We spend our whole adult lives working to have nice things and to eventually retire, I had a plan to retire by the time I was 50. I turn 34 this Christmas… I’m still 16 years away. Take some time out of your busy life as much as you can to just soak everything up. Be in the moment, live in a place that gives you and your loved ones happiness. If there’s one positive to come from everything I’ve been through, it’s that I know if I was living a ‘normal’ life I wouldn’t have slowed down to soak up all the precious memories with my wife and our son. I’ll forever be grateful for both of them, they truly have given me happiness.
    Going to try my best to stick around and be a pain in the ass as long as I can.
    Love you all
    PS…. Willing to buy a Munsters topper at a premium as my wife and I agreed a long time ago that pin will never leave our house, and I’d really like to complete the look.

God bless you brother!

As for all the rest of us, maybe we can all come together and get this man a Munsters topper FFS. There’s power in numbers, if we each throw a few bucks in we could easily make it happen.

#83 4 months ago

So sorry for your diagnosis, maybe there's time for one final hail mary outside of a medical system that failed you.

https://www.burzynskiclinic.com/about-us/

#84 4 months ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

God bless you brother!
    As for all the rest of you, let’s all come together and get this man a Munsters topper FFS. There’s power in numbers, if we each throw a few bucks in we could easily make it happen.

Someone has one that’s collecting dust. I’ll take good care of it, I promise!!

#85 4 months ago

In my thoughts and prayers.

LTG : (

#86 4 months ago

So sorry to hear that news. Stay strong, brother! I am 100% down to throw in money to get you that topper. I think the community can do that for you.

#87 4 months ago

Hang in there GoldenBeard! Your perspective on things is very admirable and valuable. My best wishes to you and your family.

And yes, let's get him a Munsters topper! Would love to pitch in. Maybe someone from Stern is out there reading and can check around to see if they can locate one.

#88 4 months ago

That sucks brother be with your loved ones as much as possible. Time.. one thing none of us can buy. Sorry to hear. I like others here thought you had this whooped. (Still do!)

#89 4 months ago

I won’t say no to you guys helping throw some money down, but man, even if you guys were able to help find one I’m sure I could find a way to grab it. That’s why I love this community, it is nice to have something positive to fall back on.

I thought for sure I had this thing beat, at least for the time being. I’ve always known regardless of the surgical outcome it could come back. I guess it’s just crazy to me that everything was removed doing surgery, they had ‘zero margin’ of it being in there after they tested everything they removed. And scans through august 1st we’re all clean. And then boom! It’s everywhere. That part just doesn’t make sense to me. But none of this has really made sense. I truly hope that by going through this, statistically it’s less likely for one other person to get it, I know it’s a weird way to look at it but there aren’t too many positives for me to hold on to.

#90 4 months ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

God bless you brother!
    As for all the rest of us, maybe we can all come together and get this man a Munsters topper FFS. There’s power in numbers, if we each throw a few bucks in we could easily make it happen.

If someone is able to find one, I'd be more than happy to help.

#91 4 months ago

Anybody know the owner of OCP? They are selling a Munsters with a topper and maybe they are willing to sell the topper separate for a certain price?

ebay.com link: itm

#92 4 months ago

Anyone have a connection with Orangecountypinballs, they have a Munsters pin with topper listed on ebay. Willing to separate? Also might be a look shot, but letting Stern in on GoldenBeard's story.
    But I must say, dude you have bigger balls than I do because you sound pretty calm, cool and collected receiving such ominous news. I'd be losing my shit!!

#93 4 months ago

Sent a message to Jack Danger on FB about seeing if Stern has one laying around somewhere to sell.

#94 4 months ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I won’t say no to you guys helping throw some money down, but man, even if you guys were able to help find one I’m sure I could find a way to grab it. That’s why I love this community, it is nice to have something positive to fall back on.
    I thought for sure I had this thing beat, at least for the time being. I’ve always known regardless of the surgical outcome it could come back. I guess it’s just crazy to me that everything was removed doing surgery, they had ‘zero margin’ of it being in there after they tested everything they removed. And scans through august 1st we’re all clean. And then boom! It’s everywhere. That part just doesn’t make sense to me. But none of this has really made sense. I truly hope that by going through this, statistically it’s less likely for one other person to get it, I know it’s a weird way to look at it but there aren’t too many positives for me to hold on to.

I know the feeling although my cancer is not as bad as yours.

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer a couple years ago. Went ahead and had it removed, had my PSA numbers checked every 3 months and they continued to rise. That meant the cancer had escaped my prostate and was still present.

Then went through 39 radiation treatments....same time, everyday, Monday through Friday for 2 months. They also put me on hormone therapy drugs. They prevent my body from producing testosterone. They do this because cancer cells grow and multiply better with it in your system. There's lots of shit to deal without a prostate and no testosterone. As I tell my friends, I'm growing tits but at least my dick hasn't fallen off yet.

Point of my story....after a year on the drugs, my PSA numbers are great so I asked the doctor why I still need them. His answer.....because there could always be cancer cells so small they can't detect them.

BAM....there it is.

So anytime a doctor says anyone is cancer free, I call bullshit. They may have reduced it but I don't think it's ever gone.

I won't say you're in my thoughts and prayers because that's a bullshit comment people make because they don't know what else to say.

What I will say is I hope you can spend as much quality time with your family you have left and I would be honored to help buy a topper that your wife can remember you by.

#95 4 months ago

Well... What can I say? I don't know you but your attitude is epic dude, and regardless I'm super sorry to hear things have gone this way for you.

#96 4 months ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I know the feeling although my cancer is not as bad as yours.
    I was diagnosed with prostate cancer a couple years ago. Went ahead and had it removed, had my PSA numbers checked every 3 months and they continued to rise. That meant the cancer had escaped my prostate and was still present.
    Then went through 39 radiation treatments....same time, everyday, Monday through Friday for 2 months. They also put me on hormone therapy drugs. They prevent my body from producing testosterone. They do this because cancer cells grow and multiply better with it in your system. There's lots of shit to deal without a prostate and no testosterone. As I tell my friends, I'm growing tits but at least my dick hasn't fallen off yet.
    Point of my story....after a year on the drugs, my PSA numbers are great so I asked the doctor why I still need them. His answer.....because there could always be cancer cells so small they can't detect them.
    BAM....there it is.
    So anytime a doctor says anyone is cancer free, I call bullshit. They may have reduced it but I don't think it's ever gone.
    I won't say you're in my thoughts and prayers because that's a bullshit comment people make because they don't know what else to say.
    What I will say is I hope you can spend as much quality time with your family you have left and I would be honored to help buy a topper that your wife can remember you by.

Thank you for the kind words my friend. Cancer sucks. But you’re right, at least you’ve still got your Dick.

I’ve joked a few times that I wish I had the type of cancer that gave me a bigger Dick and the only cure was to eat pizza hahaha …. Nope we got stuck with the shitty kind. Lol the universe thinks its got jokes, doesn’t realize we’re laughing at it being so stupid.

#97 4 months ago
    Quoted from Enchantress:

Anyone have a connection with Orangecountypinballs, they have a Munsters pin with topper listed on ebay. Willing to separate? Also might be a look shot, but letting Stern in on GoldenBeard's story.
    But I must say, dude you have bigger balls than I do because you sound pretty calm, cool and collected receiving such ominous news. I'd be losing my shit!!

I’ve lost my shit and still am. It’s very difficult. I honestly just want to think it’s a big joke and I’m actually on ‘The Truman Show’ and in a few weeks they’re going to tell me they’ve just been fucking with me this whole time. Or I wake up from my operation and I’ve actually been in a coma for a year and I’m okay.

The biggest thing I’ve found comfort in is truly knowing that I have amazing people around me and that I’ve had a good life up to this point. I so desperately want to stay around. It’s just not going to happen. But I am going to fight when/where I can. I’m not going down easy.

#98 4 months ago

Dang man rough news. don't give up, everyday with your son is a blessing.

#99 4 months ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I’ve lost my shit and still am. It’s very difficult.

I know there's no words to make you feel better, but I will offer some advice. Become a legend, become a hero.
    My mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. What should've been 6 months or less turned into almost 2 years of chemo even going into remission once. (Bryan Kelly is spot on with the cancer is all gone being bs as micro cells are undetectable). She was always calm, never complained. So I asked her, "How are you dealing with this so well?" She told me, the day she was diagnosed, that night she went to bed early, got down on her knees and prayed. She said "God, I don't know why this is happening to me but I'm laying this at your feet. I'll let you worry about it".
    I tell her story every chance I get in memory and respect for her. You see, she beat cancer ... because she never gave up.
    She became my hero.

I'm truly sorry for what's happening to you.

#100 4 months ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

PSS… 95% of people that work in healthcare are incredibly nice

This is what I say too. I also say the other 5% are just embarrassing themselves.

There are 376 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/declining-health-need-bucket-list-advice-on-pins-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.