(Topic ID: 54079)

Decline of Pinball due to operators being lazy?

By Av8

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Atomicboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_2315.JPG
    IMG_2314.JPG
    frankspub.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmike217.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

I was in Austin Texas yesterday and found five or six Pinball machines in the wild on 6th Street. Terminator two Demolition Man Adams family. And the only one that works was Twilight Zone. I brought a non pinball collector into the bar and I was ready to dump a lot of money into these machines.
    T2 s flipper would stick up. Eos switch worn out. I spent all of 2$ because they were unplayable. My friend was unimpressed and will likely never put a dime in pin again.
    Wtf operators?

Yawn. If you can do better go ahead.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Funny.
    My machines are clean and working. And I've had 5 customers since noon. They've spent less than $10.
    Wtf players ?
    LTG : )

Hah, at least your customers spent money. I still get tokens from other crap arcades jamming up my machines all the time.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You have to catch them. It's called theft of services when you call the police.
    LTG : )

I'm way better off not catching them. No one would understand if they saw me kicking the crap out of some cheap ass prick over a handful of tokens. People just don't understand that it's stealing and they never will.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

I can do better! OPERATORS, If the flippers dont work the game is dead! Give me the keys and I will fix them...FREE.
    I have bought parts on Pinballlife and delivered to operators free, on 3 occasions. How much does a flipper rubber or coil sleave cost? WTF.

My point didn't quite come across correctly. I took over an arcade because there was no place to play quality pinball in my area. I listened to your complaint from others for years and did something about it. Complaining doesn't help. If you have the knowledge, skill, and dedication to run and maintain an arcade then I say go for it.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

In a word, ^^This guy^^ knows how to run machines on location. They are maintained better than most private collections.

Thank you.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

I have had that problem for years but finally found a solution that works for me. I finally spent the extra money to purchase IMONEX coin acceptors to stop fighting the Canadian coins, other companies tokens that would jamn the machines. The service calls are too just too expensive. Customers often do not really know what is in there pockets as they just reach in and put the coin in the machine. A positive that has happened is I now get 40 to 70 dollars a week in quarters in the places I only take tokens so the switch will pay for itself sooner and with less service calls I am also saving time and money.

I also switched to Imonex mechs. They are very good. I use .900 tokens and these mechs also accept quarters. The problem is the larger .984 tokens from other arcades can still cause problems because no one knows how to push the reject button when they get stuck.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Should have a debit card swiper on pins nowadays.....If anyone uses that idea I claim 5% royalties on each transaction.

Great idea but cost prohibitive. There are systems now to put card readers on arcade games. You get a card at the desk and buy any amount of credits you want. Each card reader is about $125. I have 25 machines so That would be over $3000 plus whatever else the rest of the system costs. If the price comes down I would do it. Right now it's still too expensive to make sense for me.

#51 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Ipad App is good exposure for industry pins. Like the hard to find. I would never have considered Dr dude, Centaur or Firepower. All great pins now on my radar because of Ipad app.
    Still no substitute for the real thing. Fear not the app.
    Where is you arcade Mike?
    6th Austin TX is a great by the way! Killer live No Cover music, great food and pins in most of the bars and barcade. University of Texas college town.

Lanes and Games Arcade is in Cambridge, MA:

http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Ipad App is good exposure for industry pins. Like the hard to find. I would never have considered Dr dude, Centaur or Firepower. All great pins now on my radar because of Ipad app.
    6th Austin TX is a great by the way! Killer live No Cover music, great food and pins in most of the bars and barcade. University of Texas college town.

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

#57 10 years ago

Moderator please delete my multiple posts, sorry, computer froze up on me. Thanks.

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from royce6135:

Pinball arcade feeds the addiction. If stern would allow acdc, met, Avengers on the arcade. That would be crazy awesome.

Cool, facebook the crap out of that and call Stern and tell them to do it!!!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmike217.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/decline-of-pinball-due-to-operators-being-lazy?tu=pinballmike217 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.