(Topic ID: 54079)

Decline of Pinball due to operators being lazy?

By Av8

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Atomicboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_2315.JPG
    IMG_2314.JPG
    frankspub.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

Funny.

My machines are clean and working. And I've had 5 customers since noon. They've spent less than $10.

Wtf players ?

LTG : )

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Hah, at least your customers spent money. I still get tokens from other crap arcades jamming up my machines all the time.

You have to catch them. It's called theft of services when you call the police.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

I have bought parts on Pinballlife and delivered to operators free

Cool. I'll send you my parts list.

You do tools too, or just parts ?

( am kidding, and appreciate your trying to make pinball out there better )

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

we will support you.

One could only hope.

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from scottc:

One has dollar bill accepter and need to figure out how to do it on the bally pin.

Simple way is get 110 AC to the validator ( service outlet can be used ) and two wires to a coin switch. ( orange and brown on a MARS validator ). Set pulses on validator to 4. So a dollar bill registers four quarters.

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from scottc:

any thoughts?

Hard wire it. White and black on validator is your AC, orange and brown is for a switch. forget 3 pin connector, probably not for a validator.

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

I don't know where you were playing pinball in the 1980s, but where I was, there wasn't a single pinball machine that charged more than $0.25/play until Black Knight 2000 came along and was set to $0.50/game, 5 balls/game. Earthshaker was the last $0.25/game machine, after that they went to the bogus $0.50/1, $0.75/2, $1/3 setup.

Black Knight ( the original, not 2000 ) shipped at 50¢ play.

Ops could raise or lower it.

#94 10 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I vaguely remember LTG posting way back when how little his Circus Voltaire had collected over a period of time (2 quarters in a week? Something like that...). That's not even enough to break even on the cost of electricity.

I had a mint one. Great shape. Purple frame headers on it. Everything worked. High wire worked right.

Sat on the end of the front row near my counter, a great spot in the room. And it did a buck, buck and a half a week. There was a reason Williams closed it out. Might be a great home pin, but didn't produce for me.

2 weeks later
    #103 10 years ago
    Quoted from grendle308:

You'd hope that operators would have a little more

As long as players support locations known for games that don't work, are dirty, not level, and don't make payouts. You won't see any change.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/decline-of-pinball-due-to-operators-being-lazy?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.