(Topic ID: 54079)

Decline of Pinball due to operators being lazy?

By Av8

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Atomicboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_2315.JPG
    IMG_2314.JPG
    frankspub.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matt_Rasmussen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 10 years ago

Well, I'm pretty sure it's mostly due to video/computer/console games. Pinball is popular on the iPad...

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from lladnip:

i pad? wow, i admit i never tried it so i dont really know jack- but my gut reaction is the world is really going to hell- how could that be any part of the pinball exp- to denigh one self such pleasure

Certainly not like playing a real machine, but it certainly does help learn the rules.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I just did a service call for a home customer that had Theatre of Magic on his ipad. Told me word for word he would seek these games out to play if he didn't have the on his phone to play for free.

Seek out and buy a machine are far different things. I wouldn't buy a ToM for a couple reasons. One, I can't afford it, two, it's kinda boring after awhile. Although, if one were on route around me I would seek it out and play it.

If a guy has the liquid cash, loves the game on the iPad and doesn't buy it, he's probably not a pinhead.

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

I've decided to be an owner-operator - in other words, no route games, but my building with my games. I've been told by many that it will not fly. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but I'm blessed to be able to try.

But then they will be route games...

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Black Knight ( the original, not 2000 ) shipped at 50¢ play.
    Ops could raise or lower it.
    LTG : )

And it was worth every penny of .50 back then.

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

this is very true. what rekindled my love for pinball was the Williams collection for wii. also,i never got Twilight Zone. I did not find it fun as I did not understand the rules. I wanted to like it because its a pat lawlor game and I love his games and I love the old tz shows. with the pinball arcade I got to play enough to understand the rules and gameplay and now when I get to play a real one I enjoy myself much more. the pinball arcade may just be the cornerstone to the pinball resurgence.

Funny how people think differently on this stuff. I was at a local joint playing some Corvette and next to that is Medieval Madness (yup we are lucky) with some young guys playing it, young as in 14 or so (I think, hard to tell how young someone is when you get over 40) and asked them if they got into pinball from the iPad, I was glad to hear them tell me 'No, I didn't know that you could play 'real' pinball on the iPad', his dad has some machines at home.

I think the appeal of pinball is not gone, it's just that kids these days don't have to travel to play games like 'we' did as kids. I think the Pinball Arcade could potentially have players that really get into it and learn the rules seek out pinball again on location. At least it's a better than happenstance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matt_Rasmussen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/decline-of-pinball-due-to-operators-being-lazy?tu=Matt_Rasmussen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.