Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by indybru
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I've been the hobby for about 6 months so some of these decisions are new for me... I bought a great game and I love it in my basement. Playing in your home is the best...but I can't afford to buy every game I really like. So I've been playing DP Pro on location and I really like it. My plan was I'll get burned out on DP on location and it saved me the hassle of buying and still experiencing the game. I'm sure we've all been there....but I'm liking it more and more so my plan is backfiring. I'll hold off as long as I can until the funds replenish to by another game. I feel if I bought a game that I played quite a bit on location is just getting a jump start on burning out on the game after you own it.

#2 5 years ago

At home, you can set the game up however you like. The location game is set up how the operator wants it. If you start getting too good at it at home, or it starts to get boring change the settings. Home games and locations games (even when they're the same) aren't the same game.

#3 5 years ago

Money is always an issue when it comes to games.. I got in the hobby last July picked up a used Pirates and love it.. 2 months later saw Deadpool drop, played it at a pinball show and that was it I had to have it and 3 days later it was on order. I love Deadpool pro and find all the new games do not grab my attention like it does. Personally when you can afford it id say get one, we have played enough games on it in 7 months to pay for it if it was on location

#4 5 years ago

I think home and location games are complementary, have the games you really love at home and get your fix on variety on location. Space and budget allowing I think about 4 games at home (give or take a few) is plenty, having huge collection is for some but not everyone. So don’t rush into buying DP if it’s close by on location, if it still feels like a keeper after a while then consider getting it

#5 5 years ago

If you enjoy that pinball on location, you'll probably love it at home. You'll be able to dive in deeper and get a whole new appreciation.

Dp is a great machine.... If you get bored... You'll have plenty waiting to take it off your hands

Do it!

#6 5 years ago

Thanks for the responses! I am going to hold off since there might be a ton of one owner games on the market with such great titles coming out in the next couple months. I guess I should have titled this thread that DP has won me over and now I have to deal with the consequences!! Well see how I feel in a couple months....

#7 5 years ago

I can totally see your point on DP. It's one of a dozen games at the local arcade and I seem to play it the most.

They recently added Octoberfest and that was fun. I also used play the BM66 and now the game is not enjoyable. I checked the play field and it was beyond dirty and the ball kept getting stuck..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.95
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/decisions-on-buying-after-playing-on-location?hl=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.