(Topic ID: 198482)

Decisions Decisions Decisions

By davijc02

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

So I got into the crazy world of pinball about a year and a half ago. I bought Fish Tales as my first machine and it is a fun and good playing game. It could use new decals and a new dome topper to make it nicer but over all it plays well. It had normal wear around the fish inserts so i scraped off the art on the inserts and installed an overaly for that area and it made it look much nicer. In order to protects that decal I bought one of those plastic playfield protectors and overall im not too displeased with it. It has one bad playfield wear spot near the right orbit kickout which you cannot see when playing it. Also where the ball drops into the inlane those switch holes have some wear but other than that not much else wrong.

I also own a Rob Zombie which I think is a blast to play but like us all find myself wanting more. I'm in a bit of a tough decision spot lately. I would love to go get another machine and i'm saving my money towards doing just that. However the process is slow and I find myself considering selling my Fish Tales to help build the "Pinball Bank Account" quicker. I'm also torn with the idea of keeping fish tales dressing her up. Put on some fresh decals, but that dome for the topper, chrome legs, chrome siderails, etc. Would I love to drop in a new playfield? Hell yes! But that will just set me back even more in growing my collection.

All of the other games im currently lusting over are: TWD, MET, TNA

I will eventually grow the collection more but its gonna be a slow process and i'm impatient lol. So whats a guy to do? Give the Fish Tales a litte makeover as I do enjoy the game or sell her and put that money towards one of the games mentioned.

I swear this hobby is a disease....

#2 6 years ago

If it were me, sell fish tales and get something else. Nothing worse than feeling bored with the pins you own.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/decisions-decisions-decisions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.