7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Two pins I want are for sale in my area, the Shadow and JP. The problem is: I have $1600 and I could drive to L.A. or borrow money to get a Shadow? What do I do?

sandiego.craigslist.org link

losangeles.craigslist.org link

#2 7 years ago

I'd take the shadow!

#3 7 years ago

I know most people would take the Shadow, but I watched the Youtube link that was posted in the CL ad, and saw 2 cracked plastics. Also, I hate to borrow money from my parents, which leads me to JP. The game "looks to be in great shape" and maybe a little negotiating could get me a JP for 1600. It's a tough call.

#4 7 years ago

Shadow! You're going to have a rough time getting parts for JP!

#5 7 years ago

I think the Shadow is probably the best bet. I'm not driving up to L.A. Now, time to ask my parents for $600! Hope that goes well.

#6 7 years ago

Both are fun games.

2 months later
    #7 7 years ago

UPDATE:
    I'm now stuck between a cleanly restored T2 and a decent shaped CFTBL. I only want the CFTBL if I can get it for the right price. I have more than enough for the T2.

#8 7 years ago

Both great pins, I can't choose! So did you get TS?

#10 7 years ago

I wouldn't borrow money to buy a pin. I'd stay away from T2 also, unless you want the complete opposite of your TSPP.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I wouldn't borrow money to buy a pin.

Sound advice. I'm trying very hard to follow it myself.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I wouldn't borrow money to buy a pin. I'd stay away from T2 also, unless you want the complete opposite of your TSPP.

Absolutely agree on the first sentence. T2 isn't a game I want, but I know I could easily trade it for a JP, SW, or Checkpoint which are on my wishlist.

3 weeks later
    #13 7 years ago

UPDATE:

I am now stuck on deciding between smassa's IJ and RobT's brother's BSD. So hard to choose.

#14 7 years ago

which IJ? BSD I hear is a fun one.... have you played either before?

#15 7 years ago

Smassa's IJ with all original cabinet art.

#16 7 years ago

If you sit around contemplating it to long, you won't get either of them. Gotta move quick in this hobby. I prefer BSD, and it's properly alot cheaper too, but that's just me...

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

UPDATE:
    I am now stuck on deciding between smassa's IJ and RobT's brother's BSD. So hard to choose.

Well seeing as there is about a $3500 price difference between the 2 I'm not sure how hard a decision it is for you.

#18 7 years ago

Where is this bsd at?

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from TZBen:

Where is this bsd at?

Riverside

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

GoneFishinLvMsg said:I wouldn't borrow money to buy a pin. I'd stay away from T2 also, unless you want the complete opposite of your TSPP.
    Absolutely agree on the first sentence. T2 isn't a game I want, but I know I could easily trade it for a JP, SW, or Checkpoint which are on my wishlist.

I don't understand this line of thinking. So you're saying a $1400 game would be worth more to someone than $1400 in cold, hard cash? I always find that when it comes to trade deals I find that the lowballers are even worse. At least when you are paying with cash, you only have to deal with someone overvaluing their pin by $500. If it's a trade deal, they are overvaluing their pin by $500 and undervaluing yours by $500.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Well seeing as there is about a $3500 price difference between the 2 I'm not sure how hard a decision it is for you.

IJ and BSD are both on my wishlist. I love them both.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

smassa said:Well seeing as there is about a $3500 price difference between the 2 I'm not sure how hard a decision it is for you.
    IJ and BSD are both on my wishlist. I love them both.

Yes I understand that part....Just making a point that maybe the BSD is more in your price range right now. Its a pretty big jump in price from BSD to IJ.

#23 7 years ago

Yeah, I might have to go with RobT's BSD. I hope to God this is Pin #2 for me. Which means I have to put Cointaker LEDs in my TSPP.

1 week later
    #24 7 years ago

YET ANOTHER UPDATE:

I'm tempted to either go for a possibly HUO CFTBL not far from where I live, or a JP for sale by a Pinsider. I haven't contacted either sellers, but it's hard to choose.

#25 7 years ago

HUO CFTBL is a great pin if you can get it for a fair price. It is one that I think will continue to appreciate in value.

6 months later
    #26 7 years ago

UPDATE AGAIN:

I'm stuck between THREE Choices

1. A TZ popped up for sale near me for $4200, but it's at a retailer.

2. Surfsidedetail's BSD up in Fullerton

3. IJ for sale on OC CL, seller wants $5300, no cabinet fade

Which do I choose?

#27 7 years ago

TZ out the door for 4200.

#28 7 years ago

Already contacted the seller. Hope they still have it.

#29 7 years ago

Good luck on whatever you decide. They all will be fun. I must say I was laughing while reading as every other post was update and change of plans lol! Its all good; just found it funny. I hope you end up getting CFTBL if you change your plans again.

#30 7 years ago

I called the seller of the TZ. Bad news: It's unshopped and cabinet fade, but does have some mods, new CPU, and a new playfield. Don't think it's worth $4200 now.

#31 7 years ago

Ahhhhh...no Kwik, save the $$$,....offer him 2200

#32 7 years ago

Get Bsd and download TZ on pinball arcade

#33 7 years ago

Now it's down to BSD or IJ.....

#34 7 years ago

IJ by a landslide.... I'm not a fan of BSD

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I called the seller of the TZ. Bad news: It's unshopped and cabinet fade, but does have some mods, new CPU, and a new playfield. Don't think it's worth $4200 now.

The seller sent me an email saying if I buy it now, they will finish up working on it. Good deal or scam?

#36 7 years ago

^not for $4200, and if they were serious about selling it and not fishing for a ripoff, they would have put the damn work in to make it right before selling (especially for that price); pass on it and keep looking.

3 months later
    #37 6 years ago

Yet another update:

Hunting for one more pin due to space. Should I do:

Goldeneye or DH

OR

Save up for IJ or NIB AC/DC Premo

#38 6 years ago

Ever land that Check Point you been hunting for Kwikimart ?

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

Ever land that Check Point you been hunting for Kwikimart ?

Still on the lookout, but I think Goldeneye would be harder to find than Checkpoint IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 259.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 44.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Forever
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 85.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside