New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 164848)

Decision Time- Game Show or Mousin' Around?

By bdPinball

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Kerry_Richard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#1 4 years ago

There are two pins in the local CL, a Mousin' Around, and a Game Show. I already have a few pins, mostly 80s - (BK, BG, SH, FP, and then the older OC) So now I want to concentrate on some newer ones, BG is the only game I have that has any sort of a "Mode" besides Multi-Ball in FP and BK, and, I suppose you might consider the "fight" after the game in BK to be a mode, however I'm talking about "classic" modes, where you save the queen or beat the clock, or whatever. I haven't played either of the aforementioned titles, so if any of you have any suggestions, I'd be interested. Both Pins are priced very well, so in my mind they're basically the same price.

I want to get some more advanced games, but alas, money is always an issue, right? Until you win the Lotto!

Thanks in advance!

-Brian

#2 4 years ago

Mounsin' Around without a doubt or hesitation. It's one of my favorite games.

#3 4 years ago

Mousin all the way. Real fun game.

#4 4 years ago

Mousin Around! Gameshow is very "cheesy" no pun intended. Repetitive call outs. Goofy art.

#5 4 years ago

Mousin around. Gameshow is pretty easy and repetitive.

#6 4 years ago

Owned both. Both are fun, but Mousin wins head to head. I only parted with mine to get a Diner.

#7 4 years ago

I also agree Mousin is the better of those two. Better shots and theme.

#8 4 years ago

Oh my. I'll have to look into this-- I was set to buy the game show- price was lowere do 1200.

#9 4 years ago

There is also a Data East Checkpoint, as well as a Cactus Jack in this 1300-1600 range.

#10 4 years ago

Mousin.

#11 4 years ago

Mousing around by far.

#12 4 years ago

Even with checkpoint and CJ, pick Mousin

#13 4 years ago

100% mousin

#14 4 years ago

Mousin by far!

#15 4 years ago

It's hard to let others make a choice for you. I would go play both. Both are fun games in my opinion. Mousin Around has more going on and is a fun games, bit deeper than Game Show. But there is something to be said for the simplicity of Gameshow. Hit he subway and the bell goes off. It's a faster game and fun also. Game show is a pin that non players seem to have fun with and it was always a draw in my collection.

#16 4 years ago

Cool mirrored backglass looks like this under blacklight.
PC070005_(resized).JPG
PC070001_(resized).JPG

#17 4 years ago

Accidental post.
Scrolling to bottom of thread and stopped on the post button. Doh
Looks like I need to go play some mousin, there's one in town here, not sure if I've played one before. I play game show regularly at My local spot and do like it though.

#18 4 years ago

Still think Mousin Around is the best choice. I looked at your local craigslist and the only thing I would be concerned about is that it has been posted for one month at a very fair price for that game. I can't see why someone didn't scoop it up already. Make sure the ramps are in good shape because they are impossible to find.

#19 4 years ago

Well by far the people haven chose the Mousin, so I'll go check it out and see if he plans on dropping the price some.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from bdPinball:

Well by far the people haven chose the Mousin, so I'll go check it out and see if he plans on dropping the price some.

Also, check both mouse traps and make sure they are not cracked or broken....VERY hard part to find. Mousin is a fun pin to play

#21 4 years ago

What if the mouse traps are broken? Don't get the pin?

#22 4 years ago

Dude both those ads are a month old I'd be surprised if the mousin is still available......

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from bdPinball:

No, that's not what I was saying. Since you say you are going to go look at it, I was just saying that's something you want to check out too. another fair reason for offering less than asking price if they are cracked/broke.....it's not like the traps don't exist, they are just hard to find. I have a spare one myself but don't have any plans on letting go of it, as long as I own a MA anyway.

#24 4 years ago

Well Sinistarrett, it happens they both are. Unless the people I've been conversing with about them are making it up.

BronoJon, Okay. Thanks for the advice, if the guy responds again and I go check it out I'll see what they look like.

In the meantime, I see there is a PinBot for sale in that mid-teen price range, I have always kinda avoid playing this pin in the arcade because it seemed to eat my quarters like crazy. Then again, my firepower eats my invisible quarters like crazy, and I still love to play it. I guess it's that once every 10 games I actually have a GOOD one with a productive multi-ball, Extra Balls, Specials, and like that.

What about Pinbot vs. Mousin' Around?

I need to go Play that Mousin'.

-Brian

#25 4 years ago

Still Mousin Around. Had Pinbot and sold it fairly quick. I would never let go of Mousin. Others may have a different opinion though.

#26 4 years ago

Okay, unless the Mousin' is incomplete in pieces, I guess I'll pick that one.

For me, my favorite Bally games have always been 8 Ball Deluxe, Fathom, Silverball, and Playboy (old bally). For the most part, when I was a kid I had a preference for the pointy williams flippers, so it had to be a SPECIAL Bally pin to rate for me.

How would you rate Mousin' in comparison to those other games? EBD, SB, and uhh, "F."

=Brian=

#27 4 years ago

If they are still there then Mousin all the way.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from bdPinball:

The blue part in the pic is the bracket for the cheese trap , they are very scarce. Make sure it's not cracked (there's 2 of them)

image_(resized).jpg

#29 4 years ago

Well, I bought the game last night. Got it home, and you guys are absolutely correct - This game is Frackin' Awesome! Of course any time you add a pin to your lineup it becomes your favorite pin - at least for a little while.

It turns out the game was being sold by PinballGary. Apparently he uses this board, but not very often. He pointed out the fact that I didn't scour the game from head to toe to check for termites, missing pieces, bad smells coming from inside the cabinet, or other problems, however something about this deal sounded good to me. In the end I guess I got really lucky since the game is in excellent shape, and pretty much he told me if I get tired of the game he would be interested in buying it back. Apparently he's had this game in his "circle" for several years, he's sold it to different people over the years, and either bought it back, or in one case got it back because the gentlemen died. In any case, the game is so much fun I don't think I'll ever sell it back to him!

So far as I can tell none of the mousetraps, or ramps have any cracks, or problems with them. It looks like maybe the plastic shield on the outside of the center "up" ramp, is slightly mis-aligned, but it doesnt' affect game play at all. Since it works well, I'm hesitant to open it up and start "fixing" it.

Anyway, thanks mucho-mucho for the advice on getting this pin as opposed to Gameshow, or Pinbot. Someday I'd like to get into the pinbot/Bride of Pinbot line of pinballs, but it seems like if you get one of those, you'll want to get the entire set - they go together! And I don't really have any extra room for such a esoteric collection at the moment. As it is, I think Old Chicago may have to go..

-Brian

#30 4 years ago

This game is so damned much fun it ought to be Illegal!

One small problem, seems like maybe a dirty pot, I'm not sure, but intermittently when you're playing, sometimes the sound will almost cut out altogether. You can still hear it a little bit, and then, when you monkey with the sound adjustment pot, it comes back on. I'm not sure. Kinda funny, same problem I have with my Spy Hunter. Only, on the spy hunter I have to open the backglass and mess with the pot on the board.

-B

#31 4 years ago

THOSE DARN MICE! I have the same problem with mine i just touch the volume dial and then no problem.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

THOSE DARN MICE! I have the same problem with mine i just touch the volume dial and then no problem.

Same problem here. Hope you enjoy it.

#33 4 years ago

Congrats on the game. I was surprised that game was for sale for that long at such a low price. Mousin' Around is a real sleeper. It's one of the best System 11 games. It appears that Ward Pemberton took his Fathom layout and added ramps along with a lot of other changes. The ends of the ramps are also angled to speed the ball drops. And of course the mouse traps are genius. Try and hit the skill shots, too because each one will also add to your jackpot.

I did a full 20 hour shop job on mine when I got. It's setup with white rubber, yellow posts and standard flipper bats with WPC return springs. I polished the mylar on mine and waxed it up good, set it steep and it plays as fast as my Iron Man. I also added full LEDs and an OCDLED board. I've had it for 4 months now and I can't see letting go of it for quite awhile.

Have fun with yours.

#34 4 years ago

I've just been playing it, learning it's skill shots, etc. I haven't even opened the glass on it. I need to polish/wax it. I leveled it, and have it all installed where I want it. Looks great in my Bally area. Heh.

Thanks guys!

-Brian

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from bdPinball:

I've just been playing it, learning it's skill shots, etc. I haven't even opened the glass on it. I need to polish/wax it. I leveled it, and have it all installed where I want it. Looks great in my Bally area. Heh.

Can we see pics please!

#37 4 years ago

I'm a little late to the party...

I own both MA & GS. MA hands down, however, GS is a very cool pin too.

Congrats on your purchase!

#38 4 years ago

After seeing that GameShow the other day (I went and looked at it) it's in excellent condition, Seems like it's only the older EMs, and the Earlier Williams System 7 games that took such a beating, My Firepower, and Black Knight have just been played to death. Anyway, I thought GameShow would look really spiffy next to the Mousin Around. They look very similar, BackGlass, and the display along the bottom, and the ramps.. I dunno, they just seem like they're sisters. Sort of like Lost World / Mata Hari.

I have pics on my phone, I'll post them pronto..

-Brian

#39 4 years ago

Curious... what prices are the MA & GS? If you don't mind me asking.

#40 4 years ago

Mousin was 1.4k and Gs is 1.3k

Oh- Here are requested pics of My Ma.. Always hated that word for a mom, sounds so- unapprviative. This woman goes through what- and all you can do is abbreviate her name. Hahaha. Here's the pics.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#41 4 years ago

Hey! What's with these names on the backglass? Look closely at the rolled up newspaper. The only name I can place on there is Kordek- it seems like it's maybe a list of Williams line employees and / or the mysterious "tested by" inspectors.

So anyone else know anything about the list? Seems like mostly first, and a few
Nicknames.. O.T. Wilma, Ice Skeeter..

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#42 4 years ago

1400 is about right considering the cabinet fade and insert wear. Nice pickup and fun system 11

#43 4 years ago

Great looking game! I'd be all over that for 1400. Enjoy!

#44 4 years ago

I agree... 2 great games for $2700!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Bellmore, NY
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
2,100 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Island Lake, IL
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lowell, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside