• 30 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by cowman57
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pin_line_up_005.jpg
pin_line_up_004.jpg
pin_line_up_001.jpg

#1 7 years ago

And put it on my current list...I just got home. 320 miles each way. It's going to spend the night out in the van, I'm pooped. It's kind of dirty, but I think it will clean up good though. There is a little PF wear in the return lanes where the ball drops, other than that pf looked decent. The display is garbled at times also....Is that the display, or the bd that runs the display? I paid enough for it ($1100), but I really wanted a Taxi. I already had $100 of gas, and 10-12 hrs of driving (which beats the hell out of my body way more than 12 hrs of farmin'), not too many in my area for sale, and it has the Marylin pf&bg...So I got it...

#2 7 years ago

Way to go, cowman! Can't wait to see some pics.

#3 7 years ago

Bet you won't sleep too soundly tonight...

Congrats!

#4 7 years ago

I thought this thread was going to be an anti-Taxi thread. But I guess people would defend it if it was true.

#5 7 years ago

There is no such thing as a anti Taxi thread.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from cowman57:

There is no such thing as a anti Taxi thread.

The title thread sure sounded like one.

#7 7 years ago

Yeah I opened this up to see which pinsider could possibly hate taxi.
Little high on price for something needing anything more than a plugin IMO.
That said it is marylin and it is so much harder to find.

Nice snag best of luck in getting it up and running.
Enjoy your games.

#8 7 years ago

nice forum title to get me to read it looking for a fight

#9 7 years ago

Im assuming this was the taxi on CL in minnesota. Been eyen' it but the wife wouldn't let it happen. If so nice score.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from cowman57:

I already had $100 of gas, and 10-12 hrs of driving (which beats the hell out of my body way more than 12 hrs of farmin')

Maybe you should have taken a Taxi home, oh wait, you did! Congrats on the pickup, hope the display issue is a bad cable or connection.

#11 7 years ago

Now you need Diner. You can't have one without the other. Nice score. It's a beautiful game.

#12 7 years ago

Taxi!!!

Congrats buddy!!

#13 7 years ago

Congrats!!!

#14 7 years ago

Best sounds of any System 11 game hands down. Congrats!!!

Later,
EV

#15 7 years ago

I had Taxi and Diner for a short time. Taxi is the better game by a narrow margin, but Diner is such an awesome looking game I sold the Taxi and never looked back.

Quoted from TheStranger:

Now you need Diner. You can't have one without the other. Nice score. It's a beautiful game.

#16 7 years ago

Congrats!!! ...it's a very fun game. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

#17 7 years ago

Got 10 million last night, and only got 2nd on the board. But i got the trifecta! Got the million, did the Express lane ball locks during multiball 2 times, and did the dropoff for max jackpot. Love Taxi so much. Such a satisfying game.

#18 7 years ago

Congrats....looking forward to moving it from my wishlist someday.

#19 7 years ago

I miss my Taxi. I want another!

#20 7 years ago

What a great buy. Congrats.

#21 7 years ago

Where are the pics?

#22 7 years ago

Congrats! Let the flow begin!

#23 7 years ago

Got the Taxi in the house, and in the line up. Will get some rings and flipper rebuild kits ordered, and start the shop job soon.

pin_line_up_001.jpg pin_line_up_004.jpg pin_line_up_005.jpg

#24 7 years ago

That lineup looks awesome cowman. I love the taxi, bk, comet, sorcerer, Pinbot and grand lizard side by side. All the top machines of the 1980s.

#25 7 years ago

Cowman: on your interconnect check the brown wire at pin 10 of j7. That lites the GI behind the taxi drivers face on the backglass.

#26 7 years ago

Thanks donjagra, I really like the Williams pins from the mid to late 1980's..These are the machines that were out in public locations in my area, back when there WERE machines out in public locations in my area. I don't recall ever seeing a DMM pin in person!

#27 7 years ago

Thanks also Blackbeard (location secret). Will maybe start digging into it tomorrow. It's got a few small bugs to get worked out, which I might be picking your brains for help if need be. The harderest part is done....Finding one, and getting it home.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I had Taxi and Diner for a short time. Taxi is the better game by a narrow margin, but Diner is such an awesome looking game I sold the Taxi and never looked back.

Both have their pros. I'll agree Diner looks better but Taxi SOUNDS better. Both awesome. I would say Taxi slightly takes it over Diner because of the sounds and I like the theme better as well.

#29 7 years ago

kickass lineup..Where did you travel to to get the taxi?

#30 7 years ago

Hope MN...It was on Rochester CL

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside