New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 196123)

Decals indiana jones

By cele1984

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by insx
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0974 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0973 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0966 (resized).JPG
    A54443AB-A18E-4971-A116-F40940C3D38E (resized).jpeg
    E5CBD6AF-0DA8-401D-A8E6-A65865BB8E38 (resized).jpeg
    Indy_03.jpg
    Indy_02.jpg
    Indy_01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0951 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0950 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0948 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0941 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0940 (resized).JPG
    retro-indy-3 (resized).jpg
    retro-indy-2 (resized).jpg
    retro-indy-1 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Hi guys,
    I need to change my decals cabinet on my Indiana Jones Williams but I don't where buy it. I saw some decals for indiana but I'm not convinced about the colours. Someone have any suggestion , also from his experience, where I could buy very very good decals like original for indiana Jones Williams ?

#3 3 years ago

Here is some from retro refurb

IMG_2049 (resized).JPG

IMG_2050 (resized).JPG

IMG_2052 (resized).JPG

#4 3 years ago

Looks like there aren't that many options these days.

Bud, are you happy with the quality?

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

Looks like there aren't that many options these days.
    Bud, are you happy with the quality?

I'll let you know when I get it all assembled.

#6 3 years ago

Some of the decal suppliers have side decals that are more red than orange and do not look right. Just keep that in mind.

#7 3 years ago

Those retro refurbs look nice. The price is nice too

#8 3 years ago

Thanks at all. I saw your marvelous pictures and I placed the order on retrofurbs. You convinced me very very much!!!!

#9 3 years ago

I'm happy retro is a viable source for hard to find decals. I'm glad to have him as a source. Having said that, and based just on the picture I see on my phone, the dithering on the ij decals looks poor. I would not be happy with those.

#10 3 years ago

RetroRefurbs

FB355FF5-CAC7-4D64-BA72-CE781A46C099 (resized).jpeg

1DCE8E75-E496-44FF-B4C5-DA9B9E0CCABF (resized).jpeg

66CF3F73-D237-45EC-A058-AB35D1A520D3 (resized).jpeg

#11 3 years ago

For color comparison, here are mine I'm about to use to restore my Indy. They're an original screened licensed set from Illinois Pinball

Illinois pinball originals-03 (resized).jpg

Illinois pinball originals-02 (resized).jpg

Illinois pinball originals (resized).jpg

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Seatmandan:

For color comparison, here are mine I'm about to use to restore my Indy. They're an original screened licensed set from Illinois Pinball

Those are great except the defect in the sun in the screen

#13 3 years ago

Thousands times better than retrorefurbs.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

Those are great except the defect in the sun in the screen

There's not a single thing wrong with these decals.

#15 3 years ago

I would like to see a closeup of the decals from retro.
    A friend of mine had some decals that he bought online, and they were over saturated and the "raster" looked horrible. Not sure if they where from retro.

#16 3 years ago

What about PPS?

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Axl:

I would like to see a closeup of the decals from retro.
    A friend of mine had some decals that he bought online, and they were over saturated and the "raster" looked horrible. Not sure if they where from retro.

Close ups and compare with the Illinois one's posted above. However different cameras, settings, and lighting conditions at the time will always make things look different.

Remember, there is absolutely no obligation for anyone to buy anything from us. I'm providing these photos for informational purposes only.

retro-indy-1 (resized).jpg
    retro-indy-2 (resized).jpg
    retro-indy-3 (resized).jpg

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

Close ups and compare with the Illinois one's posted above.

This comfirms that the ones i saw at my friends house is definatly not from retrorefurbs
    Your decals look very good indeed.

#19 3 years ago

Those Retrorefurb ones look pretty damn good!

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Seatmandan:

There's not a single thing wrong with these decals.

Ipbs films had a line through the sun, ours didn't it was repaired, and ipb had a slit in the back of the decals

So if it doesn't have the error and no slit, then they are ours not ipb,s

#21 3 years ago

I really don't care who's they are- I bought them second-hand, they were advertised as IPB. They are definitely silk-screened, much like my Next-Gen decals that I used on my TZ and TOTAN restorations. They are AWESOME. They very well may be from down under!

#22 3 years ago

oh, also- I don't think there's a slit in the backing- I will have to check- they are rolled away

#23 3 years ago

Next gen are not silk screened, anyway no issue they are great the ones you have

Genuine silkscreened with original art and pms colors

#24 3 years ago

Next gen are not silk screened

Well, I'm no printing expert, so I'll take your word that they're not... However, they do have the awesome "texture of many layers" to their touch & feel, which I think is great, much like original sideart.

#25 3 years ago

Seatmandan where you buy original licensed decal for Indiana Jones?
    Are Retrorefurbs decal next generation or not?

#26 3 years ago

Bought them from a private owner that had owned them for quite a while. I do not believe the retro refurbs are next gen

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Seatmandan:

I do not believe the retro refurbs are next gen

Quoted from cele1984:

Are Retrorefurbs decal next generation or not?

Oh hell no. The biggest problem with NextGen is the inaccurate color matching and that it can't print true black. That's why you see so many restores with the wrong colors. In order of quality:

1. Silkscreen
    2. Retro
    3. NextGen
    4. eBay / Your friend's friend who can print stuff.

Anyway, looks like those Silkscreened Indy decals above are really good quality, lucky owner. Thumbs up!

Pete
    RetroRefurbs

#28 3 years ago

Can someone show an image (possibly circle it on Photoshop) of this flaw they speak of, with the lighter band going across the sun? Thanks.

#29 3 years ago

those silkscreened decals will be on very soon! first, i need to make the cabinet perfect-

IMG_0940 (resized).JPG

IMG_0941 (resized).JPG

IMG_0948 (resized).JPG

IMG_0950 (resized).JPG

IMG_0951 (resized).JPG

#30 3 years ago

Here is my set from BAA / PPS for comparison. I assume these are NextGen?

Indy_01 (resized).jpg
    Indy_02.jpg
    Indy_03.jpg

#31 3 years ago

No all the PPS baa etc are all screen printed and made by me fully licensed with genuine Williams films

One original film was damaged, we scanned it and repaired and remade that film, it was on one cabinet side through the sun

#32 3 years ago

Oh hell no. The biggest problem with NextGen is the inaccurate color matching and that it can't print true black. That's why you see so many restores with the wrong colors. In order of quality:
    1. Silkscreen
    2. Retro
    3. NextGen
    4. eBay / Your friend's friend who can print stuff.
    Anyway, looks like those Silkscreened Indy decals above are really good quality, lucky owner. Thumbs up!
    Pete
    RetroRefurbs

Next gen colours are better than anything you supply, it has a black ink, if you select preserve primary color it prints all black, otherwise it prints black with a % of cmyk, you don't even print the stuff it comes from Italy and Croatia, if you had the printer and knew something about the process like I do, I would give you more rope.

You can't print ij decals any other way than screen print, no digital printer can print the colours required

#33 3 years ago

I noticed the halftone dots on the BAA/PPS version is much smaller or finer compared to Illinois and RetroRefurb's versions. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not as if some people looking at Indy's face on the backbox decals might say there is less or loss of detail? My Indy had been already been re-decaled before I got it so I don't know how it should compare to the original cabinet silk screen?

But looking at IPDB, Indy's face looks more "red" and closer to Illinois and RR's version:
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1267&picno=9423

Again, I have no idea if the one on IPDB is original either...

#34 3 years ago

Next gen colours are better than anything you supply, it has a black ink, if you select preserve primary color it prints all black, otherwise it prints black with a % of cmyk, you don't even print the stuff it comes from Italy and Croatia, if you had the printer and knew something about the process like I do, I would give you more rope.

Wrong again hahaha Your "insider info" sucks as much as your printing.

But we'll see in an upcoming blog post (and video), putting NextGen and Retro up against some original cabinets so we can finally put this issue to rest. Stay tuned.

#35 3 years ago

Regardless of the printing quality battle, the decals I got from Retro look good to me and I am just happy my game doesn’t look like this anymore...

E5CBD6AF-0DA8-401D-A8E6-A65865BB8E38 (resized).jpeg
    A54443AB-A18E-4971-A116-F40940C3D38E (resized).jpeg

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

Regardless of the printing quality battle, the decals I got from Retro look good to me and I am just happy my game doesn’t look like this anymore...

That's the key. Faded Ij's just look sad and tired. New decals make that game pop.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

That's the key. Faded Ij's just look sad and tired. New decals make that game pop

I agree- and because my line-up is so small, I don't really have anywhere to hide it in between two other pins...

#38 3 years ago

My game looks great now and I am glad to have a wallet friendly options for quality decals.

Now to think about ordering a set for my faded Fish Tales...

#39 3 years ago

I hope you guys realise the COST of all other parts will soon increase to cover the huge legal fees about to be paid to take down retro refurbs, I have already had a deposition with Disney Lawyers, he is even claiming he owns the copyright to bally Williams by signing the dmca takedown which is fraud.

You all jumped up and down when someone stole clays pinrepair information when people used his information without permission, however you look the other way when it breaks trademarks and copyrights with known ip owners.

His Facebook and PayPal accounts will be the first to go

#40 3 years ago

Maybe if you hadn't been so greedy and price-gouged with your decals you wouldn't have opened up a market for better value ones. $520 for a few stickers - that is taking the piss - not to mention your prior attempts at creating apparent scarcity by saying the license had run out and you would not be able to create any more.

#41 3 years ago

I hope you guys realise the COST of all other parts will soon increase to cover the huge legal fees about to be paid to take down retro refurbs, I have already had a deposition with Disney Lawyers, he is even claiming he owns the copyright to bally Williams by signing the dmca takedown which is fraud.
    You all jumped up and down when someone stole clays pinrepair information when people used his information without permission, however you look the other way when it breaks trademarks and copyrights with known ip owners.
    His Facebook and PayPal accounts will be the first to go

Talking a load of old nonsense again, eh? I'm gonna be laughing my ass off when this day comes, because you're gonna get a very big surprise.

It seems you fail to understand a few fundamental issues.

Good luck to you and your pals.

#42 3 years ago

turned out great. these are BY FAR the best decals i've applied to date.

IMG_0966 (resized).JPG

IMG_0973 (resized).JPG

IMG_0974 (resized).JPG

4 months later
    #43 2 years ago

But we'll see in an upcoming blog post (and video), putting NextGen and Retro up against some original cabinets so we can finally put this issue to rest. Stay tuned.

Did this blog post ever happen?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 259.99
    $ 29.99
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    € 4.20
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 1,248.00
    $ 20.00
    $ 395.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 8.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside