Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BW Surfer Trough VUK doctored (resized).jpeg
Surfer (resized).jpg
Surfer.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 7.54.09 PM (resized).png
BW Surfer Trough VUK scan (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I am doing a teardown/clean/shop of a Baywatch and need some help with reproducing a decal that isn't included in any of the repro sets nor can I find it separately. This decal is on the trough VUK. I have scanned my dirty and damaged original but I don't have the editing chops to clean it up. I have the decal paper to print it and myar to protect it.

Is there a Pinsider that can please help? I can provide the original high res scan.

Thank you!

BW Surfer Trough VUK scan (resized).jpgBW Surfer Trough VUK scan (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Would it be easier if you got a scan of a clean plastic? I have a Baywatch and can’t think where that plastic is at?

#3 3 years ago

Is this a freebie or are you offering something in return?

What are the dimensions of the decal?

Also, nice to know someone is making another Baywatch "imamaculate"!

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Would it be easier if you got a scan of a clean plastic? I have a Baywatch and can’t think where that plastic is at?

It is a decal on the VUK that feeds the shooter.

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 7.54.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-03-26 at 7.54.09 PM (resized).png

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Is this a freebie or are you offering something in return?

I'm pretty handy and am certainly willing to help in return but would also be open to paying a reasonable fee for one's editing time. Also, we have many fine breweries here in Seattle and I have shipped a few choice beers around the country...

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

What are the dimensions of the decal?

The decal is 2-1/4" wide x 1-1/4" high

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Also, nice to know someone is making another Baywatch "imamaculate"!

Thanks! May plan for this Baywatch is mainly playfield related but cabinet work is still outside of my skill set. Stripping the top and bottom of the playfield and cleaning everything then reassembling and making everything work is my comfort zone. Simple board diagnosing and repair is relatively comfortable for me as well.

This Baywatch come from Italy in a container buy and will definitely enjoy a new lease on life!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

It is a decal on the VUK that feeds the shooter.
[quoted image]

I'm pretty handy and am certainly willing to help in return but would also be open to paying a reasonable fee for one's editing time. Also, we have many fine breweries here in Seattle and I have shipped a few choice beers around the country...

The decal is 2-1/4" wide x 1-1/4" high

Thanks! May plan for this Baywatch is mainly playfield related but cabinet work is still outside of my skill set. Stripping the top and bottom of the playfield and cleaning everything then reassembling and making everything work is my comfort zone. Simple board diagnosing and repair is relatively comfortable for me as well.
This Baywatch come from Italy in a container buy and will definitely enjoy a new lease on life!

Oh, that’s a small one. Please email scan to me (see PM).

I guess you missed my “imamaculate” reference to the best Pinside for sale thread of all time. If you are not familiar, it is quite entertaining.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I guess you missed my “imamaculate” reference to the best Pinside for sale thread of all time. If you are not familiar, it is quite entertaining.

Ha! "used by questionable sales people who are misrepresenting their products and can't spell."

Oh, that Zach... Always the entertainer.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Oh, that’s a small one. Please email scan to me (see PM).

But this one has legs, so it's in even better shape than imamaculate.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

But this one has legs, so it's in even better shape than imamaculate.

It’s “Imamamaculate”

#9 3 years ago

Will this work for you?

Click on image, click on blue download button at bottom right to open full res image, then right-click and save image to download full res image to your computer.

The image is somewhat jagget when zoomed in (based on your scan), but when printed at 2-1/4" x 1-1/4" it looks perfect.
Surfer.jpgSurfer.jpg

Here's an alternate if you really want to spruce things up.

Surfer (resized).jpgSurfer (resized).jpg
#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here's an alternate if you really want to spruce things up

Lol

#11 3 years ago

That should work great! Thank you, Mr_Tantrum . I made another version that I think is the perfect one for my imamaculate Baywatch:

BW Surfer Trough VUK doctored (resized).jpegBW Surfer Trough VUK doctored (resized).jpeg

#12 3 years ago

That should work great! Thank you, Mr_Tantrum . I made another version that I think is the perfect one for my imamaculate Baywatch:
[quoted image]

Hang 10, bra

#13 3 years ago

The image is awesome, thank you! My deskjet printer won't print the aqua of the water in any shade but green so now I'll go find a local photo printer to do it. Never thought about that aspect of it - the wonderful world of color calibration.

#14 3 years ago

The image is awesome, thank you! My deskjet printer won't print the aqua of the water in any shade but green so now I'll go find a local photo printer to do it. Never thought about that aspect of it - the wonderful world of color calibration.

I'll make an adhesive vinyl decal with clear gloss overlay for $10 if you want.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/decal-reproduction-help-for-unavailable-baywatch-vuk-surfer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.