• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SAM_0488 (resized).JPG
SAM_0487 (resized).JPG
SAM_0486 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from EdHess:

Btw do you recall which tabs to solder to for that micro switch under the apron. That i mentioned in the post. Two outermost or two left most? I am currently the two outmost as it came that way but I’ve seen pics using the two left most.

Different switch manufacturers wire the lug positions in their micro switches differently.
In this case you need to connect the wires to the lugs marked "C" (Common) and "N.O" (Normally Open).

If the switch lugs aren't marked, grab your multi-meter and check which two lugs show open circuit when the switch is open and then closed circuit when you close the switch.

Two balls sitting in the right side of the trough is an abnormal condition so switch 28 is there to detect it. This for example happens when you lift the playfield and the 2nd ball rolls from the outhole location into the trough. Or say you run solenoid test mode and the outhole kicker sends the 2nd ball into the trough but you exit solenoid test mode before the trough ball release coil activates to eject a ball into the shooter lane.
The game detects the abnormal ball positions and deals with it accordingly. A poorly adjusted switch 28 can cause the game to incorrectly detect two balls in the trough and spit them both out - it can be a bit finicky to get the switch 28 wireform position adjusted correctly.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from EdHess:

I do need to find which voice sound rom is triggered by the 4 lower lane roll over switches to be sure it isn’t a rom chip,

You mean the outlanes and flipper return lanes? They don't produce speech so their sounds are not in the voice ROMs. Those lanes produce synthesized sounds from the main sound board.
For your reference, the words contained in each voice ROM are listed here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-does-anyone-know-which-sounds-are-on-each-eprom#post-4766985

The behavior I'm seeing in your video looks like the right most trough switch is not detecting any balls, and your left side saucer switch is stuck closed.

I'd suggest that you run through the switch test mode and activate each switch as listed in the switch identification

Raise all the drop targets and remove all playfield balls from the game.
The game should report "0" in the ball in play display indicating no closed switches, if not you have a stuck switch that needs investigating.

Using the switch identification table in the manual (print page 17), activate each switch one at a time but do it in REVERSE order listed in the manual - i.e. start at switch 40 and work your way in reverse sequence to switch 1. Important that you do it in reverse order because the game only reports the lowest switch number that's closed.
Look for switches that don't respond, and switches that report the wrong number.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/debuging-xenon?tu=quench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.