(Topic ID: 181845)

Debating on buying a MMr...sell JD and DM to fund it?

By Elevatorman

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2677 (resized).JPG
20170205_155343 (resized).jpg
20170205_155248 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I've had DM and JD for years I'm debating selling to fund an MMr.I don't play them as much anymore with the others I have now.I like MM but is it really and 8k game.I'm having a hard time deciding.
Any opinions appreciated.

#2 7 years ago

I have a MMR and it's a great game, but for the money, I'd rather have 3 or 4 "B" titles.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I have a MMR and it's a great game, but for the money, I'd rather have 3 or 4 "B" titles.

That's what I am wondering about also.I do have some good pins but DM and JD just do not get played except when people are over.

#5 7 years ago

I'd do it, especially if you have seen everything JD and DM has to offer.

#6 7 years ago

Judge dredd keep, demo man kick to curb

#7 7 years ago

I'm always in favor of getting rid of a DM to fund anything...and JD isn't close behind.

#8 7 years ago

Yeah, I'd do it...

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

That's what I am wondering about also.I do have some good pins but DM and JD just do not get played except when people are over.

In that case, I'd sell them both and get MMR.
No point in keeping them around if they just collect dust.

#10 7 years ago

I am borrowing a buddies mmr. A lot going on and hard to beat. If you just bash Castle you might get bored but there's so much to that game.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Judge dredd keep, demo man kick to curb

What he said.

John

#12 7 years ago

You may find JD had more staying power than MMr if you do make the change...

#13 7 years ago

Why is it so hard to sell a few machines.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Why is it so hard to sell a few machines.

Totally agree. It's not easy. Now I finally sold one and have an empty slot. "Missing Man Formation"

#15 7 years ago

GO!

#16 7 years ago

Been in same situation almost....got rid of jd and dm and dont miss them ...mm is a awesome pin so id definitely do it

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Been in same situation almost....got rid of jd and dm and dont miss them ...mm is a awesome pin so id definitely do it

I guess I should pull the trigger.I've always wanted one.Remakes are ending and an original is most likely even more money.
I think I'd miss JD but I think I'm going to have to do it.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I guess I should pull the trigger.I've always wanted one.Remakes are ending and an original is most likely even more money.

Nice lineup. If you have a pic of your setup I'd like to see it. Trying to fit half that many is a challenge for me right now lol.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

All pins get stale eventually so if you have had them for while get something new.... mm has alot to offer and theres a reason its the top pin ever for many people. Nothing wrong with remake i just perfer original with mods. Cant wait to have my restored mb, mm, ss , afm, tz beside one another...will be a thing of beauty and all my favorite to play. Im getting rid of a deep great game to get the mm also.

#20 7 years ago

Current line up pics

20170205_155248 (resized).jpg20170205_155248 (resized).jpg

20170205_155343 (resized).jpg20170205_155343 (resized).jpg

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Current line up pics

Man i wish i had that space... only 9-10 max for me and thats 3 more than what really fit lol.

#22 7 years ago

I'm full and I have a few in the back room too,lol

#23 7 years ago

I'm in the same boat. Pondering selling my JD to fund something else, and it's the first pin I ever bought. I'm also a huge Judge Dredd fan in general, but the pin only gets played when people come over. To me, that says it all. If you don't play it, it's time to sell.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'm in the same boat. Pondering selling my JD to fund something else, and it's the first pin I ever bought. I'm also a huge Judge Dredd fan in general, but the pin only gets played when people come over. To me, that says it all. If you don't play it, it's time to sell.

Yep thats a good rule..... my friend had my twdp since oct and i didnt miss it. So im getting rid of it and some others and getting loaded restored mm and maybe tom.... i love me some b/w pins.....

#25 7 years ago

You only live once. If you want a MMR get one, played it with my brother this weekend and had a blast. It's not the deepest game but the humor is worth it.

IMG_2677 (resized).JPGIMG_2677 (resized).JPG

#26 7 years ago

Super deep pins are overrated imo.... u never even get see half the game unless your a top player anyhow lol.. i think pins like mm, afm , mb and many others that are set up right(difficult) are just the right amount of depth and are super fun to play. Ive had afm and mb for a while and have yet to beat them totattally but get close alot.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

Current line up pics

Looks like you don't need an MMr as most of the games you have are just as good or better. If you must get rid of one it might as well be an upgrade.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You may find JD had more staying power than MMr if you do make the change...

Well, one of the nice things about this hobby is you can always change your mind -- because the games tend to retain nearly all their value, it's not that big a deal if you end up not loving one you spent a lot for. Simply sell it and pick up some other game for a similar price.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Well, one of the nice things about this hobby is you can always change your mind -- because the games tend to retain nearly all their value, it's not that big a deal if you end up not loving one you spent a lot for. Simply sell it and pick up some other game for a similar price.

This exactly! I sacrificed my Tron Pro and Rocky & Bullwinkle to get new games faster. Purchased the Walking Dead Pro and got a WoZ coming next month. Too busy playing the new games to worry about the old ones and if I really did miss them, could get again down the track.

#31 7 years ago

I guess trading DM for MM wouldn't be the end of the world.

#32 7 years ago

I owned a MM and sold it fast. Boring game that gets old too quick. I'm currently trying to persuade a friend of mine to trade my TZ for his JD + BSD.

#33 7 years ago

Dont do it mm is over rated.

#34 7 years ago

I think it depends on if you play games for score (league..tourney..etc) or to get through the software (wizard mode!).

MM is one of those games that if you are playing for score...it's kinda Meh. Bashing the castle over..and over..and over does get old.
Now progressing through the software and Battling the Kingdom is a lot of fun!

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I think it depends on if you play games for score (league..tourney..etc) or to get through the software (wizard mode!).

I really only play at my house,no league at all or just for fun at places when I'm out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 81.95
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 72.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/debating-on-buying-a-mmrsell-jd-and-dm-to-fund-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.