(Topic ID: 202943)

Deathstar posts on Star Wars Pro Jamming

By DatNoobAdam

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Has anyone ever had this issue? The coil assembly rattled everything loose one time and ever since our posts that pop up to stop the ball on the Deathstar shot won't stay in a position that will allow them to fall back down with just the strength of the spring as it's intended. I put on a sturdier spring today hoping it would fix the issue and after I tightened everything down again it worked for a while, but then rattles loose and jams up again. It seems no matter what I cannot get everything associated with that coil too stay locked down and the stops sooner or later will jam and not go back into the PF.

Thanks

#2 6 years ago

I have had to tighten many donut rubber posts on almost every NIB STERN I have purchased right out of the box. Not your issue but I totally get it . If you post some photo's that will be helpful . Use you finger or something and point at each part that is rattling loose . Is it the wood screws ? to playfield I have a fix for that . Photo will really help and also if this happen to others we will have some documentation .

#3 6 years ago

Its the screw on the bottom of the plunger that rattles loose. The cap (?) and the spring pop off and are laying in the bottom of the box. If we take the wood screws out and totally remove the plunger assembly, it works fine manually. Nothing binds on the white plastic, the spring pushes the plunger back smoothly, etc. The problem begins once we screw the assembly back onto the playfield. I assume the assembly isnt exactly aligned with the two holes in the playfield, as it starts to bind horribly. If I tighten up the 3 wood screws, and the 2 screws on the plunger assembly, I can barely even get it to move in or out of out of the hole, thats how bad its sticking. One thing to note is that in switch test, the coil gets very hot, almost like its not popping and releasing. More like it's staying engaged. I expected it to push the plunger up and the spring pushed it back down. Not sure why it would get hot. Maybe something with the coil? Hope that shines some light on the subject, thanks in advance for the help.

2 years later
#4 3 years ago

Did you ever fix this? I had one of the posts fly out today onto my playfield. Found the screw in the cabinet and put it back on but now it’s binding just like you described. It pushes up okay, when it retracts there is some tension in the coil preventing it from completely going down. Worked perfect before the post flew out. All the screws into the playfield are tight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deathstar-posts-on-star-wars-pro-jamming and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.