Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which one to choose?”

• Atlantis 0 votes
  • Abra Ca Dabra 2 votes
    100%

(2 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 3 years ago

I'm thinking get either one of these two games to go with my Strange World.Both are great on art/gameplay but which one to choose?Or do I need to find space to buy both?

#2 3 years ago

From what I've heard, they will be a tough find in Canada, correct?

#3 3 years ago

I think Abra is more rewarding to the average player, Atlantis is a lot tougher to beat

#4 3 years ago

I just sold my abra to a friend that already had atlantis. Abra is the coolest em I've ever owned and man do i miss it. I would go with abra.

#5 3 years ago

Get Both. I did!

Ken

#6 3 years ago

Both if you have the chance.

But if only one get Atlantis.

#7 3 years ago

I think your best option is to make the problem go away and sell me your Strange World...

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I just sold my abra to a friend that already had atlantis. Abra is the coolest em I've ever owned and man do i miss it. I would go with abra.

And your friend appreciates it! It's currently apart as I'm doing the fix on the veneer on the head and also fixing up the pedestal a bit.

This is a tough, tough question. I kind of agree with Ken that Abra is a bit more forgiving that Atlantis. But that said, it is just a great, great player. Jeff Brenner didn't do many games for Gottlieb but both of these games are his and they are probably the two best wedgeheads I've ever played, and that's saying something because I love Jacks Open. I also have Jeff's Top Card and while it is good, it's not Abra or Atlantis.

If I had your issue, and I'm saying this never having played it, I'd sell Strange World and get both. If you only have room for one and you won't sell Strange World, then it would be Atlantis for me, but I'm talking by the narrowest of margins. It's just that close. They're totally different games and layouts but they're both just great in their own way.

#9 3 years ago

All these Abra's for sale, where do you find them?

That being said I have played a few games on both, and i would choose Abra. But since I want to find an Abra some day, that means you should probably go with Atlantis right now.

#10 3 years ago

A few years ago, there were lots of ABCD for sale. One theory was the theme did not appeal to more conservative type folks. Being it's such an evil wizard there!
Haven't seen them coming up often as their secret is out....it is a great playing game-as well as looker too. I have had both. I have no room, but still own Atlantis if that tells you anything. Yes, Atlantis by a slim margin.

#11 3 years ago

Another idea is to buy the Atlantis, then get a Team One (abcd's better playing aab cousin, and it's cheaper), and that way you can have all three!

-disclaimer I own a Team One and laugh at all of you hunting for a abcd.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Another idea is to buy the Atlantis, then get a Team One (abcd's better playing aab cousin, and it's cheaper), and that way you can have all three!
-disclaimer I own a Team One and laugh at all of you hunting for a abcd.

That's because you're a Wisconsin AAB guy.

#13 3 years ago

Add a Balls = bleh, Abra Ca Dabra for the win.

#14 3 years ago

I like them both but I was more partial to Abra-Ca-Dabra.

#15 3 years ago

Both. Great art, playing, the works. Just got Atlantis and still wanting ACD

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Add a Balls = bleh

You can win free balls on a replay game (5-10-15 or more), if you're good enough. With an aab you can get them during the game, if you're good enough. Variety in play and scoring is great, and many of the aab's are known as better players then their replay counterparts. Cow Poke, Dimension, Team One etc. Even Pro Pool is considered a better player than it's 2 and 4 player replay cousins. Drops reset on that one!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 2.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 93.00
$ 235.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 149.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 49.00
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside