(Topic ID: 89910)

DEATH SAVE - Pinball Short Film - Trailer Now Online!

By RyThom

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RyThom
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Hey Pinside!

For the last few months, I've been working on pre-production for a new short movie about the game we all love (not to be confused with the pinball documentary I'm also producing as seen in this thread http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-you-love-pinball-a-pinball-film-project)

This is a fiction film called DEATH SAVE, an over-the-top short film about redemption, revenge, and pinball. Filming (yes - on film) will take place over the summer with an approximate release date of October 2014.

The teaser trailer is now available to watch here: https://vimeo.com/93921540

Play it full-screen and crank it up!

A HUGE thanks for pmWolf for allowing us to shoot in his incredible basement arcade for a day!!

I'll use this thread to keep everybody posted on the production and to post announcements on how you can be involved in this fun project!

#2 9 years ago

Very interested to see how this turns out...Good luck OP

#3 9 years ago

Looking forward to seeing more. The trailer gives me hope that it's going to have a great soundtrack too.

#4 9 years ago

Wherever you filmed that, has GOT to be the coolest place ever.

(ahem)

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Wherever you filmed that, has GOT to be the coolest place ever.
    (ahem)

Thought it looked familiar

#6 9 years ago

Great teaser trailer! I like the music too.

Chris

#7 9 years ago

Awesome!!!! Can't wait to see more.

#8 9 years ago

awesome, very excited to see both projects!

#9 9 years ago

Love everything about the teaser....nice, nice job.

Rock's undercab lighting kit turned out sweet in Tron, too.

It was a very fun day of shooting. Love the slow approach up to the game.

What is the opening news clip from, anyhow?

#10 9 years ago

Haha, I knew it was his place before I even read the post (just clicked on the link). How sad is that, in the fact that I can recognize other people's houses without having ever been within 500 miles of them. : |

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Haha, I knew it was his place before I even read the post (just clicked on the link). How sad is that, in the fact that I can recognize other people's houses without having ever been within 500 miles of them. : |

Here, that's normal.

Anywhere else, and you are a stalker.

I love this group.

#12 9 years ago

Great teaser! Lookin' forward to more.

#13 9 years ago

This is awesome! Great job Ryan!

I can't wait to see the finished project. Glad our basement worked out well for you!

#14 9 years ago

you can't tease us like that.. what's the synopsis?

#15 9 years ago

Aw, shucks! Thank you all so much for the great feedback on the project and trailer! We really appreciate it! We're going to be sorting out some specifics this Friday so we can move forward with production before too long, keeping you posted all the way.

Quoted from ghostrachel:

Looking forward to seeing more. The trailer gives me hope that it's going to have a great soundtrack too.

Thank you! Even if the story falls completely flat, the movie will definitely have a sweet soundtrack Steve, my partner in crime on this project, is a criminally under-exposed musician who will be doing the complete score. We've talked about using a Yamaha YM2612 synth in places to really give it that authentic arcade warmth.

Quoted from pmWolf:

Yeah, Rock's undercab lighting kit and backbox flashers really look killer on your Tron, Pete! I especially like the flashers around the guy's head - they have a nice glow to 'em.

The opening clip is from this news story on the evils of arcade games found on YouTube:

Quoted from HumanFemale:

This is awesome! Great job Ryan!
    I can't wait to see the finished project. Glad our basement worked out well for you!

It couldn't have worked out better! You guys are the best! Now, are you guys cool with us shooting like, a third of the movie down there?

#16 9 years ago

What was this shot in? 4?

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

you can't tease us like that.. what's the synopsis?

Haha! Sorry about that I'll post a synopsis probably next week. We have a few things to get ironed out before hand.

Quoted from Pugsley:

What was this shot in? 4?

I'm pretty sure it works out to 2.77, but yeah...it's pretty dang wide We used an anamorphic projector lens mounted to a Canon 60D. The final film will be shot on Super 16mm film using a modified Krasnogorsk camera.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

Even if the story falls completely flat, the movie will definitely have a sweet soundtrack Steve, my partner in crime on this project, is a criminally under-exposed musician who will be doing the complete score. We've talked about using a Yamaha YM2612 synth in places to really give it that authentic arcade warmth.

Very cool soundtrack. I thought that music was from Tron Legacy! Well done.

#19 9 years ago

Good job. You should end trailer with back screen and the words:

Pinball is back. Winter, 2014.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

It couldn't have worked out better! You guys are the best! Now, are you guys cool with us shooting like, a third of the movie down there?

Fine by me.

Unless you do it soon, though...prepare to have a crying baby in the background for an entire third of your movie.

Pete

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

When I saw the first flash from rocks kit I knew right where this was. Looking forward to hanging with Pmwolf this weekend indeed the coolest basement ever.

#22 9 years ago

very cool!

#23 9 years ago

PINBALL IS BACK........Winter, 2014.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Is that super duper ultra wide screen?

I'm going to guess that it is 2.77

#26 9 years ago

Looks great for a teaser. Can't wait to see the finished product!

#27 9 years ago

Doing the math it's 3.56

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

Doing the math it's 3.56

Nice job, Pugsley! Steve actually just texted me saying the aspect ratio is 3.55 with the 16:9 crop of the Canon 60D and the 2x widening of the Hypergonar anamorphic lens.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/death-save-pinball-short-film-trailer-now-online and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.