(Topic ID: 80515)

Dear Stern please release ST - Metallica - Avengers code today

By HOOKED

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Well looks to be no Plans for Avenger updates.
Taken from Facebook:
We currently have no plans for any Avengers updates. If you have any suggestions for the team on anything you want to see updated please feel free to email them to [email protected].

I emailed them and told them I'm disappointed. 6 months ago I emailed them a detailed list of ideas for rules updates. SKB did also. And probably more. I hope they get a lot of emails about this. There are a couple known bugs and a couple glaring things - like spinner rules (lack thereof) - and the bonus X issues. Im pretty sure you cannot "add a ball" to AOTH and that's lame. It should be an award. Maybe a "spinner award"....spinner awards being based on # of spins and being worth more than the basic SHEILD target awards.

oh well. Another FAIL by Stern. Sometimes they really suck.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I emailed them and told them I'm disappointed. 6 months ago I emailed them a detailed list of ideas for rules updates. SKB did also. And probably more. I hope they get a lot of emails about this. There are a couple known bugs and a couple glaring things - like spinner rules (lack thereof) - and the bonus X issues. Im pretty sure you cannot "add a ball" to AOTH and that's lame. It should be an award. Maybe a "spinner award"....spinner awards being based on # of spins and being worth more than the basic SHEILD target awards.
oh well. Another FAIL by Stern. Sometimes they really suck.

Attack in the helicarrier isn't a multiball mode. Why should you be able to add a ball? I think the game is fine as it is. Needs the Thor flasher fixed but it's not a big deal. If you go into helicarrier right after winning a duel, you can keep the extra ball from the duel. But that's the only way.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

dang it. I figured with the custom speech there it would be easy to add call outs at the least.
Has anyone wrote an in depth rule sheet for it?
I can collect all of the Avengers and I got to assault the Helicarrier but that's it so far.
Have no clue how I got there. Basically at this point I just collect the Avengers then drain...now I can get further....whats next

I wrote a rule sheet for this game here when it was new. If you aren't getting past collecting the avengers, you're missing out on the best part if the game. The duels.

- assemble avenger
- collect avenger
- assemble avenger
- beat their duel

#54 10 years ago

<<We currently have no plans for any Avengers updates. If you have any suggestions for the team on anything you want to see updated please feel free to email them to [email protected]>>

So I wrote them today with two issues that need fixing since they offered to listen:
-Mystery Bonus Multipliers are too high and need to be capped at x10
-How Loki MB lights and qualifies lock can be repeated at will

Answer was super fast, "No plans for more Avengers code. Passing on your comments to staff. Have a nice day." Grrrr.

#55 10 years ago

No plans to buy any more Sterns.

OK, so don't add a ball to AOTH, but how about a ball saver and a ball saver award? Nothing sucks more than draining on a one ball (mini)wiz mode. Especially draining early. Ball saver feature would be nice.

What is your opinion on the spinner Markmon?

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Have no clue how I got there.

After you collect the Avengers you have to complete the Loki lock & that will get you to Attack on the Helicarrier.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

<<We currently have no plans for any Avengers updates. If you have any suggestions for the team on anything you want to see updated please feel free to email them to [email protected]>>
So I wrote them today with two issues that need fixing since they offered to listen:
-Mystery Bonus Multipliers are too high and need to be capped at x10
-How Loki MB lights and qualifies lock can be repeated at will
Answer was super fast, "No plans for more Avengers code. Passing on your comments to staff. Have a nice day." Grrrr.

None of these issues are big enough to get up in arms over in my opinion. I like earning huge bonuses.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

No plans to buy any more Sterns.
OK, so don't add a ball to AOTH, but how about a ball saver and a ball saver award? Nothing sucks more than draining on a one ball (mini)wiz mode. Especially draining early. Ball saver feature would be nice.
What is your opinion on the spinner Markmon?

I don't care about the spinner. The game doesn't feel like its incomplete or needing more spinner rules. I wonder if that's ramp shot would be smoother if the spinner was physically removed.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

After you collect the Avengers you have to complete the Loki lock & that will get you to Attack on the Helicarrier.

Thanks, didn't know that. Only been to atohc a few times and never knew how I got there.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

None of these issues are big enough to get up in arms over in my opinion. I like earning huge bonuses.

I don't care about the spinner. The game doesn't feel like its incomplete or needing more spinner rules. I wonder if that's ramp shot would be smoother if the spinner was physically removed.

Id like combos to register. Spinner rule would be nice. I'd like the game to be more balanced in the sense that bonuses are worth too much...needs more PF scoring. Building bonus is too random via the shield, need more skill to build the bonus.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Why don't we just remove the fuc*king spinner from our ramps then if it serves no real purpose in Avengers? It is a worthless feature that only helps block shots occasionally. The spinner in front of the ramp is probably the worst designed feature in LOTR and Gomez goes and does the same thing in Avengers but the execution is even worse since the ramp is more narrow and has a 90 degree turn in addition to the fact that the spinner does not do anything of substance. At least with LOTR, the spinner activates the ring magnet to capture the ball which is a fairly interesting feature.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Id like combos to register. Spinner rule would be nice. I'd like the game to be more balanced in the sense that bonuses are worth too much...needs more PF scoring. Building bonus is too random via the shield, need more skill to build the bonus.

Yea but mine of those are issues of completion. They are issues of "I would prefer it if you did the rules my way".

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Why don't we just remove the fuc*king spinner from our ramps then if it serves no real purpose in Avengers? It is a worthless feature that only helps block shots occasionally. The spinner in front of the ramp is probably the worst designed feature in LOTR and Gomez goes and does the same thing in Avengers but the execution is even worse since the ramp is more narrow and has a 90 degree turn in addition to the fact that the spinner does not do anything of substance. At least with LOTR, the spinner activates the ring magnet to capture the ball which is a fairly interesting feature.

Agreed. I might try removing mine. Good suggestion.

#63 10 years ago

Its complete bs if they do not fix the Thor flasher bug, and add dots and callouts to the final wizard mode. Shit, the whole third act of the movie was the climactic battle for earth. So much material to work with. And if you actually complete all heroes and get to the mode, you get a half assed code effort. THANKS STERN!

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Cool thanks for that.

I have gotten to the blah vs blah s and they were cool how do you get the final battle?

Seems the deeper I go in the game the more I like it hope when I get to the end its not a let down code wise.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Agreed. I might try removing mine. Good suggestion.

I might just try removing AVLE from my collection now. I was hoping for some nice tweaks to enjoy for another 2,000 games...but if that's all there is I've seen everything and then some. Just pisses me off. Stern blows.

#66 10 years ago

Voice your opinion to Stern. Maybe if we all just keep sending notes how we are questioning buying more machines when they don't finish the code, they'll relent and update it.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Cool thanks for that.
I have gotten to the blah vs blah s and they were cool how do you get the final battle?
Seems the deeper I go in the game the more I like it hope when I get to the end its not a let down code wise.

I haven't gotten that far yet but my understanding is you have to collect the rest of the avengers not just assemble them and I assume you hit the Loki lock to start the final battle. From what I also understand is the code is not complete for the battle for Earth and sounds like it will be a disappointment if I ever get there.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yeah, I'll never understand the spinner in front a ramp thing. Seems entirely unnecessary. Ramps are plenty fun, no need to gild the lily. LOTR ring ramp would have been fine with an opto. Spinners are much better for shots like the Monster Bash center loop.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I haven't gotten that far yet but my understanding is you have to collect the rest of the Avengers not just assemble them and I assume you hit the Loki lock to start the final battle. From what I also understand is the code is not complete for the battle for Earth and sounds like it will be a disappointment if I ever get there.

I've been to BFE a couple times now. Settings to EZ though. I won't describe it except for that its a 6 ball MB. You are NOT looking at the dots, that's for sure. I honestly can't say what's there. No wild graphics kick it off though, that's for sure. There is cool music and some nice sfx for hitting shots. But that's all I remember. Not horrible, but not good enough.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
$ 25.50
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dear-stern-please-release-st-metallica-avengers-code-today/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.