(Topic ID: 80515)

Dear Stern please release ST - Metallica - Avengers code today

By HOOKED

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Yes this is an open plea to Stern to make my snow days complete.
Figure the snow expected I will have two days of pinball bliss (assuming power does not go out).
What could be better than exploring new codes on the days off.

#2 10 years ago

+1 for Avengers code. They really need to tweak the rules on repeatedly locking balls on LOKI via the Hawkeye ramp. You can do it all day long and it ruins the game (tournaments do a physical hack I believe to limit this huge design flaw).

#3 10 years ago

...and AC/DC. Yeah, I'm selfish like that.

#4 10 years ago

AC/DC would be cool, but Metallica needs it the most! (not counting Mustang which is garbage and nobody even cares).

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

+1 for Avengers code. They really need to tweak the rules on repeatedly locking balls on LOKI via the Hawkeye ramp. You can do it all day long and it ruins the game (tournaments do a physical hack I believe to limit this huge design flaw).

I don't understand this problem. First, you have to light lock before you can lock those balls (just like any other game). And second, the Loki mb isn't worth nearly as much as some of the points you can get by defeating the duels. I think if someone played me and all they did was shoot hawkeye to get locks, I would destroy them.

#6 10 years ago

<<Loki mb isn't worth nearly as much>>

The shot also starts Hawkeye VS 2-ball MB, so you are either in Loki or Hawkeye MB all day. Don't forget that being in LOKI MB also allows any character's mode that was previously started to make progress towards completing. So regardless of what LOKI MB is worth, completing all the characters during MB is priceless. HULK MB does not allow progress.

So short plunge to Hawkeye can be repeated until LOKI MB starts. That's all tournament players end up doing. I wish it weren't so, my friend.

#7 10 years ago

You can do it all day long and it ruins the game (tournaments do a physical hack I believe to limit this huge design flaw).

Most tournaments just don't use the game because it's not all that enjoyable. Trent tried a few things with it at Expo, but it really didn't make it any more fun to play.

#8 10 years ago

So short plunge to Hawkeye can be repeated until LOKI MB starts. That's all tournament players end up doing. I wish it weren't so, my friend.

Keith shot the orbit 45 times on ball one at a Portland tournament a year or so ago.

#9 10 years ago

Tournament players make games un-fun. The fun of Avengers is assembling the Avengers, getting to Helicarrier, getting to Vs. Modes, and playing/finishing Hulk Multiball. If all you do is shoot one shot, then you deserve a non-enjoyable game.

#10 10 years ago

not counting Mustang which is garbage and nobody even cares).

LOL! Agreed

#11 10 years ago

They really need to tweak the rules on repeatedly locking balls on LOKI via the Hawkeye ramp. You can do it all day long and it ruins the game (tournaments do a physical hack I believe to limit this huge design flaw).

They'll make some tweaks. Look for lane changes to only happen on one side, ala TRS. More importantly, they need to either award less multipliers from mystery (and bonus carryover), or they need to cap the bonus multiplier at say 10x. That's the biggest exploit right now. When your bonus total is worth 10x what you earned playing a good ball, that's a problem.

I like the game, but I don't ever see it being a good tournament game. Tweaks or not. It's no IJ4, but currently, it's not much better than IJ4 (for tournament play). I've seen NES absolutely crush one on location using the multiplier only strat. (start any multiball, light and collect mystery, repeat)

#12 10 years ago

(not counting Mustang which is garbage and nobody even cares).

You've played Mustang??

#13 10 years ago

<<Loki mb isn't worth nearly as much>>
The shot also starts Hawkeye VS 2-ball MB, so you are either in Loki or Hawkeye MB all day. Don't forget that being in LOKI MB also allows any character's mode that was previously started to make progress towards completing. So regardless of what LOKI MB is worth, completing all the characters during MB is priceless. HULK MB does not allow progress.

Hulk MB does allow progress.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Zaxxis:

Most tournaments just don't use the game because it's not all that enjoyable. Trent tried a few things with it at Expo, but it really didn't make it any more fun to play.

Yawn.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Zaxxis:

Keith shot the orbit 45 times on ball one at a Portland tournament a year or so ago.

Why are you here?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Zaxxis:

Sounds like something Rain Man would do.

#17 10 years ago

<<You've played Mustang??>>

No, but I recall reading where someone claimed the whole game shuts off and forces your ball to drain after playing MB. Strange indeed. I'm just not crazy about the layout so I guess code to me on Mustang is a moot point. Just filler until something good comes along. Think they will sell about 500 worldwide. Actually, only 5 worldwide because Euro peeps hate American cars, lol.

#18 10 years ago

There are plenty of fun games that aren't tournament worthy for one reason or another. HS2 and NGG come to mind. No reason to get your feeling hurt.

#19 10 years ago

Dude, that's because its set up for a 2 min game.

Before you say a game sucks you need to understand it better.

That's just show code and quite frankly, if done right could make for a fun new category in tournaments. I hope they add that to all future pins.

#20 10 years ago

Hooked, your thread has officialy derailed I think. Should have known better then bringing up avengers. Shame on you

#21 10 years ago

Avengers, metallica, AC/DC, star trek, hell bring codes for every pin, the more the better. Nothing better than a code update to get your clients happy and come back for your new stuff. Simple basic marketing rule. Works with me.

#22 10 years ago

Ah, then perhaps you shouldn't generalize that "nobody cares"
I would love to give it a test drive, and would play it before I would go bashing it.
I will never understand how someone can just look at a game and decide it sucks, talk about not giving a pinball machine a chance.

#23 10 years ago

Mustang which is garbage and nobody even cares

Speak for yourself - I care a lot.

#24 10 years ago

The more i see/hear about mustang (especially premium or le) the more i am interested in giving it a fair chance

#25 10 years ago

Because I like pinball?

Are you here just to troll?

#26 10 years ago

Yeah I think mustang could be a sleeper hit; we have all been asking for a different type layout and the le/premium versions sound killer

#27 10 years ago

I hope the le/premium have some cool toys in it as that seems to be one of the biggest complains about the pro version. Almost $5k for the pro version and not a single toy? I hope Stern doesn't think 5 drop targets and a mini car that doesn't move is an interactive toy. ACDC Pro has the canon, MET sparky with magnet, Star Trek the moving ship with magnet, drop target and kicker. Mustang pro has...

#28 10 years ago

Bummer thought something might have popped up code wise....come on Stern....Valentines present to us..today...Friday?

#29 10 years ago

I would very much like to see them release the Metallica code as well. I'd like to buy one but I'm not going to until that code is done. If Stern is still making the game when the code gets released, they might get a new machine order from me. If not, then I'll buy on the secondary market if it ever gets done.

Jaz

#30 10 years ago

Odds that Avengers actually gets new code? No smart aleck remarks, legit curious.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Odds that Avengers actually gets new code? No smart aleck remarks, legit curious.

100%

#32 10 years ago

Since Stern hasn't mentioned or hinted at it, I'm gonna say next to none. But I hope so.

Metallica for sure.

Quoted from RDReynolds:

#33 10 years ago

<<Metallica [code] for sure>>

Yep, Metallica code by Christmas for sure, err.. I mean New Year's Day..., well on Valentine's Day for certain, err... I mean,.. oh I give up

#34 10 years ago

Avengers - 1%
Metallica - 110% GIMME FUEL GIMME FIRE GIMME DATEBAZHADIRE

#35 10 years ago

[Jim Carrey]: "What are the chances of a game like Avengers getting a software update? One in a thousand?"
[Gary Stern]: "Um, more like one in a million."
[Jim Carrey]: "So you're saying there's a chance!"

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

There are plenty of fun games that aren't tournament worthy for one reason or another. HS2 and NGG come to mind. No reason to get your feeling hurt.

Yawn.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Zaxxis:

Because I like pinball?
Are you here just to troll?

The thread is about code updates. The first words out of your mouth were " the games not that fun". Do you care if it gets a code update or not? Or are you just here to...wait for it...troll?

#38 10 years ago

Looks like Ice in the morning...hoping for another snow day....Come on Gary give us a valentine

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The thread is about code updates. The first words out of your mouth were " the games not that fun". Do you care if it gets a code update or not? Or are you just here to...wait for it...troll?

Wow... Pot calling the Kettle, eh? Who pee'd in your cereal?

Do I care about the code? Absolutely. I love the Avengers theme and if a code update comes out, then maybe it will be an more enjoyable tournament game.

#40 10 years ago

2-21 it will be

#41 10 years ago

I'm fine with 2-21.....

#43 10 years ago

Avengers..... Well I hope.... (*_*)

#44 10 years ago

ok here we are ....where is the code.

#45 10 years ago

Aren't they doing a poll asking what Metallica song players want? Guessing no Metallica code until that is done.

Still holding out hope for an Avengers update. You know, just in time for mine to show.

#46 10 years ago

It will not be 2-21

#47 10 years ago

ah 2"0" 21 lol
Well still holding out hope.

1 week later
#48 10 years ago

Well looks to be no Plans for Avenger updates.

Taken from Facebook:
We currently have no plans for any Avengers updates. If you have any suggestions for the team on anything you want to see updated please feel free to email them to [email protected].

#49 10 years ago

dang it. I figured with the custom speech there it would be easy to add call outs at the least.
Has anyone wrote an in depth rule sheet for it?
I can collect all of the avengers and I got to assault the Helicarrier but that's it so far.
Have no clue how I got there. Basically at this point I just collect the avengers then drain...now I can get further....whats next

#50 10 years ago

Been thinking that manufacturers are waiting for our feedback (I know--we have become testers) but is that not a good thing? I mean, Stern can't do 6 months of testing, can they? Enlighten me!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dear-stern-please-release-st-metallica-avengers-code-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.