Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cscmtp
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DF44EF84-493A-4A5B-8C25-015FF467639D (resized).jpeg
    mega (resized).png
    metal (resized).jpg
    goat (resized).jpg
    Sanctuary (resized).jpg
    must2 (resized).jpg
    Mustaine (resized).jpg
    a0c.gif
    ball lock (resized).jpg
    404A4689-A91B-4877-BC1D-537A711C1A42 (resized).png
    0B925747-0E95-4E39-AC65-15D674B4F645 (resized).jpeg
    2C890BCE-56F1-455D-BD71-7AD2C857C582 (resized).jpeg
    3F88F221-0F69-4F9F-BE2A-6123D1E186FD (resized).jpeg
    2A2154ED-EF85-477C-8942-A8BC50D697F6 (resized).jpeg
    7110402005bfc4564ae1d4cc83cb88628a09a79f (resized).jpg
    9FB9C452-6C77-4B8F-968F-73C1930DA8DC (resized).jpeg
    There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from dontpanicflip:

Bands that would make a better pin and likely sell better (imho): Beastie Boys, Queen, Skrillex/Knife-Party, Michael Jackson, Red Hot Chili Peppers, LED Zeppelin, Rush, Linkin Park.

Then go start another thread about those bands.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from CafeOne:

I asked Gary Stern after Maiden was official that I would love if they made a Megadeth (not sure if he knows who they are or not) , my favorite band of all time! Definitely would be my dream theme!! Ed Repka's art packages were awesome (the singles even more so than the LP covers). Zombie Yeti would do it right for sure.

Holy shit that takes me back. The cassette single art was the sickest back then and still is.

#53 5 years ago

Hopefully the LE includes an autograph from Dave Mustaine that rubs off when you remove the glass like Stern’s Wrestlemania.

#54 5 years ago
    0B925747-0E95-4E39-AC65-15D674B4F645 (resized).jpeg0B925747-0E95-4E39-AC65-15D674B4F645 (resized).jpeg
    #55 5 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

The best music theme for pinball = GWAR
    You know it
    I know it
    We all know it

Maggots Multiball!

#56 5 years ago

Lets get freaky and have Cannibol Corpse pin with clips from the Cannibol Holocaust film playing.....

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'd be in. As a lifelong metal head, I don't think you can have a conversation about the greatest metal album of all time without involving Rust in Peace.

My favorite of them all... not a bad song

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

The Conjuring movie was based off the actual Ed Warren taped recordings of Lorraine Perron, and the book written by one of the Perron daughters who lived in that house where the events took place.
    The only issue with a Megadeth pin —
    No way the backglass is wide enough to fit all the members who have been in the band! Theres been 100s of them!
    rd

The pf could like a Where's Waldo book!

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from CafeOne:

I seem to recall a recent release that was said to be a theme that would sell very poorly as well...

You are comparing Maiden to Megadeth???? The silly people on these message boards amaze me.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Problem is, Dave Mustaine is now a born again Christian and doesn't perform his Satanic songs anymore.
    Which means that all of Megadeth's best material wouldn't be in the game.

All?

You're discounting a lot of material post Peace - SFSGSW, RIP and Countdown. Hell, I like most of their catalog post Countdown... even Risk; SuperCollider was a dud but the followup "Dystopia" made up for it.

Anything with the lineup of Marty Friedman and Nick Menza (apex lineup to me), I'm down for...

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

You are comparing Maiden to Megadeth???? The silly people on these message boards amaze me.

And why not??? Could be a topic of discussion here.

#62 5 years ago

Megadeth>>>Iron Maiden IMO. My favorite metal band of all time. All the possibilities with Vic Rattlehead art and shredding music would make for a great pinball machine. Dave knows what music the fans want and I’m sure it wouldn’t disappoint. DO IT STERN!!!!

#63 5 years ago

Yes please!

And Slayer.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from Riffbear:

Yes please!

And Slayer.

Yes, Slayer is my musical dream theme but Megadeth with songs entirely from Peace and Rust would be great or mostly would do just fine. Take no Prisoners? made for pinball.

#65 5 years ago

Yes I am as far as pinball themes go. There were many naysayers that Iron Maiden wasn't popular enough of a band, and now after playing it I see a lot of people saying although I wasn't familiar with , or don't really care for Iron Maiden the game is great. I believe it is selling reasonably well.

If you base interest in theme on album sales Iron Maiden has 100 million worldwide, Megadeth is 38 million , Slayer shows 15-20 million.
    (ACDC 200 mil, Metallica 125 mil, Aerosmith 150 mil). So it appears they are hitting a smaller market with each release.

I think that is arguably a large enough fan base to merit a theme for a pinball. They have an iconic mascot and artwork in Vic, they are considered one of the founders of thrash metal, and let's face it, rock and roll and pinball mix very well.

There are definitely artists otherwise that would be deserving of a theme , but perhaps not as accessible, and in my opinion many whose music wouldn't jive too well with a game as fast as pinball.

Anywho, I'd be in on an LE.

#66 5 years ago

Like silly people who think only their opinion matters? Those people?????????

#67 5 years ago

Man Nick Menza was such a beast. I miss him so much.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Yes, Slayer is my musical dream theme but Megadeth with songs entirely from Peace and Rust would be great or mostly would do just fine. Take no Prisoners? made for pinball.

This version is no where near as good as the original. I guess this is a re-issue? LOVE the band, LOVE the song and album, but this isn't good to my ears at all.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

I guess this is a re-issue?

I have no idea, I just took the first one from the you tube list surely theres the og on there somewhere. Either way great song.

#70 5 years ago

I have no problem with this idea moving forward... as long as at some point the machine says "HELLO ME, MEET THE REAL ME!"

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

Man Nick Menza was such a beast. I miss him so much.

Dude could bend those guitar notes like no other. Hangar 18 would be so different without him.

#72 5 years ago

That was Marty Friedman on lead guitar

#73 5 years ago

Yeah sorry, got the two names mixed up.

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Perhaps change "Holy Wars" to "Pinball wars"..

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from CafeOne:

Yes I am as far as pinball themes go. There were many naysayers that Iron Maiden wasn't popular enough of a band, and now after playing it I see a lot of people saying although I wasn't familiar with , or don't really care for Iron Maiden the game is great. I believe it is selling reasonably well.
    If you base interest in theme on album sales Iron Maiden has 100 million worldwide, Megadeth is 38 million , Slayer shows 15-20 million.
    (ACDC 200 mil, Metallica 125 mil, Aerosmith 150 mil). So it appears they are hitting a smaller market with each release.
    I think that is arguably a large enough fan base to merit a theme for a pinball. They have an iconic mascot and artwork in Vic, they are considered one of the founders of thrash metal, and let's face it, rock and roll and pinball mix very well.
    There are definitely artists otherwise that would be deserving of a theme , but perhaps not as accessible, and in my opinion many whose music wouldn't jive too well with a game as fast as pinball.
    Anywho, I'd be in on an LE.

I have to say, I would have never thought they had over 38 million in album sales. Obviously a far cry for Maiden, but still very impressive. Let’s face it, pinball is a crap shoot as far as themes goes. We are a niche community and game play matters a lot, but as someone who listens to both bands, I would say with 100% confidence that Iron Maiden has a higher likelihood of converting pinball fans than Megadeth.

#76 5 years ago

I cannot buy another music pin. My wife is holding out for the Beatles.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from attitude05:

I cannot buy another music pan. My wife is holding out for the Beatles.

I wish my wife cared about pinball

#78 5 years ago

Anybody else see Megadeth open for Maiden?
    My favorite bill of the last 10 years easy.

#79 5 years ago

With Alice Cooper/Maiden close second.

#80 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure Ghost is next for Stern

#81 5 years ago

Take No Prisoners
    Take No Shit!!!!

Let’s just all agree that metal fuckin rulzes!!

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sounds sweet. I missed it. I did get to see the Suicidal Tendencies open for Slayer which was awesome and I got to see Metallica open for Ozzy when they were on the Master of Puppets tour.

#83 5 years ago

Techno shit!

#84 5 years ago

A Megadeath pin would be wicked cool but I would sell any one of my pins for a Slayer LE!

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Yes

#86 5 years ago

Surely Led Zepplin should be on the never ending list of Stern music pins? In true music pin request style - Stairway to Heaven multiball.

1 week later
    #87 5 years ago

How about we start a top 10 list of what songs should be in the game. Here's my contribution, in no specific order:

1. Wake Up Dead
    2. Holy Wars
    3. The Conjuring
    4. Peace Sells
    5. Symphony of Destruction
    6. Rust In Peace
    7. In My Darkest Hour
    8. Sweating Bullets
    9. Into The Lungs of Hell
    10. Head Crusher

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

How about we start a top 10 list of what songs should be in the game. Here's my contribution, in no specific order:
    1. Wake Up Dead
    2. Holy Wars
    3. The Conjuring
    4. Peace Sells
    5. Symphony of Destruction
    6. Rust In Peace
    7. In My Darkest Hour
    8. Sweating Bullets
    9. Into The Lungs of Hell
    10. Head Crusher

Gotta have "Hangar 18" and "Angry Again" in there.

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

More
    Gotta have "Hangar 18" and "Angry Again" in there.

+1

Honorable mentions.

They have far more than that, but those are my top 10 favorites of all time.

#90 5 years ago

I'm in for a LE. Must have Angry Again in there.

#91 5 years ago

Getting my Iron Maiden Prem this week, but it’s nly a matter of time before it plays all Megadeth songs

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

One of my all time favorite shows was in ‘92 when STP opened for Megadeth in Asheville Civic Center (small venue) and I was front row. Caught a black Megadeth wristband from Dave that stayed on my drum kit’s high hat for decades.

#93 5 years ago

Need a few songs off the new album
    Dystopia
    Last Dying Wish
    Rattlehead
    Wake Up Dead
    The Conjuring
    Peace Sells
    In My Darkest Hour
    Hook in Mouth
    Holy Wars
    Take No Prisoners
    Five Magics
    High Speed Dirt

This machine could be so awesome. Gary, talk Dave Mustsine and I’m sure he would be down to make this game!!!

#94 5 years ago

I would also add lying in state.

#95 5 years ago

Pinside general consensus about Metallica and Iron Maiden said no one would buy the pins.

Reality is those 2 pins were the fastest sold out LE’s of any.

Seems like Slayer would be a go, specially since guys in the band like pinball. And they license a ton of stuff.

Megadeth is ranked 3rd of the big 4 metal bands... Metallica obviously sold.. if Slayer sells, then I would say Megadeth for sure.

So far all the successful pins have been 80’s bands on the heavier spectrum. And all band are/were currently touring. AC/DC being the lightest metal to be successful so far.

Kiss, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, all older, all lighter rock... all failed miserably.

If I was choosing bands to do, I’d stick to stuff that’s selling...

#96 5 years ago

Slayer is done bro.
    Wanna go see em in St. Louie 8/9? You can walk back to hotel from this venue, it's killer.
    The last show. For now.

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

One of my all time favorite shows was in ‘92 when STP opened for Megadeth in Asheville Civic Center (small venue) and I was front row. Caught a black Megadeth wristband from Dave that stayed on my drum kit’s high hat for decades.

That tour was my first 'Deth concert @ Normal, Il.

My favorite: '95 Youthanasia tour in Chicago. Had front row there, buddy nabbed a drumstick from Menza. Ironic, since he's a drummer too.

#98 5 years ago

I’m in!

404A4689-A91B-4877-BC1D-537A711C1A42 (resized).png404A4689-A91B-4877-BC1D-537A711C1A42 (resized).png
    #99 5 years ago

Dear Stern.

I don't want a Megadeth pin.

However I would really appreciate it if you would build one for shacklersrevenge.

Thank you.
    LTG : )

#100 5 years ago

How would they incorporate Vic into the game?

They couldn't bring back the skull lock because he wears a steel visor.

They couldn't have him talk like Rudy because he has metal staples over his mouth.

ball lock (resized).jpgball lock (resized).jpg
    There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dear-stern-i-want-megadeth-pinball/page/2?hl=zene10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.