(Topic ID: 64518)

Dear Planetary Pinball Supply - MM remake ?

By Chippewa-Pin

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mm.jpg

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

The speculation makes for a great Pinside discussion, but it would be nice to know from someone who can speak with authority on the subject if there's any chance it will happen.

Would love to hear it's going to be JJP #3. I will gladly go through the 'WOZ wait' again and put my deposit down today.

#2 6 years ago

Something tells me after pinball expo everyone will know one way or the other...

#3 6 years ago

Can't be JJP right? They said they're only going to make widebodies.

#4 6 years ago

MM2 - Revenge of the Kings

#5 6 years ago

Do you really think they'll respond to this? Lol

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Would love to hear it's going to be JJP #3.

I don't think that will happen. JJP isn't looking 17 years back.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : No way José

#7 6 years ago

Planetary already said they were open to remakes, but PPS is not a pinball manufacturer.

JJP can't do it, they are years behind already on their single game.

That would only leave Stern.

#8 6 years ago

<blockquote cite="#

That would be weird for stern to make this with b/w parts...

#9 6 years ago

^^^^^

Quote fail

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Planetary already said they were open to remakes, but PPS is not a pinball manufacturer.

JJP can't do it, they are years behind already on their single game.

What about Spain? (marsaplay, Quetzal Pinball) skit-b? (even though last I heard they were using college students), any MM volume is good in my eyes.

#11 6 years ago

Communication from Rick at Planetary...

What has been communicated before is that PPS has the rights via wms to remake wms/bally or new title bally games ...

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yah, I'm not sure why everyone keeps thinking it would be JJP .. why not use Stern? If I was the rights holder, would I want to send 30 games out a week, or 300? *numbers pulled out of thin air, but I think Stern can crank out a lot more pins in a short amount of time*

#13 6 years ago

MM is a great game... but why bother re-making it exactly as it was?? Pinball tech has changed!

Quoted from CitznFish:MM2 - Revenge of the Kings
is probably more like it!

#14 6 years ago

Remake CC. I dont have that one.... Yet

#15 6 years ago

I think the only sure bet is that people will be remaking "MM Remake" threads for a long time to come.

#16 6 years ago

Good point about JJP and widebodies. I agree it would be weird to have a Stern with b/w parts. Why not Stern. I'm OK with that.

I know it's a longshot that there will be a remake, but it would be nice to hear if it's even in the PPS thought process.

#18 6 years ago

Why would Stern remake an old Williams? That would be a tacit admission that their own games are substandard and would essentially work against their own self interests.

#19 6 years ago

Robin, need MM remake subforum

#20 6 years ago

Having the rights to remake MM & CC and not doing would be like knowing what the winning lotto numbers were and not going down to the store to buy the ticket. PPS figure out away to make the games and we will rain cash down on you!

#21 6 years ago

Here we go......again.

#22 6 years ago

Its funny how we're all looking forward to an almost 20 year old pin instead of something new. I for one can't wait for an original, up to date (with new technology)theme. Yes,WOZ is a great start, but not really for me.Who knows maybe it's just a dream..

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

LTG : )
Disclaimer : No way José

Yeah, I think they are looking 19 years back for #3

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nope, they are looking 75 years back so far.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Nope, they are looking 75 years back so far.

right on!

#26 6 years ago

The speculation makes for a great Pinside discussion, but it would be nice to know from someone who can speak with authority on the subject if there's any chance it will happen.

If it is going to happen, and I think it is highly unlikely, I'm sure the announcement will be made at the expo.

If they don't think it will happen, they are unlikely to say that publicly because that would weaken their negotiation position with company's like Stern who they would negotiate with on the licensing fee (yep, MM will have a licensing fee this time, paid to Planetary - it will not be a license free machine, it may be more expensive for Stern or JJP to license than any movie franchise would be as the movie people view merchandise like pins as promoting the movie).

#27 6 years ago

I hope it doesn't happen. Pinball needs to be advancing forward. We don't need to revisit old themes.

I'm loving the current crop of new games.

#28 6 years ago

MM is over rated and over priced IMO. I think its fun but no more fun than any other A listing game. I would rather buy 4-5 games for the same price of MM. I don't see the point of remaking it when there are so many "new" good titles coming out. I think MB is by far a better game to play over MM.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from DirtySouth:

Why would Stern remake an old Williams? That would be a tacit admission that their own games are substandard and would essentially work against their own self interests.

This made me laugh out loud, considering all stern does is remake wpc games now.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

This made me laugh out loud, considering all stern does is remake wpc games now.

Terminator
Simpsons
Playboy
Spiderman
Indiana Jones
Rolling Stones
Star Trek

All remakes.

#31 6 years ago

it would be nice to know from someone who can speak with authority on the subject if there's any chance it will happen.

The silence is deafening. PPS shows up here all the time normally.

#32 6 years ago

And have nothing for expo?

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

At least they would have a jump start on the code

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

PPS already gave their answer:

They hold the rights to a MM remake, except for the games that Wayne-o already started.

They are agreeable to a remake being done.

PPS is not a pinball manufacturer.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from DirtySouth:

Why would Stern remake an old Williams? That would be a tacit admission that their own games are substandard

....Because they are!

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

Its funny how we're all looking forward to an almost 20 year old pin instead of something new.

Prior to each "new" release, you're *always* looking forward to a 20 year old pin!

#37 6 years ago

I think it would make more sense if PPS were to supply a drop-in populated playfield. Or better yet, maybe just a full playfield kit where you do the assembly yourself. As their focus has been mainly as a parts distributor, this type of model seems more plausible.

Scott

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

They may use the same license, but it's fatuous to say that (for example) TSPP is a "remake" of DE Simpsons, or that IJ4 is a remake of IJ. They're completely different games.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Prior to each "new" release, you're *always* looking forward to a 20 year old pin!

Magic Mike,I couldn't agree more with ya. The thing that is more of a concern is that our high priced NIB games don't have the staying power of these 20 year old ones. There are the few exceptions, but we need a decent original theme so they could be here 20 years from now. Who knows, maybe someone with a fresh idea could or has pulled it off in one of these new pin companies. Hopefully we'll know soon...

#40 6 years ago

I would put money down for one in an instant. I would also drop money down for another run of BBB if Gene would consider it.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

I would also drop money down for another run of BBB if Gene would consider it.

Gene says that there are no more MPU boards left to make any more BBBs.

He says that one of the chips was custom and would require a run of 20,000 to have them made again.

I've always wondered if the P-roc could be the solution to that problem?

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think the silence from them is a good thing... at least at this point in time. If it was out of the question, then I would imagine PPS would have said so already. I'm sure they've seen the thread as it has their name in the title!

For those who don't think the remake is a good idea, that's fine. There are many who would like Stern or JJP skipping their next unplanned title for a MM remake. Keep in mind that they are in business to make money. If there's money to be made, then it will happen. If it's successful, then there will be more remakes. If it's not, there won't be.

An Expo announcement would be really cool. I'll bring my checkbook just in case.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from sparkup:

I hope it doesn't happen. Pinball needs to be advancing forward. We don't need to revisit old themes.

Says the guy with an original MM in his collection and two in his history.

mm.jpg

#44 6 years ago

I would put a deposit down.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Says the guy with an original MM in his collection and two in his history.

Jealous?

Fact I have only owned 1, I had problems when I first joined pinside in setting up my collection and I removed them.

I own 2 new sterns and are seriously considering getting a 3rd. I enjoy the new games and simply pinball needs to move forward and advance to attract new people.

The only people who bitch about prices or other peoples collections are those who are jealous!!!

#46 6 years ago

Actually I am jealous, wish I had a MM, unless it's remade I will never be able to get one without winning the lottery. Point?

#47 6 years ago

If Stern would continue to focus on improving the quality, innovation, fun, and technology of new games, after a few years everyone would want used Sterns instead of 90's B/W titles and this conversation would go the way Williams did . . .

#48 6 years ago

Actually I am jealous, wish I had a MM, unless it's remade I will never be able to get one without winning the lottery. Point?

So, the house that you live in and the car that you drive is worth less than a MM?

Forget a MM, I hope that you win the lottery to upgrade your living standards.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from GoChiefs70:

If Stern would continue to focus on improving the quality, innovation, fun, and technology of new games, after a few years everyone would want used Sterns instead of 90's B/W titles and this conversation would go the way Williams did . . .

Let's be real. Gary Stern doesn't give a flying flip about innovation and quality.

The man is pushing 70 and is trying to milk every dollar out of the home market that he can before he retires.

He tried to retire years ago but could not sell the business.

#50 6 years ago

unless it's remade I will never be able to get one without winning the lottery

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

So, the house that you live in and the car that you drive is worth less than a MM?

Forget a MM, I hope that you win the lottery to upgrade your living standards.

Wow, dude.
My living conditions have nothing to do with me not seeing any reason to justify $15k for a pinball machine. Some of us would like an affordable MM remake. Are you suggesting I sell my car for a toy? No need to be a pin-snob. Nice collection. Some of us don't have that kind of disposable income. No call to rub my face in it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside