41 days ago

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 days ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinball qc jpeg (resized).JPG
    AABA2C4A-EA04-4B16-B46E-C5D62C7E2E1C (resized).jpeg
    3D4598CF-23EB-43C3-BAD9-8C93B20C74C7 (resized).jpeg
    DSC00715 (resized).JPG
    20150517_153112_1600 (resized).jpg
    38CDAFF2-42DA-4527-9062-991E3ECEF410 (resized).jpeg
    975F91A4-968E-45A9-AFA7-4BF6A443FA72 (resized).jpeg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 39 days ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

Proposed Solution. Two digital levels should be installed under the playfield (front and back) that report back to the display.

No need for "two digital levels". A single 3-axis accelerometer will do the trick. As Zitt mentioned above, we've implemented digital level GUI elements into our P3 machine. They get their data from the accelerometer on the P3-ROC controller board, which is mounted under the playfield. Also, the machine is designed for all of the legs/feet to be at the same length for 6.5-degree playfield pitch.

We're happy to work with other manufacturers to help them implement digital leveling and force-based features into their games.

- Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

#52 38 days ago
    Quoted from gstellenberg:

No need for "two digital levels". A single 3-axis accelerometer will do the trick. As Zitt mentioned above, we've implemented digital level GUI elements into our P3 machine. They get their data from the accelerometer on the P3-ROC controller board, which is mounted under the playfield. Also, the machine is designed for all of the legs/feet to be at the same length for 6.5-degree playfield pitch.
    We're happy to work with other manufacturers to help them implement digital leveling and force-based features into their games.
    - Gerry

Gerry can I just say your the best. I just love what you have done with certain things in the P3 system and the P3-ROC stuff. Thanks.

#53 38 days ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

An op with 30 years experience sent me this recently: “A weird thing on the Beatles: the pitch gauge was saying to jack up the front legs”.
    One of my players sent me this pic of the final setup
    [quoted image]
    Sorry if you’re reading this Mr Operator, but please know that I’m putting the blame on the manufacturers here, not you!

My buddy’s games look like that at home. His floor is like a bath tub. I’m shocked he’s able to level them.

#54 38 days ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Great points and suggestions in this thread.
    Learning the tricks from this thread isn't good enough - I want it to be fool proof for those who aren't aware and are being tricked into setting up games poorly at home or on location!!!

Put the back legs even with the collar, front legs all the way in.

Adjust side to side as needed.

#55 38 days ago

Don’t blink or deeproot will patent self leveling pinball machines and you will never level a dr pinball again.

#56 38 days ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Gerry can I just say your the best. I just love what you have done with certain things in the P3 system and the P3-ROC stuff. Thanks.

Thank you. I sincerely appreciate that.

- Gerry

#57 38 days ago

As an operator, I know for sure some of the people who come to our arcade are sophisticated pinball players and care very much about the condition and whether I as the operator am taking steps to make sure the machine works as it should. This does impact $ revenue. The bubble and levelness is only part of the issue and I TOTALLY agree I wish they weren't there.

We're considering implementing a proactive QC program this year where we become more transparent with the customer regarding the checks and repairs we make to these complex machines. Attached is a draft sample of the small card I will be leaving inside the glass or on the corner of the of the backbox in the near future. It is not without risk and will take even more of my time to manage. But I do believe it will help customers understand that we do our best to take care of the machines and appreciate their taking the time to come out and play.

pinball qc jpeg (resized).JPG
    #58 38 days ago

You should put a "machine malfunctioning?" Please text xxx-xxx-xxxx

Or something like that on there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 104.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 269.00
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 27.99
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Z
    Playfield - Protection
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside