Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by the9gman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Budman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

not so much burned but you know you are going to have to work on something to get the game right. My frustration comes from this......
    About two months ago I took my son in law with me to pick up a game on the way home he asked me to stop at his uncles house on the way home an pick up a pin that was given to him. My son in law has brain cancer and at the time he still had tubes in his head. The pin was an old shoot a line Bingo machine that was at his grandfathers house when he was growing up. The game was in an outside shed and was not in good shape, matter of fact the lower cabinet was falling apart on the way home. Got it home and looked at it and everything was rusted to the point that none of the score motor and score reels would even turn. I told him it was beyond repair and I could tell he was disappointed. I sensed it was some child hood memory or some connection to his gran dad.
    I couldn't believe there was actually one of these on the net
    I grilled the guy and asked him if everything worked his answer was consistently yes
    so I drove three hours to get the machine and got there and the score credits didn't work ....to me that's 90 percent of the machine
    and he was like yea that doesn't work
    unfortunately I'm in a time crunch cause I don't know how long this kid has to live so I gave the guy the money and took the machine
    did a bunch of work on it today and did get the credits to work somewhat
    still have problems with it locking up occasionally but some how some way I'm going to try and get this working and give it to the kid for his birthday next month
    the upside is the back glass from his old machine is one of a kind and fits in this one
    I may need to find a bingo guy on this forum to give me a hand

Vic Camp from NJ, is on Pinside “campgames”. He will know of someone that can help you. Vic is a great guy, owns a bunch of pins and Bingos as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Budman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dealing-with-regular-people?tu=Budman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.