(Topic ID: 84708)

Dealing with playfield inserts that are concave

By GPS

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

Hello All,

Thought there was a source out there that had self adhesive small round plastic disks if you will with varying center thickness' that would compensate for playfield inserts that have become concave. Any one else out there have contact information?

Thank you,

George

#2 10 years ago

there is a guy that sells them but i can't recall who it is at the moment. i bought a set of circle cutting punches off eBay for cheap for another project. i've never used them to cut material for inserts so i can't comment on that but the cutters themselves work great. with a set of these and some nylon and/or mylar stock you could make all the circles in any size for just about any insert.photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#3 10 years ago

Vid has a huge number of post on fixing concave inserts. I beleive via an eye-dropper using automotive Clear Coat.
    I've also seen it done via super glue. I dont think clear stickers are going to get you a nice flat surface.

#4 10 years ago

I've had good success with this:
    How to fix cupped inserts using UV windshield repair resin (a work in progress)
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-fix-cupped-inserts-using-uv-windshield-repair-resin-a-work-in-progress

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dealing-with-playfield-inserts-that-are-concave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.