(Topic ID: 136291)

dealing with anal buyers and sellers

By daddyxxx

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 8 years ago

What I hate is when someone comes to your house, looks over the UNSHOPPED game thoroughly, then calls you back a week later to tell you what's wrong with the game, and wants a partial refund (buyers remorse).

I just say, nope.....this game was sold to you as is, you had every opportunity to look it over......BUT I WILL TAKE IT BACK FOR A FULL REFUND. Then never sell them a game ever again. You don't want someone like that with your game, to bad mouth your reputation, saying you made them a bad deal. So take the game back and sell it to someone else.

If I go to your house, look over the game, and negotiate a price to buy it.....its on me. More and more people want sh*t for free, and must want you to warranty a 20 year old game, but don't want to pay a retail prices.

#35 8 years ago

I had this one, sold a 15 year old routed game in very good condition, guy says he will take it. Once paid, his wife began to point out every scratch, blemish on the game, as if it should have been perfect, what are we going to do about this? There is a scratch on top of the head we didn't see.

Here....take your money back....see ya

#37 8 years ago

How about the guy that shows up with a check book, and is offended you won't take his $4800 check?

#38 8 years ago

How about the guy that comes, says I will take these 2 games, pays a deposit, you package them up so they are ready to go for pick up day. The guy shows up expecting his deposit back, because he changed his mind. What's the point of a deposit then? Unpackage the games and put them back.....

Ever had a guy put a deposit down, and take 4 months to pick it up?

Sorry, been doing this along time

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I hate sending a million pictures. I'm not a good photographer and prefer a buyer just examines the game himself. I think I've lost tons of sales from just not taking all the requested pictures. I like doing business in person to make sure everyone is happy and I can point out any flaws.

Oh man, this exactly me. I especially hate when someone local makes you start jumping through hoops, just come look at it.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

I guess...but I couldn't imagine actually doing this. I've never had one of my buyers do this either. Fortunately, whenever I've had an issue, the seller/restorer has been easy to work with. I have no problem with someone contacting me after the sale.

I take the glass off, go into service menu and cycle solenoids etc. insect the boards and connectors. Seem crazy not to open the hood if you are spending several thousand.....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dealing-with-anal-buyers-and-sellers?tu=ovfdfireman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.