• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 7.27.03 AM (resized).png
InkedInkedpinball_LI (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I'm trying to revive a Williams Dealer's Choice from the dead. I have a fuse that keeps blowing, labeled as fuse 3 in the picture attached. Would a rectifier keep blowing this fuse? I remember reading somewhere that Williams rectifiers of this era are prone to always go out. If it is not a rectifier, what else could it be?

InkedInkedpinball_LI (resized).jpgInkedInkedpinball_LI (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Try to determine when it's happening. Is it blowing during reset or play? If during play, does i happen after you hit something specific on the playfield? I'd also recommend a visual inspection of all coils looking for one that appears browned or burned and different than he others.

#3 2 years ago

I doubt it is being caused by a failed rectifier. When rectifiers go bad, typically the diodes in one or both legs will open circuit and either cause a reduction in DC voltage output or no voltage at all.

#4 2 years ago

I can see in the picture that it's a 15A fuse. Where does that lead to on your schematic? I can't quite make out the wire colors but you should be able to from looking at your machine. The schematic is at the IPDB site,

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 7.27.03 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-18 at 7.27.03 AM (resized).png
#5 2 years ago

I now notice fuse 1 & 2 are 6 volts, so they must be the ones on the left side of the diagram powering the lights.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dealer-s-choice-fuse-blowing?hl=runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.