Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by MikeO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago

You didn't mention how proficient you are with a solder iron, a meter, and reading a schematic. I actually like working on EMs over newer games for the simplicity and lack of boards. If you have even marginal skills in the above, you too can bring an EM back to life.

Quick Draw is a really fun game - particularly if you're a drop target fan. As with any older game, the things you want to pay attention to are the things that are not easily corrected - the pf condition and the backglass. If these are in a condition acceptable for the long term, the rest really can be fixed, reworked or replaced. I would love to have a Quick/Fast Draw with a decent pf and backglass for $300 - or even better at $250.

#8 11 years ago

The pics are rather limited. I wouldn't worry about the flipper...looks like the left should probably be replaced as well...but that's something I normally do as part of a shop job.

I can't tell from the pics if there is wear outside of the kick-out holes. Those areas are typically down to wood - and condition here generally means how big a patch of art is missing. Otherwise the pf looks intact, if not a bit dirty. As long as there is minimal planking, it looks like it'd clean up nicely.

It looks like the coin door is open already. I replace mine with keyless locks, but they are easily replaced with a working lock. The other questions is if the backbox key is available, or is it already open/cover missing. The key will normally be on the hook behind the coin door - sometimes even after someone has drilled the lock from the back cover because they couldn't find the key. If the keys are not available and the locks are locked, you will want/need to drill them - if only to get to the backbox bolts to lower the head for shipping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deal-on-old-quick-draw-help-with-appraisal-advice-on-purchase?tu=wizzardz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.