Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BestShot31
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8193.JPG
IMG_8192.JPG
IMG_8186.JPG
IMG_8164.JPG
IMG_8174.JPG
IMG_8162.JPG
IMG_8158.JPG
IJ.jpg
DH.jpg
Ijdh1.jpg
Cast-of-My-Name-is-Earl-my-name-is-earl-119310_500_334.jpg
IMG_8154.JPG
IMG_8155.JPG
IMG_8157.JPG
IMG_8156.JPG
IMG_8142.JPG

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I was dealing with a route operator about 4 years ago. I bought all of his games for excellent prices.
He mentioned me at the time that he has two more games on location, but he did not visit that location for 2 years and did not know (or care) if his games were there anymore.
He called me last week and said me that the location owner called him and asked him about the games, because he had some guy interested in them. He asked me if I want the games.
I said sure. I took a day off today and headed with him to pick up the games.
The games were there sitting unplugged. IJ is an early production version with lost plastic and display panel with holes for jackpot lamps. It has a faded cabinet and missing fighter plane, but that is about it.
DH will be in nice shape once I clean it.
IJ had remote mounted battery pack and DH was without batteries so there is no battery damage on CPU boards.
The best thing is that the op gave me the games for free.
On the way back we stopped by another ex operator, who gave me some spare parts (targets, metal posts, rubbers, coil stops, ...), which he had laying around for - you can guess how much -- free.
Below are some photos of the games still loaded in his van and a photo of spare parts.
It was a good day pinball wise .
IMG_8140.JPGIMG_8142.JPGIMG_8143.JPGIMG_8147.JPGIMG_8149.JPGIMG_8152.JPG

#3 4 years ago

Wow. Good for you man

#4 4 years ago

Believe me. More free spare parts from the second op tomorrow . Pics to follow .

Post edited by rygar: Spelling.

#5 4 years ago

Wow. Just Wow! Looks like you loaded them up in a hurry

Great haul, but you made the mistake of telling us what you paid (or didn't pay). LOL

Enjoy them!

Chris

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Wow. Just Wow! Great haul, but you made the mistake of telling us what you paid (or didn't pay). LOL
Enjoy them!
Chris

Does not matter, I am keeping the games .
Thanks.

#7 4 years ago

More like deal of the century.

#8 4 years ago

It was a reference to another thread, LOL.

You must have had a ton of Pinball Karma stored up to fall into a deal like that!

Hope they give you many fun returns!

Chris

#9 4 years ago

Rygar - if you don't want to keep that Indy, I'd be happy to pay you at least double what you got it for.

Maybe, even triple.

#10 4 years ago

Deal of the week? ya right...more like deal of the century!! VERY NICE!!

#11 4 years ago

Wow, good for you! It looks like "banking" good will paid off for you!

#12 4 years ago

Congrats on the outstanding "deal of the week".

I hope you enjoy those machines for years to come!

Marcus

#13 4 years ago

Wow! What a find. Congrats and enjoy the games in good health. It's awesome to hear of stories like this - although it makes me very jealous.

#14 4 years ago

Next you're going to tell us there's an original copy of the Declaration of Independence inside IJ.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Wow! What a find. Congrats and enjoy the games in good health. It's awesome to hear of stories like this - although it makes me very jealous.

No need to be jealous. This is a result of 15 years in the hobby. Once you stop looking for deals the deals will find you.

#16 4 years ago

I knew I left my games laying around somewhere.. Thanks for bringing them home safe need my address?

Great Deal!

JJ

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Next you're going to tell us there's an original copy of the Declaration of Independence inside IJ.

I have checked out, no such luck . Just broken hand of fate plastic and a bunch of tokens plus one coin . Inside DH there is a copy of the manual plus tokens.

#18 4 years ago

Congrats!

#19 4 years ago

UFB! Congratulations Rygar. I guess all those Karma points came in handy.

#20 4 years ago

Wow. Where did this all happen? That's crazy.

#21 4 years ago

Looks like eastern europe .

#22 4 years ago

No sh*t.

One man's annoyance, another man's fortune.
Damn I love this hobby

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

It was a reference to another thread, LOL.
You must have had a ton of Pinball Karma stored up to fall into a deal like that!
Hope they give you many fun returns!
Chris

14 million karma points in a year - i would say so

#25 4 years ago

I need to send you a Pinside Dick of the Day shirt just for posting this.

Seriously.

#26 4 years ago

Awesome score man. Major congrats.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

No need to be jealous. This is a result of 15 years in the hobby. Once you stop looking for deals the deals will find you.

No doubt, just fill all of your available space until you can't make room for a single machine.....then the deals will pop up like crazy!

#28 4 years ago

hells yea. love those deals

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

No doubt, just fill all of your available space until you can't make room for a single machine.....then the deals will pop up like crazy!

Totally true. I will be only able to fire up and thoroughly inspect those two in next week. At the moment they are staying at my friends place.

#30 4 years ago

Congratulations!!!!! enjoy your games!!!

#31 4 years ago

I'll give you twice what you paid for that DH. Okay, make it five times what you paid!

(Was going to say "pics or it didn't happen" - but you spoiled that by posting pics right off.)

#32 4 years ago

Wow, that's the best deal I've ever heard of! Congrats

#33 4 years ago

That's awesome! Now just to wait for the day I'll get a deal like this

#34 4 years ago

Holy hell. What a snag. Congrats. Get those looking mint and don't get rid of them!

#35 4 years ago

Aw, crap. I opened this thread thinking you bought my friend's NIB Tron LE:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-tron-le-fs

Now THAT'S a deal!!!

This one's just okay. Enjoy!

#36 4 years ago

Lucky!!! You need to pay forward some good deeds now to keep good juju going!!!

#37 4 years ago

Nice, very nice! Congrats, it does not get any better than that

#38 4 years ago

Awesome!
(I hate you - )

#39 4 years ago

As promised - pics of another bunch of free parts from other op. Metal hardware, plastic posts, electronic parts. Both parts cabinets were included. Also heard some really good operator stories from back in the old days. That was priceless.

IMG_8157.JPG IMG_8156.JPG IMG_8155.JPG IMG_8154.JPG
#40 4 years ago

Got a Lockdown bar that would fit a stern Big Game? haha.

#41 4 years ago

holy parts for free batman???? score of the decade all the way around, awesome man!

#43 4 years ago

Wow! Congrats!

Sounds like the deal of a lifetime

#44 4 years ago

scoooooooooooooooore

#45 4 years ago

Awesome!

#46 4 years ago

This guy had a 50+ machines route (all of them gone 10+ years ago) and just wanted that stuff out of his garage. There are some other items in his other garage (he remembers fuses for sure and some legs). I will probably go there next week to pick that stuff up.

#47 4 years ago

Sometimes you just reach a point in life when you want to clear it all out. Good for him for recognizing it. And good for you. He obviously appreciated something you did in the course of your dealings.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Jopper:

Sometimes you just reach a point in life when you want to clear it all out. Good for him for recognizing it. And good for you. He obviously appreciated something you did in the course of your dealings.

True. He could see my passion for pinball when we were talking about his operator days. He is a friend of the guy who gave me DH and IJ.

#49 4 years ago

Does somebody know which game is the small metal wireform from?

#50 4 years ago

Wow. All the operators I talk to just hang up on me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside