Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_(26).JPG
photo_(25).JPG
photo_(24).JPG
photo_(23).JPG
photo_(22).JPG
#1 11 years ago

Picked up a Diner today for $300. Routed from an Op, but cabinet in really nice shape, translite awesome, CpU working well, plastics, etc. Looks like I've got a Zener diode to replace in HV power supply or the alpha numeric one, haven't even gotten off the truck yet to test that. Worst thing about machine is a rough playfield. Likely want to buy a repro, NOS or used playfield in better shape, but even addressing all that will still be half what machine is worth. Try to get pics up if any are interested this afternoon.

#2 11 years ago

deal and then some. A decent condition one is worth easily $1500. One williams I'm dying to play, never got a chance to yet

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Try to get pics up if any are interested this afternoon.

is that an offer to sell? I'll give you $400.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

is that an offer to sell? I'll give you $400.

I'm looking forward to cleaning her up and keeping in the collection awhile. However, there's a good chance after I enjoy it for awhile that it might get listed on here one day. Kind of outed what I got it for, but had to brag to someone

#6 11 years ago

Some quick iPhone pics. Really happy with everything but playfield. Looks like someone did a shoddy job tearing mylar off and ripped a lot of paint up in the middle. Hoping between some decals and touch up though, it might be OK. Willing to switch p/fs if I could find one, but man what a job that is...

photo_(22).JPGphoto_(22).JPG photo_(23).JPGphoto_(23).JPG photo_(24).JPGphoto_(24).JPG

#8 11 years ago

You definitely got a steal.

Diner is a great system 11 machine.

I doubt mine will ever leave my collection.

Keep the pics coming as you clean her up.

#9 11 years ago

I hope you were wearing a ski mask with that steal. Awesome find! I'm very jealous!

#10 11 years ago

If you have a WW on the other side of that ES, you have one heck of a SYS11 line up!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

If you have a WW on the other side of that ES, you have one heck of a SYS11 line up!

Funny you should mention, I've already shaken hands on a WW as my next machine. Actually shook well before I even knew about this one, but planning to pick up near end of February.

#12 11 years ago

From that pic... That playfield dosnt look that bad at all.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

From that pic... That playfield dosnt look that bad at all.

I think it looked a little worse at his place. Once we got it off the truck and situated it looked a little better than first impressions. gave me I'm going to try to clean and go the decal set way followed by a clear coat and it actually might turn out pretty darn nice for a lot less than switching out the p/f which was my first thought.

#14 11 years ago

Wow. What a deal!

#15 11 years ago

nice score. Deals are out there. Your not going to find them on here tho. Have to do your legwork.

#16 11 years ago

nice pickup for sure, would have loved to got that deal.

#17 11 years ago

Nice deal playfield looks like you can work with it and make it a decent players game. I have had two and love the game. My current one I bought out of a warehouse in Las Vegas for $250.00 and it looks GREAT! Of course that was 10 years ago but their are some deals still to be found!

Rob

#18 11 years ago

Great pickup for an epic price!!!

#19 11 years ago

nice find!!!

2 weeks later
#22 11 years ago

Just figured I'd through a quick update picture here. Here's the current progress on tear down. I'm still cleaning ramps, but p/f has been cleaned thoroughly, touched up in some small spots and re-decaled heavily. All the decals fit perfectly outside of the two big ones -- "Diner" and "People", but they aren't off enough to matter on a player's machine.

I'm replacing all the lamps and rubbers (had to order more...damn rubber kits are never right). New display will be in soon from Marcos as well as new "plasic people" for backbox (they were missing on one side). Once she's completely back together I've got one coil to address and some flashers (though I think the new lamps will remedy some of the flasher issues). Hoping to have her back to 100% within about 10 days if I can find the time. Looks like final cost including price of the machine will be right around $750-800.

photo_(26).JPGphoto_(26).JPG

#23 11 years ago

First game I ever bought.1992.Doubled my money a few years later.Nice score for you!

#24 11 years ago

Looking good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bartlett, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deal-of-day-diner-300 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.