Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

So on Thursday a guy that I know texted me and asked if I wanted 2 machines. He was going to list them on CL for $800, but would let me have them for $500.

A Spirit of 76 and an OXO.

How could I say no.

Sight unseen I told him I would take them. I'm not picking them up until next weekend.

Now where to put them and how to tell the Supreme Commander (wife). I'm a walking breathing dead man.

He claims the OXO completely resets, but the pop targets no workee.

The SO76 has rollover issues where it keeps racking up points.

I'm gonna stick one in my shed out of sight until I can make room and hold on to your hats I think I'm going to store one at our friends Chris's place. We texted back and forth. I was trying to get him to take one, but he already has too many projects. But his does have a spot to store it for me.

Now where to pout them. I only have room for 4 so I need to get rid of at least one.

I'm thinking of selling either my Flip Flop or the Flip A Card. The Flip Flop still runs slow until it warms up so whether I keep it or not I will probably be starting a thread on your thoughts on how to fix that.

But only to a good home. So we'll see.

More to follow including pictures.

Stay tuned.

If I live

Bert

#2 9 years ago

Self-Test: What are the Signs of Pinbalism?

1. Do you buy heavily when you are disappointed, under pressure or have had a quarrel
with someone?
2. Can you handle more Pinballs now than when you first started to buy them?
3. Have you ever been unable to remember part of the previous evening, even though
your friends say you didn’t pass out after playing pinball?
4. When playing pinball with other people, do you try to have a few extra games when others
won’t know about it?
5. Do you sometimes feel uncomfortable if pinball is not available?
6. Are you more in a hurry to get your first game of the day than you used to be?
7. Do you sometimes feel a little guilty about your pinball?
8. Has a family member or close friend express concern or complained about your pinball?
9. Have you been having more memory “blackouts” recently?
10. Do you often want to continue playing after your friends say they’ve had enough?
11. Do you usually have a reason for the occasions when you play heavily?
12. When you’re sober, do you sometimes regret things you did or said while playing?
13. Have you tried switching from EM's to SS's, or following different plans to control your
buying?
14. Have you sometimes failed to keep promises you made to yourself about controlling or
cutting down on your buying?
15. Have you ever had a BWI (buying while intoxicated) or BUI (buying under the influence
of pinball) violation, or any other legal problem related to your pinball?
16. Do you try to avoid family or close friends while you are buying pinballs?
17. Are you having more financial, work, school, and/or family problems as a result of
your buying pinballs?
18. Has your physician ever advised you to cut down on your buying?
19. Do you eat very little or irregularly during the periods when you are buying pinballs?
20. Do you sometimes have the “shakes” in the morning and find that it helps to have a
“little” Pinside, RGP or pinballnews of some kind?
21. Have you recently noticed that you can’t buy as much as you used to?
22. Do you sometimes play for several days at a time?
23. After periods of buying pinballs, do you sometimes see or hear things that aren’t there?
24. Have you ever gone to anyone for help about your pinball?
25. Do you ever feel depressed or anxious before, during or after periods of heavy playing?
26. Have any of your blood relatives ever had a problem with pinball?

#3 9 years ago

Supreme commander. Lol

Remember its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

#4 9 years ago

When you reach about 15-16 games, they're easier to hide among the herd.

#5 9 years ago

Since Halloween is close and if you get caught like a star trek character in a red shirt best say the pinballs are future coffins for a scary decoration you plan on building.
At the very least it will buy some time till it hits the fan.
Trick or treat commander honey.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

When I reached 15 games it will be in my own house. After she throws all my stuff on the front lawn .

4 or 5 is about all I can fit in the finished section of the basement that my kids and their friends don't inhabit.

Once they move out after college (fingers crossed) it will open up a little more space.

#7 9 years ago

I am tempted to pick up a "temporary" game for my haunted halloween arcade.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Easy for you to say. My 14 year-old usually busts me (by asking in front of the SC), "Dad, when/where did you get that new game???"

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Easy for you to say. My 14 year-old usually busts me (by asking in front of the SC), "Dad, when/where did you get that new game???"

Wow, I think I started a trend. The "SC"

What's really funny is that my SC appreciates being called that. My business partner will call her that and she just smiles.

#10 9 years ago

"All your Base Are Belong to Us"

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

My 14 year-old usually busts me

I believe that you need to slip the bouncer a $20 to keep his mouth shut.

#12 9 years ago

your unmarried friends are good storage locations

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

When I reached 15 games it will be in my own house. After she throws all my stuff on the front lawn .
4 or 5 is about all I can fit in the finished section of the basement that my kids and their friends don't inhabit.
Once they move out after college (fingers crossed) it will open up a little more space.

**** I assume she doesn't visit this website *********

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from JKnPA:

**** I assume she doesn't visit this website *********

Nope.

But she wouldn't disagree with anything I've said.

So even if she saw it she'd just agree.

Yes I would be dead if I brought another one home without getting rid of a couple.

She has no issue with me bringing one back from the dead and playing with it for awhile and then moving on to the next one. She doesn't even care that I don't make any money on them. As long as I break even.

The problem is that I fall in love with some and don't want to move them on.

#15 9 years ago

Remember it's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

The problem is that I fall in love with some and don't want to move them on.

Yup, This is my problem too!!

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from novaguy:

Remember it's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

The motto of the divorced man...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deal-i-couldnt-refuse-the-supreme-commander-is-gonna-kill-me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.