You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l1600 (resized).jpg
IMG_0036 (resized).JPG
IMG_3393 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

This post has been rename to help pinsiders figuring out their deadworld mod problem. Little on google at the moment and nothing up to date. Please skip first post. Thanks. Lou

Hi
I received and installed deadworld mod on my JD. It needs some tuning because de magnet release every ball too soon. However, I also got these pieces attached to the mod...I have no clue where they go or what I should do. I found little help with google so I hope you can help.
Thanks
Lou

IMG_3393 (resized).JPGIMG_3393 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Small round piece is novelty key chain dead world ring. Other is for the bottom of the ball trough to protect/prevent the ball from sitting in any divots

#3 7 years ago

And nice collection by the way.

#4 7 years ago

Thanks pinrob!

#5 7 years ago

Any quick fix for my lazy crane that drop the ball too soon? It picks the ball but let it go like half an inch before the opto.

#6 7 years ago

Do you mean it's dropping the ball near the orange line here and not where the correct red line position is?IMG_0036 (resized).JPGIMG_0036 (resized).JPG

#7 7 years ago

And try and edit the topic heading so other Pinsiders will chime in on how to fix the "Judge Dredd ball drop early problem"
Mine also drops a little early but doesn't have any negative affect. I did try to adjust the crane position but could not get it over to the left any as the crane rod was keyed on the top and maybe the bottom where the Allen screw went in.

#8 7 years ago

Exactly. Orange line!
A) the crane too slow
B) The magnet timing not long enough.

Not sure how I can rename a topic.

#9 7 years ago

Bottom right corner of first post there is an edit button (small pen/pencil icon)- that should allow you to get into edit Mode and the title should be there too for editing. I think

#10 7 years ago

Done. Hoping some will share their experiences. Thanks pinrob.
Lou

#11 7 years ago

Now we need to move the thread to the Tech section. Is a moderator able to do that?

#12 7 years ago

There are a couple of good threads that help with the crane adjustment, also, sorry but I disagree the title, this is a crane adjustment issue.
You can go to this link, it will explain how to adjust the crane...there is one big tip that's missing in that site, the crane actually behaves differently during the test mode and game mode, so in order to test your adjustment I suggest you start a game and load the balls in the planet by hand. I say this because I tried adjusting the crane in the test mode and it never picked the ball, I thought about this later and it may have just been the fact the coin door was open. I just wanted you to know that. Basically you have 2 adjustments, the crane and the plant stopping point. First make sure the ball is stopping under the crane magnet, then adjust the crane so when it dips down there is a good snap. Now as far as the crane movement to the far left, the only things that will make the crane sloppy is a worn guide bracket or a bent crane arm. The website I listed shows you what I mean. I attached a pic of the arm bracket it's the metal end piece with a slot.

http://www.iobium.com/tuning_judge_dredd_for_the_locki.htm

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago

Thanks Kvan99. Really appreciated!
Problem solved!

#14 7 years ago

I solved this problem by adding a drop target spring, between the front top corner of the crane, to the wooden side rail, pulls the crane over far enough the it doesn't miss.
spring is fine enough that you don't really notice it.

#15 7 years ago

No prob...I forgot to mention, on my machine the crane adjustment that was needed was the crane lifter rod, you see the pic above, there are 2 rods one of them lifts/drops the crane when in position over the ball, the other swings it. The lifting rod has a helmet nut on a screw, you can raise or lower the screw to adjust the crane height.
Also see the pic, the black plastic ring on the crane, if you inspect it you'll see that it has a dip in one section on the face. This depression is what makes the crane dip down and grab the ball of the planet. In most case you don't have to adjust this part. But if you do, you will need a small Allen key wrench. Do not over tighten it, the key will break in the plastic ring if you over torque it.

#16 7 years ago

Everything's working perfect now. One of the greatest mod to add on a game!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Everything's working perfect now. One of the greatest mod to add on a game!

What did you do to get to go to the left more?

#18 7 years ago

By removing the slack from the moving rod.

4 years later
#19 2 years ago

What controls the duration of the magnet hold. My crane is correctly adjusted and it snaps up balls no problem, the magnet just releases too soon and it often misses the opto so the game thinks a ball is still in deadworld.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadworld-mod-weird-pieces and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.