“JP Pro, JP Prem, or DP Pro”

• JP Pro 25 votes
    14%
  • JP Prem 95 votes
    52%
  • DP Pro 62 votes
    34%

(182 votes)

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

Just thought I'd update since I started this thread 5 months ago and was debating whether to get one or the other. Well, I did bring home a JP Prem and the T-Rex head is such a great addition to the game. It really adds character and ambience, plus with the custom video/audio code it really is a blast to play. With that said, I was able to procure a DP pro as well, and man-o-man, it's just as fun to play! It's only been a few days since I've gotten DP, and on location, never really got to hear the callouts or music, but it definitely adds another dimension to the game that I was sorely missing. Still haven't decided which is better since DP is still in the honeymoon phase, but I'm just lucky to be able to have both of these awesome games and have a feeling that they will both be just as fun to play in the long term.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just thought I'd update since I started this thread 5 months ago and was debating whether to get one or the other. Well, I did bring home a JP Prem and the T-Rex head is such a great addition to the game. It really adds character and ambience, plus with the custom video/audio code it really is a blast to play. With that said, I was able to procure a DP pro as well, and man-o-man, it's just as fun to play! It's only been a few days since I've gotten DP, and on location, never really got to hear the callouts or music, but it definitely adds another dimension to the game that I was sorely missing. Still haven't decided which is better since DP is still in the honeymoon phase, but I'm just lucky to be able to have both of these awesome games and have a feeling that they will both be just as fun to play in the long term.

Awesome to hear you got both. I just read through all the posts as I'm also debating getting a JP. My problem is with picking up the new Avengers Premium I really can't afford another Premium model right now, but man seems like the JP Premium is really the best option with the cool additions to that pin and that amazing code that guy wrote to add the video clips really makes me want to get that one. DP is an amazing fun game and to me it feels like everything was perfectly put together. When I play JP something just doesn't click with me overall yet and I'm not sure why as I love the theme. IM and DP are my only two pins right now and I can't say enough fantastic things about both pins.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Awesome to hear you got both. I just read through all the posts as I'm also debating getting a JP. My problem is with picking up the new Avengers Premium I really can't afford another Premium model right now, but man seems like the JP Premium is really the best option with the cool additions to that pin and that amazing code that guy wrote to add the video clips really makes me want to get that one. DP is an amazing fun game and to me it feels like everything was perfectly put together. When I play JP something just doesn't click with me overall yet and I'm not sure why as I love the theme. IM and DP are my only two pins right now and I can't say enough fantastic things about both pins.

JP is a great shooter, and will go down as one of Stern's best. Between the Pro and Prem, I went with the Prem due to the TRex head alone. It adds another layer of character and animation to the game that the pro doesn't have. With that said, the Pro shoots amazingly well and would be worth picking up if that's within your budget. The gameplay is just as fun. I haven't played AIQ yet, but it looks to be a bit more traditional than Keith's other 2 games, which are more unique IMO. I think if you can find a JP, you should get it!

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My brother and I each only own 1 pin. He has a JP Prem and I have a DP Pro. I've probably put 30 games on his JP and yeah it's the real deal, but so is my DP Pro. He's not a pinhead and bought JP has his first pin almost a year ago and probably hasn't put a hundred games on it....such a waste! lol I've had DP almost 2 years and have 1000. Congrats on owning 2 awesome pins!

#55 3 years ago

If you are an above average to great player, JP is the better pin. If you are an average player or worse, Deadpool is the better game. There is more in the beginning of Deadpool than in the end of Jurassic Park, and there is more in the end of Jurassic Park than in Deadpool. I am an average player and I greatly prefer Deadpool.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If you are an above average to great player, JP is the better pin. If you are an average player or worse, Deadpool is the better game. There is more in the beginning of Deadpool than in the end of Jurassic Park, and there is more in the end of Jurassic Park than in Deadpool. I am an average player and I greatly prefer Deadpool.

Ditto what you said. My brother is not good at pinball yet, and he finds JP very hard and gets frustrated.

#57 3 years ago

I agree with this. I feel like there are some really cool modes in JP but they are so far into the game that most players never see them. DP is much more accessible. The shots in JP are tight and the spinner is pretty much the only one that can be reliably made from either flipper. The "Why would Nedry do this" focus of the call outs really grated on me, but now there is new code where they replaced a lot of that. I really like the humor they put into DP which is missing from JP.

#58 3 years ago

I realize JP is seen as the "better" game. But I own both JP Prem and DP Pro, I prefer Deadpool.

#59 3 years ago

That's a good way to put it. I've never thought about it that way before. That is very insightful.

2 months later
#60 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That's a good way to put it. I've never thought about it that way before. That is very insightful.

I am in the market for one of these two machines, possible one other. I have read the whole thread with interest. One thing I like, is a fairly open playfield. Too crowded or busy not so much. Can someone comment on which machine might fit my likes?

I also read the rule set comments with interest. I like a rule set that has some things to accomplish, but too deep and complicated takes away some of the fun. I really like High Speed in this regard. Get the light red, run the light, get away! I have a mission--a fun one. Is DP a strong enough rule set? Is JP too complicated?

THANKS

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from jb343:

I am in the market for one of these two machines, possible one other. I have read the whole thread with interest. One thing I like, is a fairly open playfield. Too crowded or busy not so much. Can someone comment on which machine might fit my likes?
I also read the rule set comments with interest. I like a rule set that has some things to accomplish, but too deep and complicated takes away some of the fun. I really like High Speed in this regard. Get the light red, run the light, get away! I have a mission--a fun one. Is DP a strong enough rule set? Is JP too complicated?
THANKS

I have owned both and I think the ruleset on JP is much more interesting. It can be complicated at first but once you get the hang of it, it makes sense and gives you lots of choices. The DP ruleset is also a lot of fun but it's not as interesting in that you're either moving through the villain battles or trying to get a score which is completely dependent on maxing the multiplier with the Snikt shot at the right times.

Playfield wise, DP has some awesome shots (the Katana shot never gets old) but I found DP to be a little cluttered with the lil DP bashtoy right in the middle. Not necessarily cluttered in a bad way, just not as open. JP feels a little more open with some longer shots.

It's hard to compare either with High Speed. They are both much deeper and both have pretty unique layouts. The poster who described JP as the better pin for a better player and DP as being better for average/worse was spot on in my opinion.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from jb343:

THANKS

Based on this post, I would recommend DP over JP. DP has a fairly straight forward ruleset and is pretty accessible by most players. For the novice, there are some easy things that are obtainable, lil' DP multiball is right in the front and will be fun for most casual players. The katana shot is always fun.

JP has a bit more challenging layout, but still has some accessible features. T-REX MB is pretty much right in front, and if you have Prem/LE, the T-REX head is always a joy when she is animated. The shots are a bit more difficult, and there is a learning curve for shot placement, but the smoothness and flow is better than DP. Not that DP is a clunkfest or anything, but there are some clunky shots (right orbit is the worst).

#63 3 years ago

Thanks for your comments. Let me say a bit more and perhaps someone can steer me in the right or different direction.

I am probably an above average player, or at least was.
I have owned and maintained machines starting in 1982. But, I have become weary of my HS as it is need of seemingly constant care...if I was a bit more ambitious I would go with a new play field. But sheesh, $1100 for a playfield and a lot of work...so looking for a new machine!

I do like having the third flipper, and don't like video mode machines. So maybe DP isn't quite right for me (only two flippers). Starting to think Iron Maiden. Thanks for the ideas.

JB

Quoted from FatPanda:

Based on this post, I would recommend DP over JP. DP has a fairly straight forward ruleset and is pretty accessible by most players. For the novice, there are some easy things that are obtainable, lil' DP multiball is right in the front and will be fun for most casual players. The katana shot is always fun.
JP has a bit more challenging layout, but still has some accessible features. T-REX MB is pretty much right in front, and if you have Prem/LE, the T-REX head is always a joy when she is animated. The shots are a bit more difficult, and there is a learning curve for shot placement, but the smoothness and flow is better than DP. Not that DP is a clunkfest or anything, but there are some clunky shots (right orbit is the worst).

1 month later
#64 3 years ago
Quoted from jb343:

Thanks for your comments. Let me say a bit more and perhaps someone can steer me in the right or different direction.
I am probably an above average player, or at least was.
I have owned and maintained machines starting in 1982. But, I have become weary of my HS as it is need of seemingly constant care...if I was a bit more ambitious I would go with a new play field. But sheesh, $1100 for a playfield and a lot of work...so looking for a new machine!
I do like having the third flipper, and don't like video mode machines. So maybe DP isn't quite right for me (only two flippers). Starting to think Iron Maiden. Thanks for the ideas.
JB

Get a Hardtop for your High Speed and Maiden is just about the best game out there imo.

9 months later
#65 2 years ago

Curious if the opinions on this one have changed over time. I see Deadpool and Jurassic Park as both being well liked (and hard to find) games currently.

#66 2 years ago

Curious if the opinions on this one have changed over time. I see Deadpool and Jurassic Park as both being well liked (and hard to find) games currently.

I couldn't sell JP fast enough. Over rated imo. We love DP though. Gets LOTS of play.
Maiden is the smart choice

#67 2 years ago

Jurassic park by a lot

I adored Deadpool at first but it got so old so fast I almost couldn’t believe it

There is something about the deadool code that just feels extremely repetitive over time, hard to put a finger on it

Deadpool is a work or art and a masterpiece in presentation though

Jurassic park is a masterpiece in layout and rules for me

#68 2 years ago

It all still comes down to individual opinion. Both of them are great games. I happen to like DP better (actually I LOVE DP Pro, it’s been my favorite game for a while now). Just because I still have fun when I play it. For me, that’s the deciding factor for every game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.99
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-vs-jurassic-park/page/2?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.