• BKSOR 49 votes
    26%
  • Deadpool 136 votes
    74%

(185 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1tq502 (resized).jpg
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

HeyOh

I have room for one machine.
I'm leaning towards BK but I'm also considering DP.
I can't find either around here to play so I'm throwing this out there to those that own/have played both for an opinion.

What machine should be considered?

#2 4 years ago

Topic could use a poll. DP no question.

#3 4 years ago

I have BKSOR, my friend has DP. I like them both, I think it depends entirely in which style of play you like more.

BKSOR is fast and brutal, and it's all about enjoying the design. I really like the integration of the black night toy, the flail and shield are awesome.

DP is very different, it's less brutal and has more time that you can breath. It's also a better pin for family and friends, IMO, more people will be in tune with the theme.

I think you'll be fine with either, but if you have family and friends who aren't big pinball afficianados, DP is probably better. I got BKSOR because I already had theme integration for others with POTC, and Iron Maiden scratched my other itch; I wanted a fast, brutal pin in my collection.

#4 4 years ago

I really like both, but would lean Deadpool if you were going with a Pro. It’s more of a toss up if you’re choosing between the Premium or LE models. BK:SOR feels like a lot of other recent Sterns without the upper playfield.

#5 4 years ago

Deadpool. BKsor won’t hold value.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Topic could use a poll. DP no question.

Poll added. Thanks for the suggestion.

#7 4 years ago

Deadpool. It’s a no brainer. I agree with Multiballmaniac. Deadpool will better hold its value.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Deadpool. BKsor won’t hold value.

Fuck the value, having played a shitload of DP and owning BK3 I would say BK3 is more fun to shoot but u can't really go wrong with either. Where did u go wrong? starting a vs thread. Who gives a shit what I or anyone else thinks? play both and choose the one u like more, if retaining value has anything to do with it, don't buy a pinball machine. good day sir, I said good day.

#9 4 years ago

Sure who cares about value right? Why would anyone in the world think about that?

Back to reality, it's a good point that bk is definitely a disappointment at this time - look at Stern scrambling even adding physical features which is a first bc obviously the numbers aren't there so they need to jin up something.

This comes as no surprise though bc the folks that wanted this game bought it while the majority didn't.

Deadpool absolutely smokes this game but again just my opinion. I know many that enjoy bk.

#10 4 years ago

take a trip and play them somewhere... you're talking $5K+ to over $7K. Spending a few hundred bucks on a trip is worth it.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Back to reality, it's a good point that bk is definitely a disappointment at this time -

I disagree, but I will simply note that DP was a disappointment for a very long time until recent software updates. BK kicks butt already in my opinion and it is about to get an update on Monday with some sort of new hardware to go along with it.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I disagree, but I will simply note that DP was a disappointment for a very long time until recent software updates. BK kicks butt already in my opinion and it is about to get an update on Monday with some sort of new hardware to go along with it.

That's a good point. Bk could come back but no doubt at this time it's disappointing to the majority (including financially). Yes it has its fans but every game does. Stern plays by the numbers and they just aren't there with this one. It's early but based on this games core foundation I don't see it changing.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sure who cares about value right? Why would anyone in the world think about that?
Back to reality, it's a good point that bk is definitely a disappointment at this time - look at Stern scrambling even adding physical features which is a first bc obviously the numbers aren't there so they need to jin up something.
This comes as no surprise though bc the folks that wanted this game bought it while the majority didn't.
Deadpool absolutely smokes this game but again just my opinion. I know many that enjoy bk.

A disappointment? LOL

Our BK Pro is on track to be one of if not the best earner we've ever had. We are a 10 year-old location. We buy practically every new Stern. BK is getting played nearly non stop. From casual players to very good players they can't get enough. Last night it was 2 old ladies parked on it.

I'm afraid your opinion is not based in reality. Drinking too much haterade I suspect.

Also, the owner pulled Deadpool after not very long. It was doing just okay.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Fuck the value, having played a shitload of DP and owning BK3 I would say BK3 is more fun to shoot but u can't really go wrong with either. Where did u go wrong? starting a vs thread. Who gives a shit what I or anyone else thinks? play both and choose the one u like more, if retaining value has anything to do with it, don't buy a pinball machine. good day sir, I said good day.

I think value is a consideration depending on how long someone plans on holding onto the pin. If that person switches pins up on a regular basis, then your “f” the value comment is misguided.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

A disappointment? LOL
Our BK Pro is on track to be one of if not the best earner we've ever had. We are a 10 year-old location. We buy practically every new Stern. BK is getting played nearly non stop. From casual players to very good players they can't get enough. Last night it was 2 old ladies parked on it.
I'm afraid your opinion is not based in reality. Drinking too much haterade I suspect.
Also, the owner pulled Deadpool after not very long. It was doing just okay.

Omg you know what? You're right! Bk is killing it and Stern is just being blown away by the cash coming in. So much that Stern decided to revisit the game and spend more money to introduce new features bc they want to share the wealth with the people!

Maybe you're getting too much sun in Cali not sure but think about it some more. Ghostbusters still a broken mess. You know why? Bc it sold a ton so no incentive for Stern. Black knight - complete opposite and now you see them making unprecedented changes.

Not sure how much clearer it can be. Think a little more about it.

Little more

Ok.

Thanks

#16 4 years ago

Deadpool is much much better imo... better code,nice unique layout and its just fun to play.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Omg you know what? You're right! Bk is killing it and Stern is just being blown away by the cash coming in. So much that Stern decided to revisit the game and spend more money to introduce new features bc they want to share the wealth with the people!
Maybe you're getting too much sun in Cali not sure but think about it some more. Ghostbusters still a broken mess. You know why? Bc it sold a ton so no incentive for Stern. Black knight - complete opposite and now you see them making unprecedented changes.
Not sure how much clearer it can be. Think a little more about it.
Little more
Ok.
Thanks

Revisit the game? It has barely been out.

Knocking Stern for a solid code update on a new pin which is already great?

1tq502 (resized).jpg1tq502 (resized).jpg

#18 4 years ago

Revisit the game? It has barely been out.
Knocking Stern for a solid code update on a new pin which is already great?
[quoted image]

Maybe you're not aware of that massive update they're planning which includes adding a physical feature to the game this Monday?

This would start to make sense if you're not. Otherwise Stern doesn't do something like that for a game that's killing it. It's obviously not doing well.

#19 4 years ago

DP=suckfest, IMHO. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. The sound, callouts, etc are awful. And Little Deadpool makes my ears bleed. One cool shot, a shooter lane down which the ball often falls, and several tablespoons of ordinary, and I'm done.

BK (I have LE) is the best Stern since Maiden.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

DP=suckfest, IMHO. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. The sound, callouts, etc are awful. And Little Deadpool makes my ears bleed. One cool shot, a shooter lane down which the ball often falls, and several tablespoons of ordinary, and I'm done.

I really like my Deadpool, but different strokes etc.

I played the BK Pro on early code and didn’t love it. I’m looking forward to playing it more over the next year or two and trying the Prem/LE version.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Good to hear. IM is my other game, and I can't get enough of it, so I think you and are share similar taste.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Maybe you're not aware of that massive update they're planning which includes adding a physical feature to the game this Monday?
This would start to make sense if you're not. Otherwise Stern doesn't do something like that for a game that's killing it. It's obviously not doing well.

Been to any major shows lately? Seen how many BKs Marco has been bringing? Sorry if my factual posts aren't gelling with your opinions. That is all.

#23 4 years ago

Damn tough crowd. I had the pleasure of having both machines on location. I'm a huge fan of both games. Like previously stated, they are very different playing games. I currently went with a DP Premium and will own a BK later down the road. You really can't go wrong with either game. BK is fast and brutal when you can't find your shots. However when you are on a roll it's a badass game. Deadpool is more of a chill game with longer ball times. What can I say I love both.

#24 4 years ago

Delt hasn’t put up a WTB: BKSoRLE ad yet?
He usually likes everything.

Prefer BK layout and gameplay, theme, and knight feature in that order.

#25 4 years ago

I was recently trying to make the same choices as I am a tournament player i like quicker tougher games to play so i went with BK SOR I love the music and the Knight toy is awesome. The game is also much quicker which fits my style of play. I love DP as well but I have played many games of it lasting almost an hour it's just too long of a playing game for me.

#26 4 years ago

Been to any major shows lately? Seen how many BKs Marco has been bringing? Sorry if my factual posts aren't gelling with your opinions. That is all.

No shows in years. I love pinball, but I'm not a show person. ALL of the posts help. I'm just looking for opinions...and I'm getting them.
So thank you.

#27 4 years ago

Deadpool is fun. Black Knight is a brutal ass kicker.

I’d take a DP pro over an BK pro but a BK premium would be my pick. I like the upper pf and extra flipper.

#28 4 years ago

I’m curious to know what the new physical add-on for the upper playfield will be?

#29 4 years ago

I have played both and if i were to purchase one of these it would be DP for sure.

#30 4 years ago

Everyone here has games they like or hate- it's completely subjective. As stated above, its what you like or hate. Get time in on both and make your own decision.

#31 4 years ago

This is the first I've heard about a code/feature drop on Monday, but I think it'll be (or it SHOULD be) some kind of fill-in for the UPF ball hangup under the flipper.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:DP=suckfest, IMHO. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. The sound, callouts, etc are awful. And Little Deadpool makes my ears bleed. One cool shot, a shooter lane down which the ball often falls, and several tablespoons of ordinary, and I'm done.

yup, callouts were almost as bad as spiderman vault.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Right. When I buy a NIB pinball machine thats exactly right. Im not saying buy a cheap pin for 5x the value and expect to do well upon resale but what r implying that BK's will be half price in the future? Don't be foolish. Just because one pin may differ from the other in terms of BOM has zero impact on resale.
Ill say it again fuck the value, I've bought pins for more than they are worth and sold for less than they are worth within reason ofcourse. Before u know it ur one of those dickheads that won't budge over a c note either way. No time for that. Oh and GFYS

Quoted from Krupps4:

I think value is a consideration depending on how long someone plans on holding onto the pin. If that person switches pins up on a regular basis, then your “f” the value comment is misguided.

No its not. I switch pretty regular and for the last few years the resale whether it be a Pre,LE or a pro has been the same regardless if its a month or a year.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Cleland DP mod helps alot. Im beta testing it now as we speak. Mostly all Ryan Reynolds call outs now. Little DP i don't mind. Add music from the movies also helps.

-Dan

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Back to reality, it's a good point that bk is definitely a disappointment at this time

To who you. Jesus H ur the one in fantasy land sir. Oh thats right, more people who care how well its selling and using that as a guide on how good something is. Crap

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Unfortunatley thay are now ruining BK with the same pattern of shit call outs.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I was recently trying to make the same choices as I am a tournament player i like quicker tougher games to play so i went with BK SOR I love the music and the Knight toy is awesome. The game is also much quicker which fits my style of play. I love DP as well but I have played many games of it lasting almost an hour it's just too long of a playing game for me.

How about next time playing with the glass on? . J/k I didn’t know that DP has such long ball times.

#38 4 years ago

Played BKSOR LE for the first time last night at Marvin's in Farmington Hills, MI. My 3 games for $2.00 was over in what felt like seconds. Tough, tough game to keep the ball out of the drain. My question is about the upper playfield. Is it really just a clear piece of plastic (no graphics) with one feature (a ball lock mech)? Or am I missing something. The ball lock mech didn't even work on the one I was playing. I was excited to finally hit it in there and then the game just stopped doing anything until it went through a ball search. So, the one mech that was on that upper playfield wasn't working on what looked like a brand new example of the LE.

#39 4 years ago

The poll shows the winner. It’s over. DP dominates.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

The poll shows the winner. It’s over. DP dominates.

Eh.

DP has been out longer. Many haven’t even played BK

I’ve played both extensively.

DP is a ton of fun. Interesting ball lock with the drop targets. Not a huge fan of the theme. Long ball times.

BK is raw pinball. Hard and you need skill. It’s you vs the machine and the theme is executed masterfully. It’s one of sterns best pins to date.

BK for me. Easy.

#41 4 years ago

Deadpool is a bomb !

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Yea but to be fair you owned your DP early on when it was a suckfest. It’s a whole different game now including the call outs, music and variety. Now I will give you that some DP’s seem to be much more finicky than others, seems to be with the LE’s too, maybe you got bad batch, couldn’t dial it in, plus were on early code? Game is a blast now.

#43 4 years ago

If it's pro vs pro it goes to Deadpool. Premium vs premium I pick BKSOR. I've played Deadpool a bunch and had fun. I probably want to get one at some point. BKSOR premium is a game that just screams to keep playing it, while Deadpool didn't have nearly the same effect. It was fun but after a few games I was ready to move on. That may change if/when I get one. I'm literally spending all my pinball time playing my premium and none of my other games are getting any time. Such a great freaking game. If you suck at pinball, don't play BKSOR cause it will chew you up and spit you out. If you want to get better at pinball, play this game, learn this game, and you will love this game. You can't go wrong with either but BKSOR premium wins easily for me. For those predicting value in the future, you are just guessing. There are plenty of sucky games that's till command a solid price. My guess is the more people that learn this game will love it. Just because the theme isn't some blockbuster movie theme doesn't mean it will fail. The base is so strong as is and will keep getting better. Love it so far!

#44 4 years ago

Imo DP art feels better and the game is more fun. Can't judge code because it's too early for BKSOR.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

How about next time playing with the glass on? . J/k I didn’t know that DP has such long ball times.

I’d be really curious to see someone play a modern game on 3 ball, set up decently difficult (6.5 or better) with all mechs playing tight and snappy, and have the single game last for almost an hour.

I say, if that’s really happening, the game is set up to play flat, slow, and.... boring.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

DP no question.

Yep.

Have put in over 100 games on both, and If space and money were not an issue, I would get both. If I had to choose one it is DP by many miles unless it completely ruined theme for my space.

To be clear, not hating on BK. I like it a lot, especially for competition play.

#47 4 years ago

Just stop all the arguing already and get a Munsters Premium!

I haven't played BK but.i do think it looks fun..i have played a DP Premium though and i gotta say that its effing sweet! Also i hated that game when it first came out and im still not a fan of the theme but man is it fun now.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

it is about to get an update on Monday with some sort of new hardware to go along with it.

Wait, what? Can't wait to see what that could possibly be.

#49 4 years ago

Played an BKSOR LE tonight at Pinball Pete's AA and ball got stuck on upper pf behind the flipper multiple times. Also was getting stuck halfway up the Left VUK on some plastic before the exit to the upper PF. The ball getting stuck behind the flipper in a hole is a design oversight. How that wasn't caught in testing is anyones guess.

So Dp gets my vote by miles.

#50 4 years ago

My guess for the new hardware is a complete replacement for the upper playfield. That's what it should be anyway IMO assuming that is feasible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-vs-bksor?hl=scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.