Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8d1 (resized).jpg
dialed in_rules (resized).JPG
4D38BB4F-EF4C-4043-9885-DF05310908DE (resized).jpeg
CF2BDB78-611D-44F6-99F2-5F4969B0BC52 (resized).jpeg
401D036F-64C4-450F-B01E-75449411FE36 (resized).jpeg
BBAC3DA2-02D7-4146-BCB5-D224DDA3C433 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 4 years ago

Owned a Deadpool LE and a Dialed In LE. Deadpool all the way.

Dialed In is so boring I’d bore you explaining how boring it is.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

LOL and I happen to know where both of your games ended up .
As far as my vote :
DI is an extremely smooth shooting game. Some pretty cool features such as an attacking multi ball, first use of a camera to take player pictures, and as all JJP's, built like a tank. I wanted one bad and loved it for the first few weeks. Unfortunately, maybe because I am not a hi caliber player, the game started to have an "every game is the same feel" for me. I was surprised how quickly the game left the collection.
As far as DP: I have the LE which is just stunning. The art and clear on the play field may be the best package that I have owned / seen. The shots can seem a little clunky as compared to DI, but, several of the shots feel pretty unique and are very satisfying to hit. Code wise , DP is a much deeper overall package and has more surprises then DI for my taste.
Hence , I voted DP.
As always, to me price of a particular game can get it into my collection. I would not hesitate to get a DI if I felt it was priced such that it could be easily turned over if not to my particular tastes down the road.

Haha! Deadpool is incredibly well-done. They really went all out on it. You do get a clunk here and there when you miss, but big deal. Miss less. Code is very clever. Solid job by Tanio. Characters and sounds are great and it's probably the most beautiful Stern LE since Star Trek LE. I loved it. Just got as far as I could get in the game.

I'd keep every game if space and funds were unlimited. Except Dialed In.

The monotonous sounds REALLY wore on me. There's no excitement. Yes it has shots, but literally EVERYTHING is a shot. There's targets and ramps everywhere. You literally can't NOT hit something, except the poorly designed SIM shot, which must've been done that was to make up for the shallow code. Don't be fooled. It's not really deep.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Shallow code?HaHa your kidding right

Exclude the SIM shot -- or better yet, set it to carry over from ball-to-ball -- and it's really vanilla.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Dialed In isn't that deep? LOL. Ted Estes and Dialed In owners will disagree with you
Also, the SIM card shot is supposed to be a difficult shot as it's an extremely powerful shot in terms of the impact it has on scores. Hitting the SIM card shot isn't required to complete disaster modes. The SIM card shot is designed as a reward system for beating modes by awarding a multiplier for the rest of the game (more can be stacked), and awarding the player a "Dialed In" letter to advance to the games super wizard mode. It's a pretty impressive hook that in my opinion keeps players coming back as there's always something to do besides just letting modes timeout and or completing them.
Setting the upper right flipper power to 14 makes the SIM card shot a bit easier while still allowing the left ramp shot to still be made.
[quoted image]

Flow charts are great. I get it. But play 10 solid games and you'll see like 80% of this.

Sure there are machines where that happens, but with DI, after 50 games, if you're not tired of all the Crazy Bob's "awards", the monotone reporter voice, the monotone CANDI voice, the dude saying "Crazy", the saxophone end of ball sound, the drones spinning for .69 seconds and the flawed SIM shot, then more fine. I didn't want to press start anymore.

For me it was nails on a chalkboard. Could have been much more. Take Iron Maiden. There is hardly anything in that game. It's fun as hell. It all makes sense. It's easy to approach. It's fun to shoot. Good for noobs and players alike. Deadpool is similar to Maiden, but DP is more strategic than Maiden which is fast and furious.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-v-dialed-in?tu=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.