• Deadpool premium 124 votes
    52%
  • Dialed in Le 109 votes
    46%
  • Neither 5 votes
    2%

(238 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8d1 (resized).jpg
dialed in_rules (resized).JPG
4D38BB4F-EF4C-4043-9885-DF05310908DE (resized).jpeg
CF2BDB78-611D-44F6-99F2-5F4969B0BC52 (resized).jpeg
401D036F-64C4-450F-B01E-75449411FE36 (resized).jpeg
BBAC3DA2-02D7-4146-BCB5-D224DDA3C433 (resized).jpeg

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 58 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hated Deadpool, Dialed In all day long.

Same here Dialed In is one of the best ever!

#52 58 days ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Also, the SIM card shot is a shit design. It’s such an important shot and the geometry and size of the hole is all fucked. It totally ruins the game.

Agreed. SIM card hole really hurts an otherwise great shooter. I call it a hole cause it’s not really a shot. Dp all the way on this one.

#53 58 days ago

I own both. Love both. You can’t go wrong on either one. I would base it the style of play. Do you prefer JJP or Stern style of play?

#54 58 days ago
Quoted from sulli10:

LOL and I happen to know where both of your games ended up .
As far as my vote :
DI is an extremely smooth shooting game. Some pretty cool features such as an attacking multi ball, first use of a camera to take player pictures, and as all JJP's, built like a tank. I wanted one bad and loved it for the first few weeks. Unfortunately, maybe because I am not a hi caliber player, the game started to have an "every game is the same feel" for me. I was surprised how quickly the game left the collection.
As far as DP: I have the LE which is just stunning. The art and clear on the play field may be the best package that I have owned / seen. The shots can seem a little clunky as compared to DI, but, several of the shots feel pretty unique and are very satisfying to hit. Code wise , DP is a much deeper overall package and has more surprises then DI for my taste.
Hence , I voted DP.
As always, to me price of a particular game can get it into my collection. I would not hesitate to get a DI if I felt it was priced such that it could be easily turned over if not to my particular tastes down the road.

Haha! Deadpool is incredibly well-done. They really went all out on it. You do get a clunk here and there when you miss, but big deal. Miss less. Code is very clever. Solid job by Tanio. Characters and sounds are great and it's probably the most beautiful Stern LE since Star Trek LE. I loved it. Just got as far as I could get in the game.

I'd keep every game if space and funds were unlimited. Except Dialed In.

The monotonous sounds REALLY wore on me. There's no excitement. Yes it has shots, but literally EVERYTHING is a shot. There's targets and ramps everywhere. You literally can't NOT hit something, except the poorly designed SIM shot, which must've been done that was to make up for the shallow code. Don't be fooled. It's not really deep.

#55 58 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Haha! Deadpool is incredibly well-done. They really went all out on it. You do get a clunk here and there when you miss, but big deal. Miss less. Code is very clever. Solid job by Tanio. Characters and sounds are great and it's probably the most beautiful Stern LE since Star Trek LE. I loved it. Just got as far as I could get in the game.
The monotonous sounds REALLY wore on me. There's no excitement. Yes it has shots, but literally EVERYTHING is a shot. There's targets and ramps everywhere. You literally can't NOT hit something, except the poorly designed SIM shot, which must've been done that was to make up for the shallow code. Don't be fooled. It's not really deep.

Shallow code?HaHa your kidding right

#56 58 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Shallow code?HaHa your kidding right

Exclude the SIM shot -- or better yet, set it to carry over from ball-to-ball -- and it's really vanilla.

#57 58 days ago

Deadpool will get more votes partially because more people own Deadpool then a Dialed In

#58 58 days ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Also, the SIM card shot is a shit design. It’s such an important shot and the geometry and size of the hole is all fucked. It totally ruins the game.

Yes, it's an important shot, but it should be difficult given how important it is.

Rob

#59 58 days ago

The monotonous sounds REALLY wore on me. There's no excitement.

Wow I feel the total opposite, the excitement of the game is huge for me. I play this game a lot and keep hitting the start button.
Toss in its a big hit with the family and guests. No way I would sell it. I voted DI but like DP just not enough to own.
Happy & Healthy New Year.

#60 58 days ago

Have played both on location, DI is just "more fun" and the better one of those two.

#61 58 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Deadpool will get more votes partially because more people own Deadpool then a Dialed In

401D036F-64C4-450F-B01E-75449411FE36 (resized).jpeg4D38BB4F-EF4C-4043-9885-DF05310908DE (resized).jpegBBAC3DA2-02D7-4146-BCB5-D224DDA3C433 (resized).jpegCF2BDB78-611D-44F6-99F2-5F4969B0BC52 (resized).jpeg
#62 57 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Dialed In isn't that deep? LOL. Ted Estes and Dialed In owners will disagree with you

Also, the SIM card shot is supposed to be a difficult shot as it's an extremely powerful shot in terms of the impact it has on scores. Hitting the SIM card shot isn't required to complete disaster modes. The SIM card shot is designed as a reward system for beating modes by awarding a multiplier for the rest of the game (more can be stacked), and awarding the player a "Dialed In" letter to advance to the games super wizard mode. It's a pretty impressive hook that in my opinion keeps players coming back as there's always something to do besides just letting modes timeout and or completing them.

Setting the upper right flipper power to 14 makes the SIM card shot a bit easier while still allowing the left ramp shot to still be made.

dialed in_rules (resized).JPG

#63 57 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Dialed In isn't that deep? LOL. Ted Estes and Dialed In owners will disagree with you
Also, the SIM card shot is supposed to be a difficult shot as it's an extremely powerful shot in terms of the impact it has on scores. Hitting the SIM card shot isn't required to complete disaster modes. The SIM card shot is designed as a reward system for beating modes by awarding a multiplier for the rest of the game (more can be stacked), and awarding the player a "Dialed In" letter to advance to the games super wizard mode. It's a pretty impressive hook that in my opinion keeps players coming back as there's always something to do besides just letting modes timeout and or completing them.
Setting the upper right flipper power to 14 makes the SIM card shot a bit easier while still allowing the left ramp shot to still be made.
[quoted image]

I like dialed in.

Sim card shot is a design failure simple as that.

#64 57 days ago

I own a Dialed in and I love the game.
Sim card shot is shit.
The idea of having a shot that's it's easier to bank and random bounce in is kind of fun, but in reality it isn't.
Edit: if it just multiplied mode points it wouldn't be as bad, but to get to the wizard mode it's a tough ask. It took me years to to wizard RBION, and this is much much harder.

#65 57 days ago

I own both DILE and DP Pro and both are excellent. Some said "go with the cheaper" option but I have to say you get what you pay for. People have told me and I agree DI feels more high end while playing it.

#66 57 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Flow charts are great. I get it. But play 10 solid games and you'll see like 80% of this.

Sure there are machines where that happens, but with DI, after 50 games, if you're not tired of all the Crazy Bob's "awards", the monotone reporter voice, the monotone CANDI voice, the dude saying "Crazy", the saxophone end of ball sound, the drones spinning for .69 seconds and the flawed SIM shot, then more fine. I didn't want to press start anymore.

For me it was nails on a chalkboard. Could have been much more. Take Iron Maiden. There is hardly anything in that game. It's fun as hell. It all makes sense. It's easy to approach. It's fun to shoot. Good for noobs and players alike. Deadpool is similar to Maiden, but DP is more strategic than Maiden which is fast and furious.

#67 57 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Agree, if people prefer toys, magnets, subways, extra display that can interact with the game, selfie camera, drones (some people do). To me pinball can be two things either a shooting and scoring experience like TNA/DP etc. or can be a showcase for toys and hidden forces like TAF, TZ, and DI. Not saying one is more important that the other. But depends on if you like a lot of toys then DI would be better. I think they both have interesting shots and good rules.

Winner!

#68 57 days ago

DP is on location everywhere I go which makes me less eager to own one. It’s a fun pin to shoot but it’s more difficult to find a DI on route. If debating bt the two that plays into my decision making.

#69 57 days ago

I own both (LEs) and while they’re both great games I play DP 10 times for every game of DI.

#70 57 days ago

2 nice pins

i would say DP in term of immediate fun and fun and fun... but than you quickly have the feeling to always play that game the same way...

i would say DI for something you have to understand and learn time after time, and than build your games while thinking/having tactic (even if its not that hard)... also get lots of toys, and a very (very) good flow

#71 56 days ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I own both of these games. Here is the deal even though Deadpool is themed around Deadpool they did the game because of the movie being a hit. The game has NOTHING to do with the movie, nor even a cartoon created by Marvel. Its not the Deadpool from the comics its a very PG version which is not honestly Deadpool. This game could have just been a made up Superhero game.
So don't buy it because of the theme, you buy it because its a super awesome pinball game. Deadpool might be one of Sterns best games ever.
Dialed In is an original themed game. Dialed In obviously has a lot more bells and whistles, awesome CGI FX on the screen, lots of cool happenings.
Both are great games. The point I was making about Deadpool not really being the super foul mouthed superhero... is that either pinball or kind of original themes. Jurassic Park Pinball is the same thing its kind of an original story inside the World of Dino's. So in a way both are original themes not based on any movie.
If you go for a Deadpool I would advice grabbing the PRO because its cheaper and its incredible. Dialed In is another incredible game but more expensive.
You can't go wrong either way.

Is this how you don’t check Pinside?

#72 56 days ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

A really edgy G-Rated super hero....

Yeah actually. Some of the call outs are trash and so dang repetitive. Needs callouts from the movies.

Dialed In has Bally/Williams humor which is much better.

#73 53 days ago

For those playing at home I’ve caved and getting the dialed in. Now how do I play it?

#74 53 days ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

For those playing at home I’ve caved and getting the dialed in. Now how do I play it?

Charge the phone, shoot the scoop, play modes.

#75 53 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Charge the phone, shoot the scoop, play modes.

Finish modes, light sim card, flail away in terror.

#76 53 days ago

It is a great game. Played this weekend. I was one shot away from starting armageddon for the 2nd time. I was crushed.

#77 53 days ago

DI is a modern masterpiece, best theme in the last 20 years, amazing music, great humor and call outs (think MM, but you get to see them talk), one of the most satisfying shots in pinball (sim card), clever rules, toys - the whole package. DP is a great game, music is stellar (I love the song Eatin’ Chimichangas - great what did with only two chords), very good rules but maybe a bit linear, theme is a good one, but it doesn’t really feel like Deadpool in the comic books, at least not the old stuff.

#78 52 days ago
Quoted from branlon8:

best theme in the last 20 years,

HAHAHAH this has to be a joke. Magic cell phone? lol.

#79 52 days ago

Nice! I just grabbed mine last week. Been busy fine tuning, but I hit start about 20 times today! I doubt there was a bad choice either way.

#80 52 days ago

Press the Button in the front of the machine to start a game. Use the buttons on the side to keep the ball from going down the hole in the middle at the bottom.

1. Charge Phone by hitting moving target. Start modes at the Phone Scoop when phone is charged. Try to complete the modes; (DI modes are fun and challenging). Hit the Big Bang to Auto-complete a mode when lit. Or save Big Bang for harder modes/more dangerous modes. Once completed try to somehow make the Sim Card Shot to Upgrade Phone; via Center Shot to Upper Flipper, Via a Bounce off of Off Center targets Or posts, via a Bank of the right Drone Rubber or via pure luck which you need a lot of.
2. Try to stagger getting Multiball after a mode has started (double flip flippers will cancel multiball when ready) and can be used to help get a Sim Card shot.

3. Work your way up to through Quantum Theater Multiball via the 4 different hurryups to the Quantum Theatre: Spider, Drone, QED, Ramps. Stack this Multiball with Modes and...

4. Try to get Crazy Bobs Multiball Going and stacked with Quantum Theatre Multiball (or reg Multiball)

How this game is criticized so much is beyond me. It’s a shitload of challenge and fun. Modes are some of the best out there. There are many games with quirky themes; it’s dry humor. Who the hell needs a Pinball Machine to be screaming at you all the time anyway...that shit gets old.

#81 52 days ago

The SIM card shot being one of the most satisfying shots in pinball?
Hardly.
It should feel like the Camera shot in TZ, for example, but it sure doesn’t.
It’s satisfying when the shot bounces in because it’s so important to make the shot to advance in the game.
But, I found the SIM card shot to be a complete design flaw, which really surprised me.

#82 52 days ago

aiming & getting the bounce shoot from the drones targets IS more than satisfying and than you feel Pat has made/designed this on purpose...

i mean for sure !

#83 52 days ago

Simple answer. Get both. Having both in a line-up gives you two different types of games. Yes, SIM card is hard as hell. I never got more than 3 letters spelled, but that's why I like the game. It will take a long time and good pinball skills to every complete spelling Dialed In. It's the only game I have seen that PAPA tutorial shows as being really hard for even the pros. Regarding art, BM66 and DP are close to the best. I sold a DI so I could some day get a DILE. I pick up a DPP tomorrow and have played it before. I have a simple line up. DPP, MBrSE, GOTGP, and Shadow. Will add DILE soon.

#84 52 days ago

Regarding the SIM shot. I’ve played 3 different DI’s; 2 had the protector and the other 1 did not. The 2 with the protector, I couldn’t make the shot for the life of me and it really turned me off because...the DI I played that didn’t have a protector I could make the SIM shot nearly on demand. It was a beautiful thing.

My point; if I ever owned a DI (in my home environment) I would be very very tempted to remove that protector and enjoy the game as it was intended.

#85 52 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My point; if I ever owned a DI (in my home environment) I would be very very tempted to remove that protector and enjoy the game as it was intended.

Mine came before the protectors and it's still super hard...the reason I never put a cliffy on it.
There's a balancing act lowering the power to the upper flipper which makes it easier to hit, but of course makes the side ramp harder.

#86 52 days ago
Quoted from rai:

To me pinball can be two things either a shooting and scoring experience like ... or can be a showcase for toys and hidden forces like ...

This is why there are only two pinball designers ... Steve Ritchie and Pat Lawlor respectively (kidding).

#87 52 days ago

The poll is close: 104 - 92. I suppose it isn't too surprising considering both pins are a lot of fun. I own DP and give it the slight edge. What I find incredulous is that five people voted neither. Maybe they just don't care for pinball?

#88 52 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

What I find incredulous is that five people voted neither. Maybe they just don't care for pinball?

Oh God it could be anything... Literally.
Deadpool isn't the movie, isn't r rated, mom jeans, I hate phones, I hate pictures of my fans face, etc etc etc

#89 51 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Regarding the SIM shot. I’ve played 3 different DI’s; 2 had the protector and the other 1 did not. The 2 with the protector, I couldn’t make the shot for the life of me and it really turned me off because...the DI I played that didn’t have a protector I could make the SIM shot nearly on demand. It was a beautiful thing.

+1

Joe K. (or Ted E. didnt remember) said to me it was designed to be played without it !!!
the prob is : it will damage the PF... its than a personnal choice to make !
check :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-with-or-without-cliffys-

1 month later
#90 19 days ago

I just saw a Code Update for Dialed In to 1.73. I was still running 1.62. I know it has been out for a while. I must have been sleeping.

Installed update today and a fantastic pin gets even better. I agree on the SIM CARD hole. If ball finds its way there, it's gonna be random but that doesn't bother me one bit as far as owning this pin.

#91 19 days ago

Any significant changes in the code? I've been running 1.60 for a while.

#92 19 days ago

I have played a lot of both. I prefer Deadpool. Dialed In is a good game, but I don’t think it’s going to age well. Give Wonka a try if you’re looking for a standard body JJP. I like it more than Dialed In.

#93 19 days ago

DI has one of the the best layouts and one of the worst themes in all of pinball.
It is only a step away from a Dawson's Creek theme.
It's a good thing the game is so good that you forget about how dumb the theme is pretty quickly.
8d1 (resized).jpg

Both themes will age like milk, but I also own a Laser War, so......

#94 19 days ago

Dialed in all day over DP. all day.

The only big miss on DI is the Sim shot bc of consistency and that's matched by DPs katana shot. The theme for DI doesn't bother me. I would give Stern the clear edge with DP theme but than I realized Stern made Sesame Street DP. Oh yeah.... Haha

Both are fun games though. I do like that street fighter 2 vibe on the lcd.... That is a nice touch but those damn call outs start to grind on you and the Disco 70s music is another down vote. Again both are great though - DI just plays so well and is true jjp toylicious.

#95 19 days ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Any significant changes in the code? I've been running 1.60 for a while.

Going to look at the Code Update notes. Haven't done that yet.
It was a Delta upgrade so pretty easy to do.
YES! It even has a taunt mode when sitting in attract mode. Can't remember what the guy in the phone said exactly now but it was like "Hey don't just stand there.. Get over here" or something like that.
Shocked me at first when I heard it cause I never knew game had an attract feature but if it didn't before, it does now.

Pretty sure I heard more quotes in just the first game I played since updating code...

Still loving this game...still feels new to me 2 yrs later..
Thanks JJP!

#96 18 days ago
Quoted from thedefog:

DI has one of the the best layouts

yes, yes. You are right.

There was some strange gibberish you wrote afterwards, but I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

#97 17 days ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I just saw a Code Update for Dialed In to 1.73. I was still running 1.62. I know it has been out for a while. I must have been sleeping.
Installed update today and a fantastic pin gets even better. I agree on the SIM CARD hole. If ball finds its way there, it's gonna be random but that doesn't bother me one bit as far as owning this pin.

me too, what did it change?

#98 12 days ago

Any feedback on the new update?

#99 7 days ago

It has an attract mode now..pretty cool.

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/di/di_changelog.txt

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside