Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8d1 (resized).jpg
dialed in_rules (resized).JPG
4D38BB4F-EF4C-4043-9885-DF05310908DE (resized).jpeg
CF2BDB78-611D-44F6-99F2-5F4969B0BC52 (resized).jpeg
401D036F-64C4-450F-B01E-75449411FE36 (resized).jpeg
BBAC3DA2-02D7-4146-BCB5-D224DDA3C433 (resized).jpeg
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

So here’s my problem (all 1st world and everything) I love deadpool and want one. I don’t mind dialed in but I’ve talked myself into wanting one. There’s basically a new deadpool premium (100 plays) for sale 1k less than NIB (11k AUD) and the Dialed in for sale has about 9k plays on it but is priced at 9.5k aud. The dialed in looks in reasonable condition too

#2 4 years ago

Deadpool is a way better game.

#3 4 years ago

I prefer Deadpool.

#4 4 years ago

I love both games but deadpool if had to choose. Its actually the choice i made earlier this year as I was deciding between the two.

#5 4 years ago

If you are looking at a DeadPool Premium, make sure it's a newer one with interlock switch and more importantly, the newer playfield style with no art around the posts. You're far less likely to have any clearcoat issues with a newer built game than an older one.

I like Dialed In and own an LE. I don't like how the flippers 'feel' though and that's my #1 complaint about the game.

Rob

#6 4 years ago

Deadpool is a way better theme also. Dialed in is about a magic cell phone. Super lame them versus a really edgy super hero.

#7 4 years ago

Hated Deadpool, Dialed In all day long.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Super lame them versus a really edgy super hero.

A really edgy G-Rated super hero....

#9 4 years ago

Deadpool is a “cool” theme, but DI is way more fun to shoot IMO. But you won’t be as cool as if you got Deadpool. Playfield gadgets? DI. Awesome boss/final boss battles ? DI. Smooth shots, less clunky? DI. But Deadpool has that sword ramp which is neat. And the swearing I guess...

#10 4 years ago

I went with the cheaper option. Neither.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Deadpool is a way better theme also. Dialed in is about a magic cell phone. Super lame them versus a really edgy super hero.

Well, you also seem to hate JJP games so there's that lol.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, you also seem to hate JJP games so there's that lol.

I like woz and hobbit, but in general I don't care for JJP games. That is true. Of all JJP games tho I find DI the weakest.

#13 4 years ago

Deadpool, no contest.

#14 4 years ago

I'll start off by saying I sold a Twilight Zone that I owned for 8 years for a Dialed In LE. I've still been happy with that decesion nearly 2 years later. Dialed In is like a love letter to all of Pat's great games. There's elements of TZ, Funhouse, and AF spread throughout Dialed In which when combined make it Pat's best layout to date in my opinion. The game is also loaded with a ton of physical toys, far more than a vast majority of modern pins.

The code is extremely deep with nearly a dozen disaster modes, multiple multiball modes, several mini wizard modes, and a super wizard mode. The ongoing SIM card collect feature makes you keep coming back to beat modes (not just attempt them) to drastically increase your score and ultimately reach the games super wizard mode. Very few games have a similar hook that reward the player for beating modes, closest is probably LOTR with its Gift of the Elves reward system. Finally, what makes Dialed In one of a kind is that all of its assets are entirely custom made. The theme, the music, the rules, callouts, etc are all made by many of the same team members that worked on TZ and AF. Pinball doesn't get much better.

#15 4 years ago

I voted DP, but only because of your feeling's towards it and the good deal you found on one. If I were buying one though, it would be DI. I've played both, and while DP is cool, there really isn't a bunch going on mechanically. It's all art and code. It's fun, but not enough for me to buy it. DI however is different than other modern games. I get the humor, and I love the depth of the code, and it is a magical playfield. Gotta just get the one that you picture yourself wanting to play more. Both are good choices.

#16 4 years ago

DI for me, owned the LE and miss it. One of the only games I ever owned that I would keep starting new games over and over for hours.

#17 4 years ago

Dialed In, best JJP pin they have made.

#18 4 years ago

I have DI and really love it and Deadpool is on my short list (DP or Maiden).

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'll start off by saying I sold a Twilight Zone that I owned for 8 years for a Dialed In LE. I've still been happy with that decesion nearly 2 years later. Dialed In is like a love letter to all of Pat's great games. There's elements of TZ, Funhouse, and AF spread throughout Dialed In which when combined make it Pat's best layout to date in my opinion. The game is also loaded with a ton of physical toys, far more than a vast majority of modern pins.
The code is extremely deep with nearly a dozen disaster modes, multiple multiball modes, several mini wizard modes, and a super wizard mode. The ongoing SIM card collect feature makes you keep coming back to beat modes (not just attempt them) to drastically increase your score and ultimately reach the games super wizard mode. Very few games have a similar hook that reward the player for beating modes, closest is probably LOTR with its Gift of the Elves reward system. Finally, what makes Dialed In one of a kind is that all of its assets are entirely custom made. The theme, the music, the rules, callouts, etc are all made by many of the same team members that worked on TZ and AF. Pinball doesn't get much better.

Word.

#20 4 years ago

Deadpool. Look, both games are fun. But I think DP is better.

But this guy above said it best...

Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I love deadpool and want one.

#21 4 years ago

Dialed in.
Aint ever buying spike and all stern games are cheaply made.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Dialed in.
Aint ever buying spike and all stern games are cheaply made.

Did you mean to say Saab instead of Stern?

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Did you mean to say Saab instead of Stern?

Nah, saab was crazy innovative and caved as soon as the company was in jeopardy. Quite the opposite of stern.
Cudos though for the screen on stranger things (innovative). Hope it pans out.

Stern is more ikea.

#24 4 years ago

I think I know the DI you are talking about. Drop me a PM to confirm. If so the seller is really honest and will give you a good idea if there are any issues with the game etc. it’s a good deal IMHO.

#25 4 years ago

dialed in is a great shooter. played 6-7 games on Deadpool, wasn't impressed.

#26 4 years ago

Honestly, I don’t think it’s even close. Dialed In by a long shot. Deadpool is a great game, but not Dialed In great. I say that not taking into account price.

#27 4 years ago

So here’s my problem (all 1st world and everything) I love deadpool and want one. I don’t mind dialed in but I’ve talked myself into wanting one. There’s basically a new deadpool premium (100 plays) for sale 1k less than NIB (11k AUD) and the Dialed in for sale has about 9k plays on it but is priced at 9.5k aud. The dialed in looks in reasonable condition too

Think I might have already answered for you Audioenslaved .......

#28 4 years ago

I have dple and di. Di wins.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Think I might have already answered for you audioenslaved .......

What was that answer again?

#30 4 years ago

Owned a Dialed In LE.
Smooth shooter but just didn’t stick very long in the collection.
Sold it to fund a Deadpool LE.
No regrets.
Deadpool Premium/LE all the way in my book.

#31 4 years ago

Both are fantastic games. Won't go wrong with either one. If I HAD to chose, I would go with Deadpool. I just find it a bit more fun.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I voted DP, but only because of your feeling's towards it and the good deal you found on one. If I were buying one though, it would be DI. I've played both, and while DP is cool, there really isn't a bunch going on mechanically. It's all art and code. It's fun, but not enough for me to buy it. DI however is different than other modern games. I get the humor, and I love the depth of the code, and it is a magical playfield. Gotta just get the one that you picture yourself wanting to play more. Both are good choices.

I kind of did forget to mention the retail price of a DILE in AUD is $14.5k. So the DI even though aired with a tonne of games on it is a good deal

#33 4 years ago

Deadpool all day. I owned a dialed in LE and could not get rid of it quick enough. Such a boring theme with boring call outs. Cool toys but it never made me excited to play.

Also, the SIM card shot is a shit design. It’s such an important shot and the geometry and size of the hole is all fucked. It totally ruins the game.

#34 4 years ago

What was that answer again?

DP sold

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Such a boring theme with boring call outs. Cool toys but it never made me excited to play.
Also, the SIM card shot is a shit design. It’s such an important shot and the geometry and size of the hole is all fucked. It totally ruins the game.

100% - my vote is for JJP to do a Dialed In Vault Re-Theme - fix the bloody SIM card shot, re-theme as some disaster theme. Easy fix to what is otherwise a really good game.

#36 4 years ago

DP Pro and pocket the savings. DP premium doesn’t seem worth it to me.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from dontpanicflip:

DP Pro and pocket the savings. DP premium doesn’t seem worth it to me.

Problem is now a new Stern Pro is more than this used Dialed In he’s talking about

#38 4 years ago

In many ways, it's a draw. They're both amazing games, either one is a catch. I completely respect Dialed In, but Deadpool's retro arcade aesthetic puts more of a smile on my face. I also have more fun chasing down the final wizard mode in Deadpool, so many fun battles along the way...not to mention DISCO LOOPS BABY...in a dark room it's one of the coolest light shows in pinball.

#39 4 years ago

I'm waiting for one of these X vs. Y topics I have a strong option on. Deadpool vs. Dialed In? The monthly AFM vs. MB vs. MM question? They're all really good pinballs, brother.

#40 4 years ago

Deadpool is completely bare relative to Dialed In. Long term, there is WAY more to do in Dialed In as well.

It's really not even close.

#41 4 years ago

I'm actually surprised Deadpool is winning. It's a fun game, but we always seem to play Dialed In more than any other game on location. Deadpool is a much faster game though. I often play one right after the other, and DI feels very slow after a dozen games on Deadpool. I still prefer DI though by a wide margin.

#42 4 years ago

Dialed In is a borefest, Deadpool all the way!
I really don't understand the love for DI, it shoots pretty good but all the rest is so vanilla.
Callouts are horrible, animations are very subpar,...

#43 4 years ago

I own both of these games. Here is the deal even though Deadpool is themed around Deadpool they did the game because of the movie being a hit. The game has NOTHING to do with the movie, nor even a cartoon created by Marvel. Its not the Deadpool from the comics its a very PG version which is not honestly Deadpool. This game could have just been a made up Superhero game.

So don't buy it because of the theme, you buy it because its a super awesome pinball game. Deadpool might be one of Sterns best games ever.

Dialed In is an original themed game. Dialed In obviously has a lot more bells and whistles, awesome CGI FX on the screen, lots of cool happenings.

Both are great games. The point I was making about Deadpool not really being the super foul mouthed superhero... is that either pinball or kind of original themes. Jurassic Park Pinball is the same thing its kind of an original story inside the World of Dino's. So in a way both are original themes not based on any movie.

If you go for a Deadpool I would advice grabbing the PRO because its cheaper and its incredible. Dialed In is another incredible game but more expensive.

You can't go wrong either way.

#44 4 years ago

I’m not a huge fan of deadpool pro as the left “loop” feels horrible just stopping at the pops like it does yuck! I do like what Tanio has done with the coding on deadpool

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I own both of these games. Here is the deal even though Deadpool is themed around Deadpool they did the game because of the movie being a hit. The game has NOTHING to do with the movie, nor even a cartoon created by Marvel. Its not the Deadpool from the comics its a very PG version which is not honestly Deadpool. This game could have just been a made up Superhero game.
So don't buy it because of the theme, you buy it because its a super awesome pinball game. Deadpool might be one of Sterns best games ever.
Dialed In is an original themed game. Dialed In obviously has a lot more bells and whistles, awesome CGI FX on the screen, lots of cool happenings.
Both are great games. The point I was making about Deadpool not really being the super foul mouthed superhero... is that either pinball or kind of original themes. Jurassic Park Pinball is the same thing its kind of an original story inside the World of Dino's. So in a way both are original themes not based on any movie.
If you go for a Deadpool I would advice grabbing the PRO because its cheaper and its incredible. Dialed In is another incredible game but more expensive.
You can't go wrong either way.

In this case the dialed in in question was actually 2k cheaper than the deadpool premium or $250 cheaper than a nib pro good old Aussie dollar.

#46 4 years ago

In this case the dialed in in question was actually 2k cheaper than the deadpool premium or $250 cheaper than a nib pro good old Aussie dollar.

Shoot, I'd take a $5500 Dialed in every day and twice on Sunday if I could find one here.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Shoot, I'd take a $5500 Dialed in every day and twice on Sunday if I could find one here.

Yeah it’s about $6300 USD and with 9000 games on it. But I’m definitely tempted $$ wise

#48 4 years ago

Owned a Deadpool LE and a Dialed In LE. Deadpool all the way.

Dialed In is so boring I’d bore you explaining how boring it is.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Owned a Deadpool LE and a Dialed In LE. Deadpool all the way.
Dialed In is so boring I’d bore you explaining how boring it is.

LOL and I happen to know where both of your games ended up .

As far as my vote :
DI is an extremely smooth shooting game. Some pretty cool features such as an attacking multi ball, first use of a camera to take player pictures, and as all JJP's, built like a tank. I wanted one bad and loved it for the first few weeks. Unfortunately, maybe because I am not a hi caliber player, the game started to have an "every game is the same feel" for me. I was surprised how quickly the game left the collection.

As far as DP: I have the LE which is just stunning. The art and clear on the play field may be the best package that I have owned / seen. The shots can seem a little clunky as compared to DI, but, several of the shots feel pretty unique and are very satisfying to hit. Code wise , DP is a much deeper overall package and has more surprises then DI for my taste.

Hence , I voted DP.

As always, to me price of a particular game can get it into my collection. I would not hesitate to get a DI if I felt it was priced such that it could be easily turned over if not to my particular tastes down the road.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

LOL and I happen to know where both of your games ended up .
As far as my vote :
DI is an extremely smooth shooting game. Some pretty cool features such as an attacking multi ball, first use of a camera to take player pictures, and as all JJP's, built like a tank. I wanted one bad and loved it for the first few weeks. Unfortunately, maybe because I am not a hi caliber player, the game started to have an "every game is the same feel" for me. I was surprised how quickly the game left the collection.
As far as DP: I have the LE which is just stunning. The art and clear on the play field may be the best package that I have owned / seen. The shots can seem a little clunky as compared to DI, but, several of the shots feel pretty unique and are very satisfying to hit. Code wise , DP is a much deeper overall package and has more surprises then DI for my taste.
Hence , I voted DP.
As always, to me price of a particular game can get it into my collection. I would not hesitate to get a DI if I felt it was priced such that it could be easily turned over if not to my particular tastes down the road.

Agree, if people prefer toys, magnets, subways, extra display that can interact with the game, selfie camera, drones (some people do). To me pinball can be two things either a shooting and scoring experience like TNA/DP etc. or can be a showcase for toys and hidden forces like TAF, TZ, and DI. Not saying one is more important that the other. But depends on if you like a lot of toys then DI would be better. I think they both have interesting shots and good rules.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 25.95
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.99
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-v-dialed-in/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.