• None 82 votes
    30%

(276 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

life_size_DP.jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Which Deadpool Pinball Would You Buy?

A few Deadpol pros were made and now LE’s are being run. Stern will probably complete LE’s before switching to more pros and then some premiums. Considering cost, which model of Deadpool pinball would you buy? Current pricing before shipping is around $5.3k / $7k / $8.6k.

#2 5 years ago

I'm usually a pro buyer so I would go pro if I were someone else. Less monies, easier recoup, get it quicker.

Nothing I've seen excited me enough to buy one, and the Gomez design sealed the deal to stay away at launch. I might play one later and really like it though.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm usually a pro buyer so I would go pro if I were someone else.
Nothing I've seen excited me enough to buy one, and the Gomez design sealed the deal to stay away at launch. I might play one later and really like it though.

fair enough

#4 5 years ago

Im usually a premium guy, but I dont see enough of a difference? I would go pro

#5 5 years ago

The pro I played was a kick and presented none of the rattling feedback I’m reading. The stream for the Prem/Le was good but I’ll need to jump on one before I can vote.

Looking for a few LE owners to chime in about how the diverter impacts game play. How much probably matters, but “worth it” is your own preference.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Im usually a premium guy, but I dont see enough of a difference? I would go pro

The left orbit shot and extra disco mode on the premium are nice to have, but are not worth much to me. I like the pro, especially with a spinning disco ball mod added. If one is determined to pay a premium to get the premium, the comparison is against the LE. Willing to pay for powder coating, a real backglass, shaker and no-glare glass, I would choose an LE over premium. I’d be happy own a premium too, but that would be my third choice.

1 week later
#7 5 years ago

I just got the LE and love it. The overall package is awesome!

Graphics, sound, cabinet all above my expectations.

Game play is good. Too soon to know long term, but it is a different layout than what I’ve been playing lately. Kids absolutely love it.

The diverter is a nice to have, but compared to playing a machine without it, I don’t think it adds anything major to the game play.

As a route machine, I can’t see how anyone would go wrong with a Pro. The sound alone makes this game standout.

For home, I don’t think anyone would be disappointed with a Pro.

I buy LE pins because I’m a sucker for marketing. That being said, my first impressions of Deadpool LE are way better than my last LE purchase, which was Star Wars.

#8 5 years ago

LE - because it's the best version

#9 5 years ago

How about Zen Deadpool? It's the only one I can afford right now and have the space for (plus, I already have it).

#10 5 years ago

Premiums usually for me (since I'm not wealthy enough to just proclaim all LE's are a standard in my life.).
This is based on wanting to get the most out of the playfield without spending $1 extra. We'll see with DP. I love playing the Pro, and I'm eager to see if I agree with others that the premium playfield differences aren't worth it.
I'm afraid I don't care much about powder coating, glass type, art packages and toppers... maybe light shows though (STLE was my closest brush with an LE purchase.)

#11 5 years ago

Premium/LE extras almost never justify the expense, and often make a game play worse. Always buy pros unless you're a "gotta have it" guy with deep pockets.

#12 5 years ago

I would get the pro I like the artwork the best and I don't feel like there is any major differences between the versions.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Premium/LE extras almost never justify the expense, and often make a game play worse. Always buy pros unless you're a "gotta have it" guy with deep pockets.

Buying a pinball machine almost never justifies the expense. Always invest or spend your money on food and rent unless you are a "gotta have it" guy with deep pockets.

That being said, play both and decide would be my suggestion to the OP. I am a Premium buyer for the most part. Like the extra light show, toys, shots, sometimes modes. LE only if you love the theme. Full disclosure, went LE on this one, should have it this week. Like the art the best, the HD glass, shaker, armor adds some value over the Premium.

#14 5 years ago

The DP LE is beautiful but it is essentially a beautiful DP Pro plus $3.5k.

The differences - cabinet art is swapped, translite becomes a backglass, rails & legs are powder coated and you get figures, spinning ball, invisiglass and a shaker motor added. Design-wise you gain a left looping shot to right flipper or shooter lane and you also gain a mini-loops mode. Of special note - LE cabinet decals are not metallic as recent Stern LE’s and while the backglass looks good, it is nothing to write home about. I like the pro cabinet and translite.

I plan on buying DP Pro and paying $800 for - powder coated metal, figures, invisiglass, shaker motor and spinning ball mod. That should save me enough to buy the ultimate mod (life size Deadpool) and still leave $1.3k for whiskey & beer. I can pretend to be drinking with my new buddy Dead while playing his pinball game and have a grand time. Meanwhile, DP's drinks won't cost me a dime. Off to find the #ILUVWHISKEY thread.

life_size_DP.jpeglife_size_DP.jpeg

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The DP LE is beautiful but it is essentially a beautiful DP Pro plus $3.5k.
For the difference - cabinet art is swapped, translite becomes a backglass, rails & legs are powder coated and you get figures, spinning ball, invisiglass and a shaker motor added. Design-wise you gain a left looping shot to right flipper or shooter lane and you also gain a mini-loops mode.
I plan on buying DP Pro and adding $800 for - powder coated metal, figures, invisiglass, shaker motor and spinning ball mod. That should save me enough to buy the ultimate topper (life size Deadpool) and still have $1.3k left for whiskey & beer. I can pretend to be drinking with my new buddy Dead while playing pinball and having a grand time. Meanwhile DP's drinks won't cost me a dime. Off to find the #ILUVWHISKEY thread.

Great! Enjoy.

#16 5 years ago

I will not be a buyer of this title, but I am looking forward to playing both the pro and the premium at the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo in 2 weeks. Can't wait to see the disco ball mode in the premium game.

#17 5 years ago

Played a premium and it was a fun time. The disco part really wasn't that cool though.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Played a premium and it was a fun time. The disco part really wasn't that cool though.

The premium extras are definitely not worth the price on Dp. Actually like the play of the pro way more since the drop targets slow the ball down, the extra plunger ramp is only used for one mode. Could go on and on but no need.

#19 5 years ago

I haven't seen it yet, but will at the expo.

Bottom line I'm a pro buyer, it would take something special to step up, for instance Star Trek premium or LE, instead of my getting the pro.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Bottom line I'm a pro buyer, it would take something special to step up....

Yeah your pro is safe. It's def very avengers and flat like, but I don;t know it played pretty smooth.

#21 5 years ago

Happens with every release, people feel the need to justify what version they buy, and the "worth" of it. From an objective BOM standpoint you are never getting the extra cash value. If cost is the deciding factor, then never go Premium or LE.

#22 5 years ago

Could care about art style or bling but I found the added drops and diverter do impact the gameplay experience between the two models.
Are they “worth” it?
Up to you

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Bottom line I'm a pro buyer, it would take something special to step up, for instance Star Trek premium or LE, instead of my getting the pro.

I've always thought Star Trek was the one amazing LE that almost justified the cost. Still bought a pro because I'm "thrifty," but damn, that LE.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Could care about art style or bling but I found the added drops and diverter do impact the gameplay experience between the two models.

"Impact" sounds material and noticeable. Are you saying for the better, or for the worse?
I'd like to understand if these 2 opinions are a consensus? Or opposite?

Quoted from GravitaR:

Actually like the play of the pro way more since the drop targets slow the ball down, the extra plunger ramp is only used for one mode. Could go on and on but no need.

#25 5 years ago

I bought an LE and am loving it. It’s a theme I love so I splurged. If they ever make a Masters of the Universe, I’ll be so broke.

3 weeks later
#26 5 years ago

Has anyone played both enough to see the gameplay pros and cons of Pro vs Premium. It seems from some streams that the pro plays a bit harder due to stand ups vs drop targets, but it’s hard to tell for sure. Also trying to figure out how much smoother the lift ramp over the shooter lane makes the Premium vs the Pro.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Also trying to figure out how much smoother the lift ramp over the shooter lane makes the Premium vs the Pro.

Premium definitely flows better because most left orbit shots feed the right flipper instead of the pops. It's not what I'd call a smooth shot (except maybe by Gomez standards), but any feed to a flipper is smoother than pop bumpers.

Still not sure if I prefer disco loops (premium) or disco multiball (pro).

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Still not sure if I prefer disco loops (premium) or disco multiball (pro).

disco multiball is still on the premium, you need to do the right orbit a bunch more after you finish disco loops.

I do wish they would of kept the standups in the premium/LE version. The game does feel a little slow to begin with, adding the drop's help slow the ball that much more. Not sure why they keep saying drop's are a premium feature. It's like.... Well Bob we haven't reached the BOM yet, what else can we do to this thing?

drop targets are cool, but not necessarily an upgrade IMO.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Has anyone played both enough to see the gameplay pros and cons of Pro vs Premium. It seems from some streams that the pro plays a bit harder due to stand ups vs drop targets, but it’s hard to tell for sure. Also trying to figure out how much smoother the lift ramp over the shooter lane makes the Premium vs the Pro.

Prem is definitely smoother with left orbit to upramp to right flipper, but you might hit that shot 5-10 flips per game. Instead left orbit ball exits the pops at top of playfield. A pro can satisfy all your other needs. Im sticking with pro.

#30 5 years ago

I originally ordered a pro and had it for about 2 months and found I loved the game so much I wanted to upgrade so I got the LE. Heres my take, the left loop is an absolute blast and the disco loop mode adds to the game. On the other hand the drop targets make locks, mystery and juggernaut SIGNIFICANTLY harder to achieve. Overall I actually miss my pro but it might be due to the change and I fell in love with the pro first. Once I tune this LE in maybe it'll change but PRO is way to go

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Current pricing before shipping is around $5.3k / $7k / $8.6k.

So have prices come down from the previous release? I was quoted $5600 and $7300 for Iron Maiden when it released (with shipping but I don't always need to ship).

3 months later
#32 5 years ago

Played the pro on location an really liked it, was wondering now the games been out for a little bit what people think of the 2 models? Are the extras worth the extra $$ , doubt I would find a premium on location here an definitely want to get one before the years up, so was bumping the thread to see if any one has any new opinions to add?? Cheers

#33 5 years ago

I own neither, but have played both plenty. Premium/LE plays slightly nicer with the gate that opens to feed the right return ramp, but it's not enough of a difference to justify the cost. Pro cabinet art matches the playfield best and has more of a comic book feel. I've never been quite sold on the t-rex or shark, although ZY did an amazing job on them.

My answer with almost every game is "get the pro" and it's no different here. If you like throwing money around, go big.

#34 5 years ago

I own a Pro and played the Premium. The left orbit on the Premium is nice, but I don't feel like I'm missing much at all by owning a Pro. I prefer the art on the Pro better personally.

#35 5 years ago

I noticed the ball ended up back in the shooter lane a fair bit while playing on the pro, is that the same case on the premium?

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

I noticed the ball ended up back in the shooter lane a fair bit while playing on the pro, is that the same case on the premium?

Only time it happens on mine is if I short the right orbit. If I hit the left orbit, it’s diverted to the sword and dropped to the right flipper (premium).

1 week later
#37 5 years ago

So the only gameplay differences between the pro and the premium are the drops on both sides and the diverter that feeds the left loop to the right inlane (sometimes or always?) ?

#38 5 years ago

Correct.

Non play diff. Le premium also have disco ball, better figures and truck.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

So the only gameplay differences between the pro and the premium are the drops on both sides and the diverter that feeds the left loop to the right inlane (sometimes or always?) ?

DP pro is a solid choice and one day I’ll have one.

#40 5 years ago

Love my pro. I prefer the standups to the drops. More ball action. The lack of the right diverter ramp is somewhat annoying on the pro - balls drop into the shooter lane and need to be auto-plunged back out with annoying frequency. But it's not "spend thousands of dollars" annoying. It's minor. You can mod disco ball back in if you really want it - I couldn't care less. Art on the pro is overall a better package, IMHO, but that's a matter of aesthetic taste. I like the premium cabinet art better, but it doesn't match the color scheme of the playfield. The art on the LE is too much. Too much red, too much yellow. No thanks. So pro wins, overall.

The other goodies I don't care about (figures, glowing speaker rings, powder coat, shaker, mixtapes and vinyl, etc...).

Your mileage may vary, of course. Stern appears to be selling plenty of Premiums and LEs, so lots of folks disagreeing with me, I'm sure.

#41 5 years ago

Is the lightshow on the pro the same as on the prem/LE?

#42 5 years ago

Curious to hear more opinions on this and DP in general especially with almost complete code.

#43 5 years ago

I like the Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry version better.

#44 5 years ago

I picked up a Deadpool pro in a trade this week. Traded a mario plus cash. It’s a really fun pin, me and my wife have been playing every night this week. I’d definitely recommend the pro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 25.95
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-v-deadpool-poll?hl=djxealot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.